Is this a glitch on your server...?

fluffy

Is this a glitch on your server...?

Post by fluffy »

I have done this lots and lots of times and have never been told it was a glitch till tonight...Just want to know if it is...Shooting from behind this wall...

Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Re: Is this a glitch on your server...?

Post by Nightstalker »

Who said it was a glitch?
God bless the past and present men and women in uniform.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
Pinhead
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Pinhead »

i think it is because u cannot see him any were and yet u get shot and killed by it. Be looking all over the place and nothing there but yet u die from shoots. just my opinion
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Pin you are saying the rocket launcher is not even visible? And that the rockets are technically going through the wall? Can he not be killed say by the M1A that you see in the distance? I would like to see what it looks like from the other side of the wall. As of right now I am going with no glitch though. As long as he has the rockets sticking over the wall ... My .02 ... We will look into this though and give you a definitive answer though fluffy .. thanks for asking ;)
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
Beaver
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Great Britain

Post by Beaver »

The rocket launchers are not visible from the otherside Nighty,
c0loNeL
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Canada

Post by c0loNeL »

Not a glitch. The rockets have always been able to fire over the wall as the rocket launcher sits high enough. It's like shooting from behind the wall on DC Bridge while kneeling. What the 3rd person view sees and what you see in 1st person being different. If we called this a glitch, we'd have to call a whole lot of things glitches just because of the 1st/3rd person view. My .02
one pump
Canada

Post by one pump »

Then my appologies to fluffy but kev saw me doing it and busted my ass saying it is a glitch because the missles come thru the wall just like when you park a tank beside the wall and shoot thru it from changing your view. So it got into a heated disscussion abought it and since hes left his posts are gone but we had this out and in the end it was called a glitch because now we have everyone parking beside the walls and shooting thru them and they all say the same thing well if your on the hill you can see me but get beside the wall you can't so i can kill you but you cant kill me so your glitching next time you do it your getting a vacation. So i asked fluffy not to do it because i was told by Kev (admin) at the time it is a glitch.I realize if im on a hill i can see him but if im the same level as him you can't but he can by changing his view and then he can pound away.So if its not a glitch then have at it again my appologies. :? Pump
Beaver
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Great Britain

Post by Beaver »

It shoots over the wall...

and

Parking a tank next to a wall and shooting threw it, is a glitch
one pump
Canada

Post by one pump »

lol i no this,but i was in what he was in when i got busted witch started this whole thing. I to was like but its over the wall and i was told then no its not it only looks like it when your sitting in it come to the other side of the wall and look you can,t see it. so i did i could'nt there for i backed down and well im on fluffy side but was called out for glitching so if the rule is its ok then like i said have at it. 8-) Pump
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Beaver wrote:It shoots over the wall...

and

What are you talking about ... If it (the Spandrel) shoots over the wall because the rocket launchers are above the wall then how can you say its a glitch. He is not talking about a tank???????

Go back to managing to keep the BF3 server going :lol: :P :P
Beaver
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Great Britain

Post by Beaver »

Nightstalker wrote:
Beaver wrote:It shoots over the wall...

and

What are you talking about ... If it (the Spandrel) shoots over the wall because the rocket launchers are above the wall then how can you say its a glitch. He is not talking about a tank???????

Go back to managing to keep the BF3 server going :lol: :P :P
He mentioned a tank going up to the wall a shooting threw it noobcake!
one pump
Canada

Post by one pump »

tapps foot and wating on beaver's next post :roll: lol we both went to the server and he couldn't kill me from the other side of the wall and so now i think he's getting the just of it.Its was put to me at the end of the day like this,pump its teq not glitching but its cheap like c4ing the flag so plz don't and at the end of the day i droped it and said no problem so i didn't do it again.With that said id like a final ruling so i may proceed further. If hes clean to do it then fire away i always thought i was.Seya on the battle field fluffy. 8-) pump
S.O.S
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by S.O.S »

Technically it's not a glitch. But due to the fact the person in the Spandrel can shoot and kill while his enemy at the other side of the wall can't even see him let alone kill him, it's an unfair advantage. So we (the "old" admins) used to consider it a glitch. The player will be warned and eventually kicked if he continues doing it, but we have yet to ban anyone for that.

SOS
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Beaver wrote:He mentioned a tank going up to the wall a shooting threw it noobcake!

:lol: :lol: .... ummmm :oops: .. I completely missed the tank comment :oops: ... Sry :(
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

I just went in game while 73 was playing. The rocket tubes are not above the wall. I tried to see the tubes from the other side and was unable and I KNEW where to look. So as I said earlier if they were visible, no harm no foul but being that you can not see them. I would have to say its no good. Here is a screenshot looking eye level with the rocket tubes and you can clearly see they are NOT above the top of the wall.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
c0loNeL
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Canada

Post by c0loNeL »

Don't know what to say... I've never banned or kicked for this as you can take it out if you go up on the hill, to where you can see it. Cheap, yes... glitch, no My .02
But tanks shooting thru walls=glitch=kick
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

I have no idea now .. Two skilled guys, Colonel and SOS are saying yes it can, no it can not, as to whether it can be taken out.I know of only one way to get a final answer.

SWANNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let him make the final verdict.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

NO WAIT .. better idea. LADIIEEEESSSS AND GENTLEMAN ..... its The Showdown at 73.

.In this corner we have SOS in the undestroyable Spandrel
800px-Romanian_9P148_Konkurs_cropped.jpg

vs Colonel in the take no prisoners M1A
imagesCA16FL8J.jpg
.... LIVE 1900 hrs. Winner claims rights to glitch or no glitch. LETS GET READY TO RUMMMBBBBBLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Grizzly
United States of America

Post by Grizzly »

I say glitch! You would have no idea where this thing is on the other side of the wall if you were in a tank. I've been shot at numerous times by people using this to their advantage and in my $.02 it's a cheap ass move. And the person using it KNOWS wtf they are doing by using it up against the inside of the wall. :roll:
HI! I love you!
Swanny-CG
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Swanny-CG »

Who said anything about taking it out?

One guy with c4 can get rid of it.

It's cheap but we've never called it a glitch (unlike sticking the T72 or M1 turret through the wall to shoot).
kona
United States of America

Post by kona »

Is it impossible to kill the BRDM from the outside in this situation?
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Kona .. Colonel said yes you can kill it from the hill.

Swanny .. Your question "Who said anything about taking it out?" Are you thinking someone meant modding it out?? The only pepople I saw that said anything about taking it out was Colonel and myself and we meant "take it out" as killing it. I don't know if that was my misunderstanding of your question or you misunderstanding one of our ways of using the term"take it out" ;)
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Post by Sarge 1/68th Armor »

My money is one the MBT...don't know why 8-)

'Silver Lions" 1st Battalion, 68th Armor Regiment, 8th Infantry Division/
SFC. TANK CDR. M1A1....HUA!

With Great Speed
zanshin1

Post by zanshin1 »

From nightstalkers attachment its only a glitch if he shoots lower than the hill line. go park the thing next to wall and see if missles go through wall. if they do then its glitch, keep the shots high....:).....lob a smaw at it and that takes care of it. lotsa things can be done to "take it out" ....personally I say drop helo on it....funny tht way..
swodi
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by swodi »

I just never did a ton of tanking or spandreling to compare or know a ton of the little differences in positions over or through that wall between the two of them - but I know I watched several times admins warn folks for firing from behind that wall - as it was a glitch - and I (obviously I was wrong as it seems at best, some considered the spandrel legit, and the tank obviously not ever legit) I always just considered both of them unfair firing behind (thinking back, maybe the admins were just warning the tankers behind the wall and I just didn't notice the difference from the spandrel) the wall and probably even caused a bit of havok if I saw my team firing from behind it trying to get them to stop...

Cheap or unfair - and 'glitch' in my book aren't that far apart... I say glitch/bug that the barrel goes THROUGH the wall then bullets being fired back can't come back through the wall - with both vehicles...

my .02 ;)
BoOn
Canada

Post by BoOn »

I think NS should make a big batch of beer and invite us all over to get wrecked with him :D