TEAMSWITCHING

Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

TEAMSWITCHING

Post by Nightstalker »

yes .. it sucks and VERY annoying
God bless the past and present men and women in uniform.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
MOJORyder
United States of America

Re: TEAMSWITCHING

Post by MOJORyder »

well just TK anyone you see doing it. It will quickly become a problem of your past! :P
What makes America great? Guns and Liquor. Be sure to save a round for Obama.
BoOn
Canada

Post by BoOn »

I agree, but it sucks even more in the middle of a match than at the begining of one
swodi
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by swodi »

yeah - we did ts to start off omaha on the blue (3 or 4 of us) - but it was at the very start and usually it's a major shift the other way - where everyone changes to the red at omaha because it's hard hard fight for blue.... but we did all agree to start on blue and shut the red team down... and I would be upset to NS - cuz we did put the smack down on you red fellas...

but we waited till it was even teams (red had +1 actually) when we took the top...

sorry! :P
Southern Cross
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Japan

Post by Southern Cross »

yeah ...it sucks... should be prohibit
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

LOL .. Its not the losing or the smack down we took... I can take the beating and laugh about it ... Just ask Boon LOL. And let me preface this by saying none of this is a bitch towards you Swodi it is just me venting. It irritates the shit outta me to join, be on the team I would prefer NOT to be on just to look and see that SOOO MANY people swapped and now we are 3 to 1. On Omaha that REALLY F's up the flow of the game. No matter which side is stacked. In all reality it screws up any map. I have seen Inshallah Valley be over within 2 minutes because of the stacking/switching. Along with that, people with slow computers like myself and many others that cant afford new stuff get F'd. My thoughts are that this game is suppose to be fun for all. Both sides blue and red are available for all UNTIL people start switching. I would love to be able to get the A10 with clusters or the Apache on Bocage. 75% of the time at best I am on the other side. Hell I would just like to be in the AC130 on El Al but normally I am trying to rush to get to the SA3 on red. To me teamswitching is selfish. Learn to use any of the weapons vehicles and play where the SERVER PUTS YOU. As for switching because people are on TS .... That really gives an unfair advantage to the other team. I KNOW people have been banned for that as it IS teamstacking. Like I told Swodi .this is not directed ..... well I cant say its not directed towards certain individuals because it is. I will say if this seems to hurt your feelings or you dont like it because I hit a nerve than you are probably the one that I am talking to. To be fair to ALL!!!!... NO ONE should teamswitch. IMHO
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
Rally Monkey

Post by Rally Monkey »

meh...
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Wow ... I am glad you took the time to respond :roll:
Rally Monkey

Post by Rally Monkey »

meh... to the power of 2 (squared)
swodi
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by swodi »

I guess I just don't care enough about winning or losing to care which side has better stuff or specific weapons... the 'new' or 'fun' or 'special' weapons idea wore off many years ago - enough that I wouldn't bother ts'ing because of it... Really - the only parts that get's me is when I get ts'd towards the end for teambalance - usually because people are jumping on the winning team - which again, I don't care enough to switch to a winning team - and when I get ts'd it doesn't matter if my team was winning or losing - it's just the idea that I fought for those guys, and now at the end I'm shooting at them... :/ lol

but like I said earlier - this was at omaha where usually everyone wants to be red - so it was odd that they all jumped on blue... but it did even out as quick at the first few people died and had a chance (or got) ts'd...

with all that said - the main driving factor is to be on the opposite team as you to make sure I can have some easy kills in the round :D
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Post by Sarge 1/68th Armor »

I just loot the dead bodies for cash.

'Silver Lions" 1st Battalion, 68th Armor Regiment, 8th Infantry Division/
SFC. TANK CDR. M1A1....HUA!

With Great Speed
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

LMAO Swodi ... I like shooting you too. It is something that irritates the piss outta me and many others that play fair and let the game play out as the server sees it. I am with ya on the not caring which side. I would prefer the apaxhe over the hind or the shilka over the vulcan. I am not good enough in the tanks for it to matter which side and HELL yea I would rather have the A10 with cluster ... what guy that likes to bomb wouldn't. BUT I find it EXTREMELY selfish to the fellow players to switch. That is me and in your defense that is the first time I have known you to switch but I didn't catch or I would have said something lololl
MOJORyder
United States of America

Post by MOJORyder »

AIDS wrote:Getting teamswitched because others jump for being on the loosing side. >.<
ya um, Kev..this isn't about going gay....
What makes America great? Guns and Liquor. Be sure to save a round for Obama.
Pathfinder
United States of America

Post by Pathfinder »

Rally Monkey wrote:meh... to the power of 2 (squared)
well said, Rally....well spoken..;-)

Agreed. Yep, is selfish...mostly.

Glad there's no rule against it, though. ;-)
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Tesmswitching, no there is not BUT stacking yes and in order to stack you must switch. ;)

Oh and Rally's 1 cent worth .... all I heard was.... EEeeee eee ooo ooo banana.

I will give you credit though Path ... at least you are able to admit that it is selfish.
Pathfinder
United States of America

Post by Pathfinder »

so, why not be a little selfish every now and then?. [quote I would love to be able to get the A10 with clusters or the Apache on Bocage. 75% of the time at best I am on the other side. ][/quote]. WTF? go for it! If you see that you've "stacked", then switch back!

To me, playing is about having fun...respect is about switching back when asked, or noticing you've thrown the sides off and just doing it yourself. But,for you..it's more.."I play where I get put". I appreciate someone that stands up for their beliefs, even when I don't agree with them. Play it your way, dude..we'll love you the same and kill you the same regardless.. ;-)

The rules are here to foster the enjoyment of all..why deny yourself a little "reward"...every now and then...if it ISN'T against the rules?
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

I have fun either way no matter what team I am on. Me saying that I would prefer one type of weapon over another doesn't mean I can't have fun in the opposing team's same type of weapon (bomber, sniper, tank, etc)

Why else don't I switch ... I KNOW for a fact that there are MANY that do and feel the same as me about switching. And if I decided to be selfish and switch I could take away their chance to get that weaponry. As an admin we are here to make sure the gameplay is FAIR and FUN for ALL .... NOT the one or two that like a specific weapon or prefer to play on a specific team. Which as players everyone should understand and we agree that it is" selfish". The" One" rule in this server is respect each other ... are you saying that being selfish would fall under the respecting your fellow players rule?????
Rally Monkey

Post by Rally Monkey »

Pathfinder wrote:
Rally Monkey wrote:meh... to the power of 2 (squared)
well said, Rally....well spoken..;-)
Agreed. Yep, is selfish...mostly.
Glad there's no rule against it, though. ;-)
pfft... I don't stack but I do switch at the beginning of round.

Usually because the team I was on last round just doesn't get it (doesn't matter if they win, but if they are working as a team). They don't work as a team (and it is pretty evident who the team players are), then I dun play with them. That's it, end of story.
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Rally Monkey wrote: Usually because the team I was on last round just doesn't get it (doesn't matter if they win, but if they are working as a team). They don't work as a team (and it is pretty evident who the team players are), then I dun play with them. That's it, end of story.

I am sorry and I am sure everyone will agree ... that makes NO sence ... the team you played with last round will not be the same team on the next one.
Pathfinder
United States of America

Post by Pathfinder »

"are you saying that being selfish would fall under the respecting your fellow players rule?????"

no..I'm saying I can be selfish, but I have enough respect for others on the server to switch back when asked..I'm with Rally here..my #1 reason for switching is usually being on a team that doesn't try to win. If I'm the ONLY one in a ten-man roster that's getting flags, I will want out.. Sometimes, though, it's because last time I played the map I was on the other side (sometimes, last three or more times) and I just want a change..two different "reasons", and two different switch times...leaving the sucky team in the middle of the game vs. swapping at the start.

As I''ve mentioned in other threads..sometimes I even switch to the side that's losing because they're putting up a good fight, and it adds to the gameplay excitement (IMHO) to go help them out...

So, yes, being selfish and swapping teams can, at a surface level, be contrary to respecting fellow players (it clearly riles some regardless of reason), but it doesn't mean I don't..;-). And, again, I respect your viewpoint here. I also agree that swapping to increase TS players IS stacking...have been guilty of this myself, and kicked for it..it remains a balance of selfish enjoyment vs. all-player enjoyment..and thankfully we have reasonable admins...that haven't permanently banned me yet.. ;-)
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

LMAO .. I dont know what to say on this one because you got me laughing on a couple of things. Let me start by saying I enjoy playing on the same team as you as you do have the teamplayer mentality. Yet somehow you manage to be on the top of the leader board on a regular basis. Which I guess is kudos to you for being able to do both. And I also get it that is sucks to be on the beach on Omaha and getting annihilated because you are one of the few charging the hill while the majority of the guys sit back with the sniper rifles padding their score. BUT part of teamplaying also is firing those guys up to get their asses off the beach and help. Anywho ... that is derailing from the actual topic. Your scenerio of switching mid map and Rally's are two different things. Yours at least makes a little more sence as you are talking about your CURRENT teammates. Yet both are still selfish which to me would be disrespectful towards the other players which in turn breaks the "One" rule. If you switch mid map say from blue to red on Omaha .. all you are going to do is cause one of the red guys to go blue in your spot. Now, what if that red guy had been the one defending the few that charge the hill. Now he has to reverse roles because lets say you chose to swap???? So now he wants to swap back and he does.(Which we all can understand why someone would want to) And now lets say I see him switch back to red and also that it put the teams off balance ... I call him out and now we get into a discussion. He tells me he was autoswitched and he has been red the whole map and would prefer to stick it out red. This takes away from his gameplay .. My gameplay and disrupts the entire field who may be using the chat for teamplay purposes because now someone says "Hey PLAYER X was on blue just a second ago he switched to red" And now the discussion starts with him to try and sort this out. So now all this because someone didnt like something on their team and switched. That scenerio has happened so that is why I call BS. ... And I want you to know that I am not calling you out Path, I am just asking everyone that thinks is great to teamswitch to put yourself in the shoes of the guy that you caused to get autoswitched or the admin that has to sit and figure this BS out instead of playing ... Path... You did get caught .. took it like a man and went about your business so I commend you for that. But I am sure you can see the big picture when it comes to the reasons why it sucks when people switch. And like I said .. I enjoy playing on the same side as you and prefer to play on the same especially if we are on an infantry map but only if that is where I am put.

I will give you the ONE reason I can see someone swapping ..... Autobalance doesnt kick in till the teams are off by 3 .... If you notice they are off by 2 and say "hey teams are off I am going to the other side" .... THAT is the ONE reason I can see switching but anything other than that .... I am throwing up the BS flag. Image ;) :)
Rally Monkey

Post by Rally Monkey »

Nightstalker wrote:
Rally Monkey wrote: Usually because the team I was on last round just doesn't get it (doesn't matter if they win, but if they are working as a team). They don't work as a team (and it is pretty evident who the team players are), then I dun play with them. That's it, end of story.
I am sorry and I am sure everyone will agree ... that makes NO sence ... the team you played with last round will not be the same team on the next one.

LOL it make obvious sense. OF course we ALL know that all players are NOT on the same team every round. BUT we've played enough to know WHO the team players are and who the selfish players are. So when I am on a team and it seems that only 2 or 3 other players are actually trying to win, the next round if a significant number of players who are NOT playing hard to win (point whores etc.) are on my team I will switch at the beginning of the round. Sheesh did I REALLY have to spell it out for you?
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Yes you did ... still selfish which I guess I will have to ask you .... do you think it is respectful to the other players to be selfish and teamswitch? Or do you even find it selfish? I say your reasoning is still not a good enough answer to honestly say it eliminates all doubt that its a good reason to switch. Just because one map someone snipes the whole map does not mean they will do the same on the following map. I agree there are some people that do NOTHING more than pad their score and I will agree that crap is irritating when you are greying flags and they never come to help cap it. Then the game ends we lose, we actually got our asses stomped and that person still gets the gold ... I GET IT I promise. It SUCKS but to be fair to all it doesn't make it right to switch because there may come a time where you get switched to" that" guys teams because someone swapped at the beginning because he doesn't like playing with" that" guy either. .... don't make me pull my BS flag out again LOL

Bottom line I am just looking to be fair to ALL. And to only way I see that to be possible is to.... what's that Path ... you got it ... Play where the server puts you. ;) ....I know Path loves that comment.
BoOn
Canada

Post by BoOn »

I have only ever heard one person say there gonna team switch because the other team needed help, that was bRiNk and I understood that they really did need the help as our team was kicking ass. Other than the very few fellas that switch with honest intentions the rest are for selfish reasons no matter how much you try to sugar coat it.
Grizzly
United States of America

Post by Grizzly »

And just to reiterate, all of you people that switch at the beginning of the map can KISS MY ASS. I watch and see who does it and I promise I will eventually get the chance to camp the SHIT out of you on some map, i.e. shilka on BOTB, A-10 on Wake or whatever it might be. I will show no mercy for some selfish asshole that switches just for the apache rather than the hind or A-10 w/ clusters. You try to take the fun out of my game and I will damn sure try to take it out of yours! I'm pissy and I like cotton candy ice cream. Thank you for your time!
HI! I love you!