No votes

Total votes: 3

Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Re: Server Map Rotation

Post by Nightstalker »

FYI. Market Garden DCF causes the server to crash. So count that one out unless that issue was resolved.

Payne .. what is the difference between Kharkov day one and an 2 ??? I run day 1 alot as I love that map but have not run two.
God bless the past and present men and women in uniform.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
BoOn
Canada

Post by BoOn »

Also there was a issue with Operation Bragg that was mentioned.
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Oh and some have said they have had issues with Battleaxe but I have ran it multiple times and not had any issues.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
Swanny-CG
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Swanny-CG »

Bragg has exploding vehicles but we had patched it once upon a time.

The Battleaxe issue was on the DC version, I think the Final version runs fine.
toolman
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by toolman »

My personal experience from trying to run just about every map on the server over the last year year was this:

Market garden crashes server or just refuses to load up. this was true for 42, DC and final.

Battleaxe runs but gets REAL glitchy/buggy when you have more than a handful of people or if anyone uses/spots artillery. Typically it would just start kicking people every couple minutes through the length of the map.

Operation Bragg never worked for me. I tried to run it a few times because I've actually never seen it and it never worked.

I think that's about all I ever had problems with and some issues may have been resolved by the map guys.
professional driver. closed course. do not attempt.

BoOn
Canada

Post by BoOn »

I took a look at Operation Bragg and yes coalition has a bad bradley spawn that explodes, as far as it not running on the server I dont know as I was able to test it out and load it on my machine. When the server empties out late tonight I will try run it and see what its doing.

Battleaxe appears to only be on desert combat and not DCF. Not sure what would cause the lag thou.
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

I wish we could figure out what's wrong with Market Garden. When we ran it for 3 hours straight that day it was actually fun.
zanshin1

Post by zanshin1 »

Anything dcf is better than dc especially lost village, and market garden is a great map........run it. every 4th map run bocage day 2 (change it for red so they have apache all the time......i forgit which flag controls that) or el ala day3. And yes tht weapons bunker and omaha can go...
Derick Vinyard
United States of America

Post by Derick Vinyard »

FWIW, I also like the DCF maps more than the DC versions. I like Bocage D2 as well but I know some don't (have seen some complaints about it). I have missed the NFZ maps lately but I also know that they can clear out a server too. El Al D3 would be a cool addition/change. I <3 LV CTF and would be stoked to see it in the rotation!

Thanks for giving us the opportunity to help with the map rotation!
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Hey guys the rotation has been changed some. Let us know what you think. Here is a list in order of play

Gazala - DCF Lostvillage - Bocage Day2 - DCF Bridge - Battle of the Bulge - 73 Eastings - DCF Stalingrad - Oilfields - Basrahs Edge - Sea Rigs - Guadacanal - El Alamein - Battleaxe - DCF Liberation of Caen - Desertshield - Wake - DCF Dustbowl - Iwo Jima - Urban Siege - DCF Kharkov

Obviously more were added then taken away as I think Aberdeen and Twin Rivers were the only ones removed. Also we thought it would be best to separate Desertshield and El Al as they are the same style of map and didnt want those back to back. If there is something you see wrong and we can get the majority to agree on it let us know what you would like to see removed or added. ;)

I know alot of people are thinking BATTLEAXE .. are you serious. LOL ... well yes, please give it a try with an open mind. We have run it twice so far and both times it has been a blast. And just when you think you have it made you realize now you are the one trying to play catch up. Most have recieved that little map quite well with a couple not liking it. But then again I think that goes with every map.
kona
United States of America

Post by kona »

Bitchen'!
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

LOL .. glad you like it Kona .. now lets get in game.
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Everyone liking the rotation so far??? Bitches(no I am not addressing you Sarge), moans, complaints, request. So far I thought it has been going well. Yesterday in Stalingrad we had an agreement while running it yesterday to only use the armor as transport and not a weapon which I thought made the map alot more fun. Which leads me to wonder if we could mod those out or at least replace with humvees and BDRMs.

Battleaxe has still (to me at least) been one of the better additions. And from what I have noticed is enjoyed by most. There is some issues with camping being that it is a small map but all in all it moves along with no big issues.
Demonic
Australia

Post by Demonic »

any chance of adding the DC 7 version of LV in once in awhile ? maybe it could be modded slightly different to the current one, so theres 2 variations (just a thought)

most of the maps in rotation are fine with me........ a few people, including myself had suggested removing some vehicles on battleaxe, and have it more air and inf....but are there some maps that maybe need their ticket count changed, to reduce them just dragging on ?!
BROTHERS IN ARMS
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

I dont see why we cant run the DC version from time to time. Next time you see LV coming up hollar and we can switch back for that round.We were running the DC/LV but ran the DCF version a few times .. mainly CTF and many seemed to like the change of scenery. More elevation changes, the building in the hill along with the shrubs .. etc etc.

As for Battleaxe .. maybe take a few of the Bradleys and BMP's out. Other than that ... me personally .. I like it the way it is :) ... The thing is with the helos many times you will see one guy go up and try to be Rambo. That happened multiple times to the team I was on the other day and we got our butts whooped. Lets see if anyone else chimes in and we can go from there.
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Post by Sarge 1/68th Armor »

Nightstalker wrote:Everyone liking the rotation so far??? Bitches(no I am not addressing you Sarge), moans, complaints, request.
You love me ;)

'Silver Lions" 1st Battalion, 68th Armor Regiment, 8th Infantry Division/
SFC. TANK CDR. M1A1....HUA!

With Great Speed
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

LOL ;)
c0loNeL
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Canada

Post by c0loNeL »

Battleaxe has been removed as too many ppl are crashing on this map (including myself).
Payne N. Daiz

Post by Payne N. Daiz »

Nightstalker wrote:Everyone liking the rotation so far??? Bitches(no I am not addressing you Sarge), moans, complaints, request. So far I thought it has been going well. Yesterday in Stalingrad we had an agreement while running it yesterday to only use the armor as transport and not a weapon which I thought made the map alot more fun. Which leads me to wonder if we could mod those out or at least replace with humvees and BDRMs.

Battleaxe has still (to me at least) been one of the better additions. And from what I have noticed is enjoyed by most. There is some issues with camping being that it is a small map but all in all it moves along with no big issues.
Thanks for changing it up and adding Kharkov. I've only played it once but it was a fun competitive round.

I've also only played Battleaxe once, but my impression was that there is too much firepower for the size. I think Battleaxe as a pure infantry map would be interesting. How hard would it be to remove everything and make all flags capture-able? Even mains. I like the idea of one team being able to push the other team off the map.

Same with Stalingrad. Remove all the vehicles and neuter the ammo crates. I think it would be...better.

And while I'm offering my opinion :) why does Basrah's Edge still have the shilka? There's always a f*ktard camping blue main with it *cough* Wolf *cough*. How bout remove it and stingers and see what happens?

I realize it take someone with the skills and motivation to make map changes, but what I'm suggesting should be simple. Removing objects...mostly. Hey Demonic, are you done with your map yet? :)
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Colonel solved that Battleaxe problem already .. How you asked .. He removed it from the rotation because his computer sucks and will not allow him to run it with out crashing :lol:

I too do not like the shilka or any of the armor on Basrah but I think some feel the need to keep the shilka and stingers. One and I think is the most important reason is blue has helos. How else would red defend against those without some sort of AA/grail type of weapon. If you ask me just get rid of the armor but leave the stinger/grail. ;)

As for Stalingrad .. I second that motion.
BoOn
Canada

Post by BoOn »

Im actually contemplating starting a thread with a proposal to change certain things on certain maps where everyone can add there 2cents on what they would like to see changed that may improve gameplay or change it up. Now not all changes may be approved but from what I have seen the big guys are open minded to such ideas :)
c0loNeL
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Canada

Post by c0loNeL »

Nightstalker wrote:Colonel solved that Battleaxe problem already .. How you asked .. He removed it from the rotation because his computer sucks and will not allow him to run it with out crashing :lol:
Lmao... :lol: But it's weird that it'll run BF3 :o Yes, I said BF3 :D

Had alot of complaints about Battleaxe, and the last game I played, we lost half the ppl in about 5 mins from crashes.
Payne N. Daiz

Post by Payne N. Daiz »

Nightstalker wrote:Colonel solved that Battleaxe problem already .. How you asked .. He removed it from the rotation because his computer sucks and will not allow him to run it with out crashing :lol:

I too do not like the shilka or any of the armor on Basrah but I think some feel the need to keep the shilka and stingers. One and I think is the most important reason is blue has helos. How else would red defend against those without some sort of AA/grail type of weapon. If you ask me just get rid of the armor but leave the stinger/grail. ;)
I'd be for removing all the armor...I was thinking of changing up the gameplay a bit though. Maybe remove the little bird and add a vanilla blackhawk to go with the gunship. And make it no para. RPG practice anyone? But I'd be happy with no armor too. Actually, I'm happy to just have a place to play.
BoOn wrote:Im actually contemplating starting a thread with a proposal to change certain things on certain maps where everyone can add there 2cents on what they would like to see changed that may improve gameplay or change it up. Now not all changes may be approved but from what I have seen the big guys are open minded to such ideas :)
Be sure to recruit a modder 1st. And ask the big guys if they would allow us a CTF map :D
c0loNeL wrote:Lmao... :lol: But it's weird that it'll run BF3 :o Yes, I said BF3 :D

Had alot of complaints about Battleaxe, and the last game I played, we lost half the ppl in about 5 mins from crashes.
It's because you're a kernal...and that you're canadian. :P

Multi-quote FTW
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Payne .. did you not know that Boon has a Masters in Modding ???
Payne N. Daiz

Post by Payne N. Daiz »

Nightstalker wrote:Payne .. did you not know that Boon has a Masters in Modding ???
I knew that he had an AA in Semordnilaps. google fu!