Turn off Teamkilling

fromage

Re: Turn off Teamkilling

Post by fromage »

Swanny-CG wrote:Basically, similar to running out in front of someone firing so they suffer a TK. Same story, different application.
Ok, that's fair reasoning. I suppose the only way to somewhat minimize that would be to lessen the damage so someone would have to run over multiple mines on purpose. I wouldn't be entirely opposed to this method, only because I feel like there would be fewer of these incidents and people playing more responsibly. It seems the lesser evil of the two.

Haven, the first order of business would be to kickban Nighty and use "Spelling infraction" as a reason. Or, "TL,DR".
zanshin1

Post by zanshin1 »

Unfortunately you need to run over mines in order to launch yourself on top of buildings to snipe......unless.......put the c4 pack in the sniper pack.....

On bocage you can change your weapon in the main when you spawn.....can you put that on all maps?

c4, wrench, rpg, mine, knife, pistol.....now thats a fun kit....sub out rpg for you gun users....
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

zanshin1 wrote:On bocage you can change your weapon in the main when you spawn.....can you put that on all maps?
Are you talking about the Stinger/Grails and the No 4 sniper rifle kits laying around? If so there are other maps that you can pick up other weapons. Just not always at the main flag.
God bless the past and present men and women in uniform.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
zanshin1

Post by zanshin1 »

no im talking about when i screw up and select the wrong pack......i hit enter to change the pack so when i die i wont say "fk i forgot again" and it will change automatic without dieing first. its nice touch, lets you fix your mistake right away.

I think its bocage....ill try it later when it loads

TY
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Best of my knowledge, I can do that on any map. I believe that feature is built into the game.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
zanshin1

Post by zanshin1 »

no sht?,,,,when you spawn if you dont like what you have you hit enter and change packs? all maps?.....learn something new everyday....lmao.

I also was able to switch to blue without suicide and losing 2 points....

i just tried and it wouldnt work on red,,,,,,,
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

For me, that only happens "sometimes", like I thought it was just a fluke in the game. Maybe it has always been on Bocage, but I wasn't paying that close attention.

Meaning exactly like Zanshin described, I /always/ go and change "what kit do I want to spawn with next" even while I'm still alive. And 99% of the time that's all that happens; you set which kit you'll spawn with next, but nothing else happens and you don't actually get that kit until you die and respawn.

Randomly / every once in a while I'm surprised to see it change my kit instantly. That's not "normal" and not something that happens all the time, because I "pre-set my next kit" very frequently, but only rarely see this "switches your kit instantly" behavior.

-Trench
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Just so we are clear, I can select my NEXT kit, NOT change during play. As Trench said I do not get the "new" kit until I die and respawn. I have never been able to switch from kit to kit while in game. Nor should anyone.
fromage

Post by fromage »

Trench wrote:For me, that only happens "sometimes", like I thought it was just a fluke in the game. Maybe it has always been on Bocage, but I wasn't paying that close attention.

Meaning exactly like Zanshin described, I /always/ go and change "what kit do I want to spawn with next" even while I'm still alive. And 99% of the time that's all that happens; you set which kit you'll spawn with next, but nothing else happens and you don't actually get that kit until you die and respawn.

Randomly / every once in a while I'm surprised to see it change my kit instantly. That's not "normal" and not something that happens all the time, because I "pre-set my next kit" very frequently, but only rarely see this "switches your kit instantly" behavior.

-Trench
Worse yet, it switches you to a kit you didn't want and you can't change back. I've seen that happen from time to time. You then have to restart the game, wait till the server loads a new map, or maybe even get switched to another team.
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

zanshin1 wrote:I also was able to switch to blue without suicide and losing 2 points....
i just tried and it wouldnt work on red,,,,,,,
I meant to mention, there is one thing that sounds "right" about that:

What I do expect is that you can switch teams just by selecting the "Coalition" or "Opposition" tabs above the available kits. You can do this even while you're still alive, or while you're dead and in the spawn interface. Switching this way will count as a death if you're not already dead, but as you said will not count as a -2 suicide.

Once you have switched though, the game doesn't allow you to switch back until after you actually spawn. So even if you just accidentally clicked on the "Coalition" / "Opposition" tab while switching kits, you're now "stuck" spawning at least once for the other team before you'll be allowed to switch back.

Just wasn't sure if maybe that behavior figured into the "it wouldn't let me on red" observation you made. In other words, it let you switch from blue to red, but then not from red back to blue because you hadn't spawned yet.

-Trench
Swanny-CG
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Swanny-CG »

Nightstalker wrote:Just so we are clear, I can select my NEXT kit, NOT change during play. As Trench said I do not get the "new" kit until I die and respawn. I have never been able to switch from kit to kit while in game. Nor should anyone.
You're right, it shouldn't happen, but on Bocage if you're in the red main I think (or close to the barn, I can't remember) you can change between kits without dying.
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Post by Sarge 1/68th Armor »

So I guess the topic is done. Now its all about Nighty changing out kits. Typical AF. I'll take a spanner wrench, rudder actuator discombobulator and a Mai Tai.....no no...I meant a T-10 wrench, hydraulic fluid and a Zima.
:lol: :lol:

'Silver Lions" 1st Battalion, 68th Armor Regiment, 8th Infantry Division/
SFC. TANK CDR. M1A1....HUA!

With Great Speed
zanshin1

Post by zanshin1 »

Its On bocage,,,,blue side only. tried on red wouldnt work, unless theres a spot your to be at....dont know.

you can keep switching, you just need to move....

im going towards helos.....hit enter and select the kit i wanted, resume.....when i hit w to continue my kit changes.....if i dont like that one ....do it again....and so on...

oh well,
business is concluded...
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Sarge wrote:So I guess the topic is done. Now its all about Nighty changing out kits. Typical AF. I'll take a spanner wrench, rudder actuator discombobulator and a Mai Tai.....no no...I meant a T-10 wrench, hydraulic fluid and a Zima.
:lol: :lol:

I can smell the jealousy. ... oh and can I change that to a Jack and Coke or a Pale Ale ;)
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Jack and Coke fine. Pale Ale, :lol: buy a dress.

With Great Speed
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

This thread is "jacked" as it is LOLOL. But, FWIW, pale ale will put hair on your chest light beer boy. Hell the beer I have in my hand, home brewed BTW, is 7.06 % ;) ... its more of an IPA though.
fromage

Post by fromage »

Nightstalker wrote:This thread is "jacked" as it is LOLOL. But, FWIW, pale ale will put hair on your chest light beer boy. Hell the beer I have in my hand, home brewed BTW, is 7.06 % ;) ... its more of an IPA though.
7.06%? Panzy stuff. Sarge washes his car with that swill.

http://www.businessinsider.com/new-beer ... bv-2013-10
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Oooo, got me a bitch!

With Great Speed
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Holy crap!!!!! Fermenting to that high of an ABV is insane. The yeast I use would die at around 10% lololol