Mod Requests

Re: Mod Requests

Postby CJ (Crash) » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:09 am

"Hangars on af maps too."

Are you saying you want hangars to be put in Air Fighter maps, or that there are glitches on existing hangars on certain maps?
CJ (Crash)

Postby HairyRussianDude » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:36 am

Hangars can be breached on 1942 maps. I don't want to openly discuss here how to do these things though.
Youtube surely has some videos if you're curious, or we can jump on an empty server one night and I can show you.
HairyRussianDude

National Flag:
Canada

Postby CJ (Crash) » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:16 am

Ive been playing this game for three years and Im just learning about all this stuff now lol.
CJ (Crash)

Postby ryeontherocks » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:13 pm

you make a good point to edit out or barb wire known glitches to make them mute points ...as opposed to banning to using them..but they also tell everyone where they are....so its a double edged sword....sigh
ryeontherocks
Admin
Admin

National Flag:
Canada

Postby HairyRussianDude » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:18 pm

Ah young rye,
One must first know of the glitch BEFORE they can use it to discover said barbed wire.
And without barbed wire: *player accidentally/intentionally glitches* "HEY LOOK WHAT I FOUND!" *others come explore**admin required to get them out*
With barbed wire: *player accidentally/intentionally glitches* "HEY LOOK WHAT I FOU...." *respawn**rye not required, can continue dancing in dress for camel*

Not to toot my own horn but I think its a damn great idea. Don't even need to worry about anybody downloading stuff to make it visible.
HairyRussianDude

National Flag:
Canada

Postby CJ (Crash) » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:45 am

The barbed wire can be put anywhere, so I suppose a good thing to do is hide it inside the glitched building, so that only the glitchers will experience it (and die quickly). That way, to the casual player/observer, the map seems unchanged, assuming the map editor is smart enough not to have bits of the barbed wire visible. Another point HRD, is that I can create any square to be "outside the map". In other words the glitcher will start dying just like you or I would if we leave the outskirts of the map.
CJ (Crash)

Postby CJ (Crash) » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:53 am

On 2nd thought,
The maps are like chess boards made of tiles. Each tile has a value like "grass", or "mud", surrounded by tiles marked "outside the map". Those are the ones that kill you automatically, so that 2nd method would only work in specific circumstances with regard to stopping glitches mid map; For example where the "outside the map" tile is smaller than the building or Closed buildings grouped together; the houses in Berlin are too skinny. If you set a middle tile as "outside the map" to stop a glitcher, innocent people would die just by standing or walking by that building since the kill zone is bigger than the building. In practice you'd more likely use that second methion on a building that's already on the outskirts of the map.
CJ (Crash)

Previous

Return to Desert Combat