No votes

Total votes: 3

Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Re: Server Map Rotation

Post by Nightstalker »

Will do .. give us a minute .. I think we are gonna need to do some fixin' ;)
God bless the past and present men and women in uniform.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
fluffy

Post by fluffy »

coolio....Thanks
hoppin bob
United States of America

Post by hoppin bob »

Probably will irk a couple players by pointing this out but bridge seems to clear the server faster than tucks farts. Just my .02. It's not a bad map IMO, it just seems there could be 29 people playing, bridge starts up and poof were instantly at twelve. Like I said, just my opinion.
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

... ^^^^ not irked at all .. PISSED!!!!!!!!! LOLOL .. Great map. If you are talking about tonight it was unfortunate as the server crashed just as it was loading. Lets see what everyone else says and then we can go from there. If the majority do not like it we may remove it from the rotation. .... sigh .......
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

Might be wrong, but I would wager the same group would have dropped for any ground-pounder map and not just specifically Bridge. There are indeed a lot of people who simply prefer equipment maps, so prime time on the sever is when we will most notice the drop when the next map doesn't provide that opportunity.

So I don't think the problem is specifically Bridge, and depending on the crowd that's on and whether they've already played long enough to "get their Desert Combat fix" you could have observed something similar if it had been Rigs, Stalingrad, etc., that came on next.

But of course Bridge is one of my more favorite maps despite the sniper infestation, and I'm totally biased. I'm still anxious to see what's around the corner when I try and leave the city on Bridge, but Fluffy snipes me every time. I'm assuming there is some kind of bridge out there.

-Trench
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

LMAO!!!!! .... too funny Trench. I have noticed how Fluffy's purr is more of a bark than say LowDogs. I have fell to my digital death many times to that feline. But in the words of Fluffy, "Aim for the face" and when you do like i did to split his mixture of 0's and 1's into, well, a different mixture of 0's and 1's I saw that bridge they spoke of and I have to tell you.... that ahole got a quick spawn time before I could make it across and messed up my 0's and 1's. So it is there, but is the grass greener on the other side? That is the question for Fluff.
Swanny-CG
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Swanny-CG »

I hate most infantry maps. I always left them in because YOU GUYS liked them. Turns out I was right all along ...
hoppin bob
United States of America

Post by hoppin bob »

Probably right trench. It's just the infantry maps in general. I'm one of those that enjoys the equipment maps. Maybe boon will mod me an A 10 on bridge. :D
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

Well, if its the group of folks who can't stand to play infantry maps, we also can't rule out that perhaps "Glee!" was about to start on TV and that's why they all dropped around the same time.

-Trench
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Yea... us real men would wait for American Idol to come on... right Sarge. :D
hoppin bob
United States of America

Post by hoppin bob »

Lmao!! I don't know about all that but the walking dead comes back Feb.10th.
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Post by Sarge 1/68th Armor »

Nightstalker wrote:Yea... us real men would wait for American Idol to come on... right Sarge. :D
Uh....Sarge who? :)
Death by Marriage I'd say.
And in reguards to Walking Dead. My damn 12 year old forced us ot watch season one and two last week. F me were hooked.

'Silver Lions" 1st Battalion, 68th Armor Regiment, 8th Infantry Division/
SFC. TANK CDR. M1A1....HUA!

With Great Speed
A FLYING COW
Canada

Post by A FLYING COW »

I dunno if this is the right spot to post but oh well.

Can we get some more flags captured at al nas before it ends? It lasts only 15 minutes and we're already up to five captures. That map is awesome!
BlaineBlitzer
United States of America

Post by BlaineBlitzer »

On Battle of the bulge i would like if the outpost in B6 could get a flag that can be captured with equipment from something different, like weapons from 1942 secret weapons. just a though but i really would like that outpost active....Pretty please :11: :32: :D
fromage

Post by fromage »

A FLYING COW wrote:I dunno if this is the right spot to post but oh well.

Can we get some more flags captured at al nas before it ends? It lasts only 15 minutes and we're already up to five captures. That map is awesome!
I second that.
fromage

Post by fromage »

BlaineBlitzer wrote:On Battle of the bulge i would like if the outpost in B6 could get a flag that can be captured with equipment from something different, like weapons from 1942 secret weapons. just a though but i really would like that outpost active....Pretty please :11: :32: :D
Ideally, I'd say get rid of this map altogether. Short of that, I like this idea. It also needs a carrier...
BlaineBlitzer
United States of America

Post by BlaineBlitzer »

Ok i have another gripe, on lost village can we get the hellos unlocked, because that's soooooo wrong opposing forces.
BlaineBlitzer
United States of America

Post by BlaineBlitzer »

and can we get wake island back in rotation
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

BlaineBlitzer wrote:Ok i have another gripe, on lost village can we get the hellos unlocked, because that's soooooo wrong opposing forces.

Yea that would be nice. I think most like the DCF version better *except* for the point you made. I have no idea how to do it though. I need to read up on modding. :30:
BlaineBlitzer wrote:and can we get wake island back in rotation
Maybe???

As of right now this is the rotation ( let us know if there is something that you (anyone) would like to see removed or added. We can always play the maps removed per request.

stalingrad
kharkov
iwo_jima
dc_lostvillage
guadalcanal
inshallah_valley
dc_basrahs_edge
battle_of_the_bulge
dc_weapon_bunkers
gazala
dc_bridge
el_alamein
dc_urban_siege
dc_twin_rivers
dc_sea_rigs
dc_dustbowl
dc_al_nas
dc_desertshield
bocage_day2
dc_oil_fields
dc_al_khafji_docks
stalingrad
fromage

Post by fromage »

Nightstalker wrote: ( let us know if there is something that you (anyone) would like to see removed or added. We can always play the maps removed per request.
Please remove
kharkov
battle_of_the_bulge
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

With the recent talks of map voting and such, please let us know what maps you would like to see removed/added. IMHO I think we need to remove alot of the big maps like Dustbowl, ,Battle of the Bulge and I would even go as for as saying El Al, Gazala, and Desertshield IF they were not heavy hitters and *generally* bring people to the server.

I say we keep the rotation with the smaller maps that keep people interested and not wondering around aimlessly on a big map *hoping* to see some action.

We can always throw in a big map anytime it requested or we have enough to keep the big map fun.

BTW my above post is still the current lineup.
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

Nightstalker wrote:IMHO I think we need to remove alot of the big maps...
I too enjoy the Bridges, Stalingrads, Lost Villages, etc. But there are definitely plenty who disconnect when there aren't any "equipment maps" coming up. Picking too much on the maps where there are planes and the space to use them will probably displease as many as it pleases.

I actually consider Dustbowl to be a "good size and balance" map. Unlike El Al where with low numbers you could play flag tag all day without seeing another player, in Dustbowl the flags are relatively close together and you have plenty of equipment to get there.

DesertShield just never feels fun for me; but I don't think there is anything particularly wrong with it. Of the "big maps" listed though, that's the only one I would say should go. The only good thing about DesertShield is that Bocage Day 2 is currently the next map after that.

If another one must go, between El Al and Gazala keep Gazala. The horseshoe can be played by a smaller group too, even though the map is larger and plays well with the full server too.

If I never saw Kharkov again, it would be proof there is a merciful and benevolent God.

I usually disconnect for Battle of the Bulge, even though there can be good fights there. The one-sided "can push one team completely off the map" just kind of mutes my interest.

If I never saw Guadalcanal again, it would be proof there is a merciful and benevolent God and he fawking rawks. Sixty minutes never passes so slowly as on Guadal, unless you're one of the fortunate people to get kicked for -5 even though you're not team killing anyone.

Maybe the list just needs to be not so "linear"? Make the smaller and/or more popular maps show up multiple times in the map order, instead of having to go completely through the order every time before they will show up again.

If there is any other completely subjective and useless for making your decision information I can provide, let me know.

-Trench
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

[quote='s Trench]Maybe the list just needs to be not so "linear"? Make the smaller and/or more popular maps show up multiple times in the map order, instead of having to go completely through the order every time before they will show up again.[/quote]

That's a thought, and I really like that idea. The only thing is, I do not believe it is possible. Each map (from what I know) can only be chosen once in the lineup. We could make the line up smaller with the majorities say Top 5 or 10 so the rotation is not so long between a map you may enjoy. I do not believe there is a way to make the rotation appealing for everyone so some sort of happy medium will need to be reached.

I guess a good way to start off would be what do yall want to see. Not really what do you not want to see but 5 maps you say NEED to be in the rotation. And then we can go from there and at least see if there is a trend. Or if yall would like we could all pick our favorite infantry,tank,plane, helo, and last but not least balanced maps then pick a rotation based on those selections.
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

Nightstalker wrote:That's a thought, and I really like that idea. The only thing is, I do not believe it is possible.
D'oh, that does sound familiar. Already blew away the server I used for testing PunkBuster issues or I'd try to play with that. The thing that looks kind of interesting on the Black Bag Ops server manager is the Import Maplist / Export Maplist. I wonder if even though the UI doesn't think to let you do it, a manually crafted maplist could still be created and imported which did list a map more than once.

-Trench
fromage

Post by fromage »

This new map rotation is horrid with easting, kursk, stalingrad. Just sayin'.