Total votes: 3

ryeontherocks
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Canada

Re: Server Map Rotation

Post by ryeontherocks »

for the exception of karkov, sea rigs, and twin rivers thats our rotation
keep in mind sea rigs is a good map when lots are on and that the same with with alot of good maps
so having 10 guys on sea rigs will kill the server, sometimes i throw in the odd map to mix it up a bit based on what majority want. DONT ask for map vote cause i am tell u from experience keeping everyone happy is not going to happen!!! EVER so seeing map vote flashing every 10 secs is enough to drive me batty...(not gonna happen)
but ty for your feed back ;)
BlaineBlitzer
United States of America

Post by BlaineBlitzer »

I agree with you about the map vote poping up every few seconds, i hate that also, i was just trying to come up with some new ideas.in a bad way...lol , but i havent played oil fields in awhile urban siege or twin rivers or midway, i just wanna try some maps we havent played in awhile, how about not normal special map day only once a week . 8-) like a BOSS

ryeontherocks wrote:for the exception of karkov, sea rigs, and twin rivers thats our rotation
keep in mind sea rigs is a good map when lots are on and that the same with with alot of good maps
so having 10 guys on sea rigs will kill the server, sometimes i throw in the odd map to mix it up a bit based on what majority want. DONT ask for map vote cause i am tell u from experience keeping everyone happy is not going to happen!!! EVER so seeing map vote flashing every 10 secs is enough to drive me batty...(not gonna happen)
but ty for your feed back ;)
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Blaine, if you ever want to play a map, just ask for it next. I can not think of one admins thatwould not set next to a different map AS LONG as the server population warrants that size map and the majority are OK with it. ;)
God bless the past and present men and women in uniform.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
mistamontiel
Cuba

Post by mistamontiel »

Inshallah , first_light khafji_docks were amazing seeing recently but just run on a whim

Full DC rotation .. original maps should be the ones in moderation .. do justice

Don't let me miss a round of sea_rigs 0.o
ryeontherocks
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Canada

Post by ryeontherocks »

i have played sea rigs a few time in the last week as well...its a good map with alot of players on!
SuperTesla
United States of America

Post by SuperTesla »

I vote that Inshallah Valley and CTF Docks be added to the rotation. Seems like everyone enjoys Inshallah a lot!
Long live Catpantsia!

BF player since 2003
fromage

Post by fromage »

SuperTesla wrote:I vote that Inshallah Valley and CTF Docks be added to the rotation. Seems like everyone enjoys Inshallah a lot!
+1, and Berlin CTF, that seems fun too.

Remove the following: They tend to kill the server
Wake
Bocage Day 2
El Alamein
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

I doubt Bocage will ever be removed. What other map would Rye be able to claim the king of. ;)
God bless the past and present men and women in uniform.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
fromage

Post by fromage »

Nightstalker wrote:I doubt Bocage will ever be removed. What other map would Rye be able to claim the king of. ;)

Hmmm, maybe we can slot Bocage inbetween crashes.
Hav3n
United States of America

Post by Hav3n »

Wake is boring for red...no end of amusement for blue with unlimited Tomcats and Harriers.

Honestly - all the maps are good with lots of people on, but any map with jets and helis gets an extra vote in my book. (Al Nas exempted)
ryeontherocks
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Canada

Post by ryeontherocks »

lol..night your too much ;-)
I think there is alot of maps that are great but need to have more players on to be fun like inshalla its not fun with a few on but loads when everyone is into it! so ask your friendly admin and we can through it on to keep it fresh.
zanshin1

Post by zanshin1 »

In all fairness, bocage should be run twice, #5 slot and #10 slot.

I think after al nas, should be wake and then aberdeen......go to gazala, then bocage, then el ala (ctf), then go to your berlin, lost village, basrah edge, bocage.

now at 12..........basrah edge, buldge, inshalla, then bocage.....

basically wake and aberdeen are commercials.....refill/nap time....lol......

NOW THATS A LIST!!!!! :)
sgt stokes
United States of America

Post by sgt stokes »

i would like to see bocage and wake get dropped, maybe a coupe of others.
WE SHOULD BELIEVE IN GOD, FAMILY, AND COUNTRY, ALL OTHERS WE HUNT DOWN.
Hav3n
United States of America

Post by Hav3n »

I like seeing Berlin CTF on more. Really any CTF is fun, especially where flag stealing is a realistic endeavor. The big maps like El Al are tough unless you have a swooping duo, which can make it hell for one team...

Omaha Beach recently ran as a CTF map and it was pretty fun INVERTED. You stole the flag in your own "main" and then had to get to the other one, with the flag one the pole to score. Interesting...although it devolved into 2 helis circling each other a bit too often. Still...I enjoyed it and loved the whole concept of taking the flag up in a heli with a team of guys to go get the flag recovered just as the flag carrier dropped down on the pole. Fun.
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

Taking into consideration the previous suggestions, as well as trying to keep a majority of the maps playable even when numbers are low or no admin is on, the map rotation has been updated to the following:
  • Berlin (DC_Final) Capture the Flag (Infantry)
  • Sea Rigs (DC_Final) Conquest (Infantry)
  • Al Nas (DC_Final) Capture the Flag (Infantry)
  • Inshallah Valley (DesertCombat) Conquest (Light helo, light tank, size)
  • Desert Shield (DC_Final) Conquest (Planes, helos, tanks, size)
  • Basrah Nights (DC_Final) Capture the Flag (Infantry)
  • Basrah's Edge (DesertCombat) Conquest (Light helo, light tank)
  • Al Khafki Docks (DC_Final) Capture the Flag (Infantry)
  • Bocage Day 2 (DesertCombat) Conquest (Helos, tanks)
  • Omaha Beach (DC_Final) Capture the Flag (Light helo)
  • Urban Siege (DesertCombat) Conquest (1 plane, light helo, tanks, size)
  • Lost Village (DC_Final) Capture the Flag (Light helo)
  • Gazala (DesertCombat) Conquest (Planes, helos, tanks, size)
When an admin is on, please don't hesitate to at least request other maps, and we'll do our best to accommodate within whatever grunts or groans come from the rest of the players. Additional large maps like No Fly Zone are too much to leave in the rotation full time, but the server map rotation is not intended to be "what are the only maps we will be stuck playing."

-Trench
Hav3n
United States of America

Post by Hav3n »

Looks like a great rotation. Thanks guys.
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Post by Sarge 1/68th Armor »

Im already having El Al withdrawals.

'Silver Lions" 1st Battalion, 68th Armor Regiment, 8th Infantry Division/
SFC. TANK CDR. M1A1....HUA!

With Great Speed
fromage

Post by fromage »

Hav3n wrote:Looks like a great rotation. Thanks guys.
+1 I've said it in the game, but I'll say it here too: Thanks for the update!
pistol

Post by pistol »

When I see Al Nas, Nights, Lost Village, or Valley, I jump on as fast as I can. Al Nas especially. It rules.

Otherwise, I go to another game until one of those comes up.

keep up the good work boys. Just the die-hards remain.
zanshin1

Post by zanshin1 »

True die hards play all maps.......................
fromage

Post by fromage »

Just a little feedback on the new reverse Omaha CTF. Haven's already mentioned how it becomes a helo standoff. As a result, you get people just flying around for long periods of time when there isn't a stinger/grail kit. Removing the helos would bring it back to an actual battle, like other CTFs. If the helo's can't be modded out of Omaha, I'd like to suggest swapping that map for bridge.

So far, the new rotation rocks and seems to keep people around longer.
jolly_giada
Admin
Admin

Post by jolly_giada »

Agreed with the above, the new map rotation is excellent, a significant improvement. Nicely done!

I agree with @fromage's comment above re: Omaha CTF. The novelty is cool, but it ends up turning into a heli standoff. I think DC Bridge CTF might be a better option as well.

It's really fun to every once in a while play a novelty map. For example, while Invasion of the Philippines, DC Oil Fields, DC Cornered, etc., are only fun every once in a while, it still would be great to play them every once in a while. Instituting map vote may be too drastic. Instead, can we have "map nights," where on certain days of the week we play an uncommon map like Phillies or Oil Fields?

Also, certain maps are markedly better in DC Final than in vanilla DC. The vehicle mechanics on DC Basrahs Edge in particular are *far* better in DCF than in DC. Can we switch Basrahs Edge to DCF?

Last comment: we are the bastion of Desert Combat, the last remaining users. We have to be really careful to keep the server populated, lest we start hemorrhaging users irreplaceably. As a result, I strongly feel that we should move Bocage Day 2 and Gazala from rotation to novelty map category. They are great maps for sure. However, from a purely pragmatic perspective, they seem to always halve the number of people on the server. I think it would be best if they were to be removed from the rotation and played on the "map night" category mentioned above.

Anyway I'm open to differing opinions and other comments. Let me know!

-Always Jolly Mario
Doc
United States of America

Post by Doc »

I leave on Omaha and Urban Siege and Inshallah Valley. I think we could bring back El Alamein instead.Too many infantry maps for me personally.
Scrivener07

Post by Scrivener07 »

Dont mess with Inshallah
pistol

Post by pistol »

Agree with the comments about Omaha. I leave the server the second I see that. The helo thing and the whole map itself seem kind of stupid to me.
Replacing that with Bridge CTF would be huge I think.

Insahallah is fun, so I'd say keep it.

Berlin has been an absolute blast recently. :D

Everyone needs to keep this in mind (from above post):

"we are the last bastion of Desert Combat, the last remaining users. We have to be really careful to keep the server populated, lest we start hemorrhaging users irreplaceably."