Omaha Beach

BoOn
Canada

Omaha Beach

Post by BoOn »

Well I just want to bring forth a suggestion for this usually long drawn out map that blue rarely wins :? . What are the chances of changing it up a bit to make it more intense, such as encouraging blue to actually make a bigger team effort to capture a flag.

For such a small sized map it lacks the intensity that should naturally be there. A good point was brought up in TS lastnight during the map and that was Blue is already at a disadvantage from having to work their way up the ramps that having the sniper kits both the M-25/M-82 only encourages the discouraged to sit back and snipe while only a handful attempt the fundamental task of trying to get a flag.

A few nights ago blue capped our top flag and had our bunker flag white , well due to alot of blue still on the beach sniping it didnt take us much to get both flags back.

So once again whats the chances of removing the snipers kits and the M-82 all together (Blue and Red)? , I really think that would increase the amount of blue players going after a flag and giving red a run for their money since as it sits its basically a turkey shoot for the few that do want to get a flag.

Any comments or thoughts on this ?
opus
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Denmark

Re: Omaha Beach

Post by opus »

I totally agree on this, and I remember the convosation about it on TS.
Most people there agreed on this aswell, cause it IS a good map.. It just needs some work.

Blue tend to give up from the get go, as they know it's a tough job getting flags.
Then their main objective becomes locating the 50. cal, and snipe the whole map.
(Then atleast they can get a good KDR... )

It's not like the snipers does anything for the team, since they are bleeding to death anyways!
Eliminate the snipers completely, or simply put 1 rifle on each team. It would force Blue to make an bigger effort, and inspire tight infantry battles.

Another angle could be to "lend" the gameplay from old regular bf42, by adding some armor.
I remember how fun it was to try take out the Tiger, or steal the sherman on beach.

Good post Johnny.. and I completely support this idea!

-opie
! --- T E A M W O R K - M A K E S - M E - H O R N Y -- !
~~~ A Good Soldier Obeys Without Question, A Good Officer Commands Without Doubt! ~~~
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Lol you are gonna make me do this again .....
http://www.ea117dcfanfavorites.com/view ... each#p9023
;)
God bless the past and present men and women in uniform.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
BoOn
Canada

Post by BoOn »

I will buy you a brew for the trouble lol.

Ok so I read thru that post and other than it being over a year old , there didnt seem to be a final decision (unless keeping the sniper kits/M-82's was the final decision lol ). Sounds like the bunker flag was kept neutral back then. Anyways nothing wrong with visiting the topic again since its still a issue and Blue is still laying back with sniper rifles while only a handful of their team does the dirty work.
Nightstalker wrote:Is there a way to limit the amount of snipers on blue .. Say 5 max ???? and I jsut threw that number out there .. This would allow some to be snipers but also cause the majority of the blue team to become attackers OR lololol ..... camp with other guns ... just another thought.
To me this is a good idea, spawn 2 M-82's on the beach and remove the sniping kits all together, Red doesnt really need them and 2 M-82's on the beach is PLENTY for blue to deal with the MG's and other infantry on the ramps.
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

JohnnyAppleSeed wrote:I will buy you a brew for the trouble

YES!!!! Lol can I hold you to that lolol ... and no nothing wrong with bringing up old stuff if there is a concern and you think you have a solution ;)
God bless the past and present men and women in uniform.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
Swanny-CG
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Swanny-CG »

I'd be fine with trying it but someone has to either handle the modding or ask Southern Cross nicely to do it.

I think he's been busy lately.
BoOn
Canada

Post by BoOn »

Swanny-CG wrote:I'd be fine with trying it but someone has to either handle the modding or ask Southern Cross nicely to do it.

I think he's been busy lately.
I have no problems modding it if your willing to give it a try , Only issue is that I would need the rfa currently being used unless the map is currently stock and unmodded and what exactly your agreeing on as there are a few different suggestions. If you would like me to mod it I could and send you the rfa for testing and approval.
Swanny-CG
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Swanny-CG »

We'll check it out - just know that there are no guarantees - if it doesn't play well, we'll end up taking it out.

PM me your email address.
Southern Cross
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Japan

Post by Southern Cross »

BTW, this is my SSM of omaha.
omaha1.jpg
Added LCAC for blue.
We have 2 DPVs on LCAC but also 2 Bradleys ver is available.
omaha2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BoOn
Canada

Post by BoOn »

I like that idea SC, would add something new to the map.

It makes me think of a few things thou,

1- There will be no artillery or tomahawk to return fire on the defguns for blue, which could result in blue getting hammered on the beach, It may also be benificial in a sense to encourage blue as a team to get off the beach. The tomahawk basically rendered the defguns useless as they were the first targets taken out and now the defguns are going to be used to full advantage.

2- If the beach flag is going to belong to red at the start, what happens if a smacktard drives the boat out of bounds or somewhere south preventing blue from getting to the beach?

3- Is that a BM-21/MLRS on the map lol ?
Southern Cross
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Japan

Post by Southern Cross »

I used to run this map for my coop server which is human vs bots.
Bots are on RED and they are a little weak compared with human... That's why I gave them BM-21 lol.
I'll turn RED's beach flag to blue if it will be used in EA117.
Of course no BM21 on red.

Are you already modding omaha beach?
BoOn
Canada

Post by BoOn »

Ya its already done, only took about 10min as the Omaha map on the server is stock mostly, Just removed the sniper kits on both sides and spawned 2 M-82's on the beach. Just waiting for a email from Swanny so that I can send it to him.

That LCAC would be sexy for red on coastal hammer with a T-72 in it for the landing lol.
Southern Cross
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Japan

Post by Southern Cross »

Can you send me your modded rfa?
I sent you PM.