question about mines

redsled22

question about mines

Post by redsled22 »

I know I've discussed this with a few admins and it's not a consistent response I'm getting some says it's good to go some say it's not and will give you a ban

so the question:

Is it legal to lay/place mines in an enemies main base?

I've done it a few times it's not a constant for me but I dont want to get banned etc
Demonic

Re: question about mines

Post by Demonic »

to me, i would consider it camping.....the impression of camping i get from the rules, is killing or destroying anything BEFORE its able to leave the main base.
so if there are mines placed in a main that could potentially destroy/kill , then i would assume its no different to firing a gun.

just my thoughts...
Swanny-CG
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Swanny-CG »

If you can drop them ONLY on things that are firing out, like the MLRS/BM21 or Howitzer then go on ahead.

Otherwise it's camping.
redsled22

Post by redsled22 »

cool swanny thanks for clarification
redsled22

Post by redsled22 »

lol you know aids the reason i did it in the first place is because i had it happen to me by an admin lol that said it was fair game

so ya guess that clears that up :lol:

so sometimes if one admin says something is wrong another will say it's ok gets confusing
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Post by Sarge 1/68th Armor »

That's why I should be the DC God!!

'Silver Lions" 1st Battalion, 68th Armor Regiment, 8th Infantry Division/
SFC. TANK CDR. M1A1....HUA!

With Great Speed
toolman
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by toolman »

I also consider laying mines just outside the opponents main to be camping... to an extent.

Without "splitting hairs" too much I have always looked at camping as a whole rather than just a specific thing. If say for example a MLRS is dropping rockets just outside the only exit on 73 eastings to the point nobody can get out, they may as well be dropping them right in the middle of the uncap.

as always I make my admin. judgments on the actual game-play and map as it's being played out. Much like I won't stand for someone who carpet bombs a uncap with the "intentions" of taking out a SA3, scud, arty etc. etc.

Good example is flying the C130 over red main on El Al. I don't necessarily kick the gunners or even warn them...but I am quick to bring down the ban hammer (1 warning) on the guy flying it even though he might never fire a shot.
professional driver. closed course. do not attempt.