guadacanal

bingo.ca

guadacanal

Post by bingo.ca »

please mod this so Blue isn't soooo powerful.

Red doesnt have a missle on thier boats, blue does.
this makes red boats impossible to use as missle takes them out with one shot.

ive been on red on this map almost always and red has never won this map.

maybe add helos and eliminate the planes as well?
BoOn
Canada

Re: guadacanal

Post by BoOn »

Actually bingo.ca, red is more powerful on this map. Opposition has the tools to easily beat blue on this map but rarely use the tactics to utilize them in a team work atmosphere.

One of the most powerful tools in reds arsenal is their spawn helo, this helo can EASILY turn the game. But ppl either dont have the patience to fly it or they dont fly it at all as it sits in the main 95% of the time. Coalition does not have a spawn helo.

Opposition has 1 Destroyer / 2 OSA Torpedo Boats / Sub ,versus Coalitions 2 fletchers. Again Red does not utilize teamwork to control the fletchers with these boats. Many times blue players in the fletchers do not know how to use tactics in the fletcher and they are easily controlled by the red team. But if you get someone like OnePump in the fletcher who knows HOW to use it with skill and tactics it can be devastating to red. Even with experienced fletcher operators ,their ship can still be taken out easily by 1 red infantry and 2 sticks of C4 !!. Take the time to learn how its done rather than beating your head against the wall trying to kill them.

Basically I would say that blue team is the under dogs here , not the red team as your suggesting. Red has the tools to dominate this map but alot of times doesnt use them. I cannot say it enough how important that spawn helo is in turning a map, I have flown it on DesertShield/El Alamein alot and everytime im flying it my team will use it to capture flags and red will 99% of the time win the map!!
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Damn good points Johnny. Most of the maps boil down to two things, teamwork and strategy. As we have said many times this game is not blue vs red. Its about your personal KDR. And I have to give you credit, you from what I have seen you seem to always get in the spawn helo or the 130 (which I was having fun gunning in) and are willing to hang out most of the game.
God bless the past and present men and women in uniform.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
BoOn
Canada

Post by BoOn »

Ya that AC-130 is fun to fly for sure , and is alot more enjoyable when you have experienced gunners that knows how to target the enemy on the ground like yourself NS. I watched that vid tutorial that I think Swanny made, It made it alot easier to kill with it afte that lol. The most annoying thing ever is spawning into the AC-130 with someone that doesnt understand how to fly it and will hold the plane at almost a 180 while circling, atleast at that angle you can scare them by shooting the outside of their flag lol. NOT a fan of how long it takes to heal thou ( *cough cough SouthernCross ;) ).

But I dont mind flying the spawn helo either, Its boring as hell but I know how important it can be so usually I will stay up in it till about the last 20 tickets, I will then bail at the nearest flag and do my lil fart thing and hope to get atleast one kill in before the map is over lol.

I think im gonna make a attempt at making a vid tut regarding the ships , touch on some things that players may not know about the fletcher/tomahawk and its scoring system.
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

I love gunning in the 130. As you said it is a royal pain when you have a pilot that does not even know how to fly much less that you can hit your mouse button and get a side view WITH a reticle to use to keep you on target. The number 2 position is obviously my fave but I have seen guys in the #5 wipe people out just as fast or if not faster than the big gun for obvious reloading reasons. I am getting better with the #5. You just have to remember it is a negative lead as the plane is moving and not the targets. #2 is easy to aim .. 5 a little harder and the mini guns well those are no brainer .. spray and pray ;)

As for the spawn helo if you play like I do you dont need anyone else to take advantage of the spawn helo. Just get in it .. fly it for a few minutes. Bail, die REAL fast and you are able to spawn in the helo again. I have perfected that maneuver. If I am lucky enough to live a while all I do is hope that someone else got in the helo and felt like flying OR that I flew it high enough that I have time to recover when I get back in. :mrgreen:
God bless the past and present men and women in uniform.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
Lt.Dangle
United States of America

Post by Lt.Dangle »

hey bingo, i modded a guadal canal myself. i got rid of helos, added a few 50 cals. dont really kno about the ships. but need to get sc to help out.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
BoOn
Canada

Post by BoOn »

Nightstalker wrote: As for the spawn helo if you play like I do you dont need anyone else to take advantage of the spawn helo. Just get in it .. fly it for a few minutes. Bail, die REAL fast and you are able to spawn in the helo again. I have perfected that maneuver. If I am lucky enough to live a while all I do is hope that someone else got in the helo and felt like flying OR that I flew it high enough that I have time to recover when I get back in. :mrgreen:
OnePump has also perfected the opportunity of stealing the other teams spawn helo when that tactic is used lol.
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Post by Sarge 1/68th Armor »

Sounds like Nighty needs my to fly the Herc... ;)

'Silver Lions" 1st Battalion, 68th Armor Regiment, 8th Infantry Division/
SFC. TANK CDR. M1A1....HUA!

With Great Speed
Lt.Dangle
United States of America

Post by Lt.Dangle »

a c130 would be pretty cool on that map. =)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us