Desktop Shortcut customization questions

MuzzleTough
Iceland

Desktop Shortcut customization questions

Post by MuzzleTough »

Hi y'all

Does anyone know where to find desktop shortcut customizations?

Apart from the standard customizations (for those looking for these, see below) I would like to have multiple shortcuts that load different profiles? Possible? You tell me!

STANDARD DESKTOP CUSTOMIZATIONS: Spec has a helpful post re: standard customization of the bf42 desktop shortcut to auto load the EA117 server. http://www.ea117dcfanfavorites.com/view ... f=62&t=233

I'm looking for more info beyond this.

Thanks for looking,

Muzz
I used to be a pacifist, then I started playing BF.
MuzzleTough
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Re: Desktop Shortcut customization questions

Post by Trench »

Don't know and haven't used it, but the BF1942.exe is looking for a +playerName parameter, just like described for BF2.exe in http://www.tweakguides.com/BF2_7.html.

But it's not clear "the player name" is really what needs to be controlled; you really want to control which profile is being loaded, which contains pre-configured defaults for many things including the player name. Even if you could set "the player name" on the command line, it seems like it would be overridden as soon as the selected profile settings were loaded, which again contain and set the player name.

My guess is you would probably have to copy/rewrite the \Battlefield 1942\Mods\bf1942\Settings\profile.con prior to startup, in order to make a different profile the default one Battlefield will load when you also have a +joinServer directive that is taking you directly into the game or similar.

-Trench
MuzzleTough
Iceland

Re: Desktop Shortcut customization questions

Post by MuzzleTough »

Thanks Trench. I was trying to avoid that, but what you say makes sense. I'm sure i would have seen something in the various forums when i searched around if it were possible or common.
Muzz
I used to be a pacifist, then I started playing BF.
MuzzleTough