sniping

ryeontherocks
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Canada

Re: sniping

Post by ryeontherocks »

Demonic wrote:...for some evil reason, they took it away :? :? :?
I can think of alot evil reasons...all of which are valid :18:

PS i still dont like spiders and snakes either...i know its part of life but hey :o

:D
Demonic
Australia

Post by Demonic »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fv3lcm8B28

ok...this video is not for those who already dominate in the game....i made it for those who may want to get more from their sniping game, that perhaps havent tried some of this stuff before.
some will say 'yeah, i already knew that' etc etc.....for those who dont know, maybe this vid will help.

basically, what is in this video, is the foundation of how i snipe today...along with that other vid about no scoping (which i have to upload onto youtube, coz of my viddler account no longer working)
BROTHERS IN ARMS
Hav3n
United States of America

Post by Hav3n »

I'm beginning to realize, DC allows you to shoot very accurately, even while in midair going prone. I've seen this employed very effectively with the AK, but it seems it works with sniper rifles as well, where you jump and then go prone and aim and fire, maybe before even touching the ground?

Good to learn the game, but snipers like that drive me crazy. :26:

Then again, I'm sure my shotgun drives some people crazy.
Demonic
Australia

Post by Demonic »

Hav3n wrote:you jump and then go prone and aim and fire, maybe before even touching the ground?
Exactly the case....i will try and explain it without me messing it up lol
Basically, the game knows when you are at a height, that after you jump, you can deploy the parachute, OR if you are at a height, that will cause you to slam into the ground and cannot deploy the chute.

If you are at that height where you cannot use the chute, you can still fire your gun (in most cases).
When you are in prone in midair, the game doesn't know if you are in midair, or on the ground.
And with that in mind, you can, if you are quick enough, snipe/shoot someone while you are in midair.

I see heaps of players do the dive and shoot thing, with all kinds of guns.
Its just that i included the crouch at the end, because its easier to get up and moving from crouch, than getting back up from prone.

So my basic key movement would be :
Jump, prone, zoom (if needed) fire, crouch
BROTHERS IN ARMS