Hogging team resources

Pathfinder
United States of America

Hogging team resources

Post by Pathfinder »

All,

There's been what I consider a disturbing trend by some players to "confiscate" team resources for "personal" use that I have found disturbing, and I wanted to bring it up for discussion.

Specifically, some players (Cro Cop, Fluffy kitten, some others) have taken to grabbing the Blackhawks in Lost Village, and using them for single-handed gun platforms. While they have a blast flying around and miraculously killing everyone while switching from pilot to gunner and shooting while the helo falls, the issue here is that these helos are the MAIN way to ferry troops to the battle zone. To me, this is a COMPLETELY SELFISH act, and one that I find disruptive when playing Blue on that map.

I would say that the easiest way to end that would be to change the helos to medics...

Am I the only one here that has a problem with this behavior?

Pathfinder - Cary
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Re: Hogging team resources

Post by Nightstalker »

Are they able to live that long that you are without a helo? (aside from the little bird)

When Fluff is on he is normally on the ground so I have not seen this type of behavior. Not saying it does not happen just that I have not witnessed it. I do not see an issue swapping those out for med helos. Maybe give blue the AH6 for some type of offensive helo???

You know what I find selfish .... :o .. nevermind ... different topic LOLOL :P :P :P :P ;) :)
God bless the past and present men and women in uniform.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
Pathfinder
United States of America

Post by Pathfinder »

Live long? Fluffy? He's one of the hardest-to-kill bastards there are! (said lovingly, Fluffy! ;-). We're stuck with these guys that have orders-of-magnitude-faster-computers, folks like Fluffy, flea, SC, etc. that can literally walk through a group of people and flame them all without being touched. That's hard enough to deal with, but these guys (and, only them...they never seem to miss...while anyone else can't hit shit from a Blackhawk) now have found a "new toy" in the Blackhawk, and will fly around for several minutes because it's REALLY HARD to shoot these guys down. In the meantime, Blue has to twiddle thumbs waiting on a new helo. This is not specific to Lost Village, only the place where this behavior is most damaging to team play.

Some of these guys don't seem to care much for team play, or pay attention to the effects of their actions.
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Post by Sarge 1/68th Armor »

I find that problem on DC and BF3. nobody waits to load up for a gunner or troops. they should be shot on sight.
Friggin dick weasels I say.

'Silver Lions" 1st Battalion, 68th Armor Regiment, 8th Infantry Division/
SFC. TANK CDR. M1A1....HUA!

With Great Speed
fluffy

Post by fluffy »

Pathfinder wrote:Live long? Fluffy? He's one of the hardest-to-kill bastards there are! (said lovingly, Fluffy! ;-). We're stuck with these guys that have orders-of-magnitude-faster-computers, folks like Fluffy, flea, SC, etc. that can literally walk through a group of people and flame them all without being touched. That's hard enough to deal with, but these guys (and, only them...they never seem to miss...while anyone else can't hit shit from a Blackhawk) now have found a "new toy" in the Blackhawk, and will fly around for several minutes because it's REALLY HARD to shoot these guys down. In the meantime, Blue has to twiddle thumbs waiting on a new helo. This is not specific to Lost Village, only the place where this behavior is most damaging to team play.

Some of these guys don't seem to care much for team play, or pay attention to the effects of their actions.

Its all good lol...But seriously I built my PC right before BF2 came out..So its not exactly fast anymore lol..

I only do the blackhawk thing mainly when blue has some flags..I wont just take off by myself if blue has not flags and need a ride... 8-)
Pathfinder
United States of America

Post by Pathfinder »

Thanks, Fluffy! Do what you want if Blue has several flags...otherwise, we need your help more on the ground.. ;-)

Nothing makes me want to switch teams more than when 10 min into the game I''m the only one capping flags. It makes my efforts feel totally useless.

Path - Cary
RickPetko
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by RickPetko »

Same old stuff still going on eh ? LOL
Ban them all I say !!!!!!! ARGGGGHHHHHH !!!
:D
zanshin1

Post by zanshin1 »

lmao......no bans.....no kicks.......keep up the good work fluffy, ill walk.

those blackhawks are the best to rpg!......I say spawn them more often...that way they get in rpg range quicker....:)

is that AH6 the apache? I really think your onto something there nightstalker!!!!!!!
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Lolol ... No the AH6 is the little bird with guns.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
bRiNK
United States of America

Post by bRiNK »

I think LV should be kept close to stock. Mods like adding the AH6 (which is deadly than the Blackhawk IMO) changes the gameplay. If anything on LV needs to be fixed then it's the ticket bleed when Blue has 3 or more flags. Opp bleeds out at about 3 tickets per second while blue bleeds at the standard rate. A good blue team can end that game in 5-7 minutes.

It's funny that Path mentions Flea and SC being hard to kill when Path has one of the lowest pings in the server and they both have pings of over 150+ lol. :31:
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Only reason I mentioned the AH6 is because someone mentioned the removal of the attack Blackhawks in favor of the medical version. Blue would need IMO an attack helo. I should add I do not mean the one with the rockets either .. just the mini gun. And deadlier than the Blackhawk could be debated but it is eliminated much easier than the Blackhawk. ... My .02
opus
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Denmark

Post by opus »

Sarge wrote:I find that problem on DC and BF3. nobody waits to load up for a gunner or troops. they should be shot on sight.
Friggin dick weasels I say.
AMEN! :roll:
! --- T E A M W O R K - M A K E S - M E - H O R N Y -- !
~~~ A Good Soldier Obeys Without Question, A Good Officer Commands Without Doubt! ~~~