tonawandares
Admin
Admin
Anti Spam: No
Spam: Yes
United States of America

Losing a Loved One

Post by tonawandares » Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:52 pm

There is probably nothing more difficult than losing a loved one.
I've been noticeably afk for some time. Life brings us these challenges, and sometimes they hit all at once.
We had major storm damage earlier this year and are almost done with the final repairs.
My 90-year-old mom had a stroke and a heart attack the last day of June. She is still recovering but just a shell of who she was before.
My older sister is at the end of her life now at a mere 68 years of age.

I'm glad that some of the pettiness that was going on around here has subsided.
We come here to escape.
We come here to have fun.
We come here to enjoy our friends we've come to know over the years.
We never know what one of us is going through at any given time so let's continue to think about the things that are important.
Ugliness with each other profits nothing.
I hope when I return, I can fully enjoy my EA117 friends and my time playing.

~ tona

Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Re: Losing a Loved One

Post by Trench » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:42 pm

Thanks for letting us in on a little of what's been going on. And for sharing one of the perspectives it helped illuminate.

Sorry that so much of life came calling all at the same time. Take care, and we're going to be glad to see you back when you have time again.

-Trench

jolly_mario_batali
Admin
Admin

Post by jolly_mario_batali » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:24 pm

Amen, Trench.

Tona: I'm terribly sorry to hear about all that has transpired for you and your family these past months. I have no words that can assuage your suffering, but what I can say is that we stand with you through it all. And I also, wholeheartedly, echo your sentiment that major events of adversity that one faces in life should serve as reminders to the trivial nature of many of the disputes and frustrations that occupy our day-to-day existence. This is a safe space to escape from the reality of life's inevitable challenges, not to encounter even more.

Make sure to practice self care during these months. And we look forward to seeing you here again in your own time.

-JGB

[-UG-] Maj. MoFo
Spam: Sometimes

Post by [-UG-] Maj. MoFo » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:50 pm

Hi Tona,

So sorry for your losses. Getting old sux, especially for the older generation than you. I have few words. Hang in there Kel!

Dan

HairyRussianDude
Canada

Post by HairyRussianDude » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:05 pm

I'm sorry for your loss Tona. I hope you're back on your feet sooner than later, and we look forward to you returning when you're ready.

fromage

Post by fromage » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:02 pm

Tona, I haven't been on much but sorry to hear of the struggles you've all encountered. I hope you and your family find some comfort in the days, months & years to come. Take care of yourself in the meantime and keep 'em saggy, pal. :)