Opp spawn Chpr

Payne N. Daiz

Opp spawn Chpr

Post by Payne N. Daiz »

Does anyone else think that it blows that the opposition gets a spawn chopper on Guadacanal and Desert Shield?

Last night on Guad we beat red in every way...except the final score. F-ing paratroopers...

It was a good fun game though ;)
MOJORyder
United States of America

Re: Opp spawn Chpr

Post by MOJORyder »

I think a sea king should be available for blue when the red spawn helo is around... but for the most part, it still seems balanced...

...I mean, red doesn't get guided missiles or carriers..

What I'd LOVE to see though is more realistic campaigns. Blue gets uber armor (a fact: an Abrams has never been lost in combat)..but the "red" gets a 4 or 5 to 1 ratio in man power.
Now, if we can only figure out how to get civilians into the mix that give your a -neg TK point for killing them....the red would stand a decent chance by having uniforms based on the civilian AI's running around making it difficult to discern them from enemy....eesh...
What makes America great? Guns and Liquor. Be sure to save a round for Obama.
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

LOL.... Johnny get to work ... that sounds AWSOME
God bless the past and present men and women in uniform.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
BoOn
Canada

Post by BoOn »

Payne N. Daiz wrote:Last night on Guad we beat red in every way...except the final score.
Then you didnt beat red in everyway then ;) , Yes we got bent really bad lastnight from the planes as we had no pilots. I was actually the one flyin the spawn helo most the round and it goes to show how powerful of a tool it can be against overwhelming air supreriority. I mentioned in a similar thread before that it rarely gets used on guadal due to the fact that no one likes flyin it, it makes you deaf when you flyin it longer than a minute and most dont have the attention span to fly it so in the end 95% of the time its not used. I would hate to see it go from that map as MOJO mentioned that blue has 2 cruise tomahawk ships and the spawn helo balances it out nicely.
MOJORyder wrote:4 or 5 to 1 ratio in man power.
This happens atleast a few times daily when admins aint around lol
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Plz refer to the teamswitching thread
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
BoOn
Canada

Post by BoOn »

Nightstalker wrote:Plz refer to the teamswitching thread
Just take a deep breath and let it go bud lol
Swanny-CG
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Swanny-CG »

MOJORyder wrote: Now, if we can only figure out how to get civilians into the mix that give your a -neg TK point for killing them....the red would stand a decent chance by having uniforms based on the civilian AI's running around making it difficult to discern them from enemy....eesh...
Something for BF2 did that, I think it was the Project Reality mod.

You could go in as U.S. Soldier, Insurgent or Civilian. As civilian, you could throw rocks and generally impede the progress of the soldiers.

If you were a soldier and killed a civilian, it added a minute to your spawn time.

People figured out they could go in as civs, climbs signs and poles and jump onto passing trucks at chokepoints, thereby adding spawn time to the people in the vehicle.

The first time I joined up I knew none of this. I found a freeway sign with about 8 guys on top, waiting for a truck to drive under. We stopped, and I was on the mounted .50.

I wiped them all out, left to right. People started LOLing and I didn't know why. Then they told me. When I died, I had about a 12 minute spawn time...
MOJORyder
United States of America

Post by MOJORyder »

ROFL!
What makes America great? Guns and Liquor. Be sure to save a round for Obama.
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Omg hahhahaha they should have awarded you Swanny for killing future suicide bombers :lol:
opus
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Denmark

Post by opus »

Naa, its fine as it is. As Johnny said;
...it rarely gets used on guadal due to the fact that no one likes flyin it, it makes you deaf when you flyin it longer than a minute and most dont have the attention span to fly it so in the end 95% of the time its not used.
It can be deadly and very effective, if used the right way. However it's barely used on regular games, so just leave it be. lol

-opie
! --- T E A M W O R K - M A K E S - M E - H O R N Y -- !
~~~ A Good Soldier Obeys Without Question, A Good Officer Commands Without Doubt! ~~~
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

That is a BADA$$ signature.