kicked...?

fluffy

kicked...?

Post by fluffy »

I first want to say I have nothing to do with cp..Never have more than just talking to them..I was playing LV today around 8pm cst and was kicked by father for nothing at all..I was playing and saw him say something like "you want to be next fluffy" and I asked wth did i do and i get kicked..Come back and he says that he thought I was taunting cheese or something.But I don't think I even said hi to him when he came into the server....I was in first place and just playing..I don't understand why I was kicked..I understand the hell you guys go through running a server...Ive been there done that...But can we at least stop with the instant kicking and or banning unless we are 100 percent sure why..Father says he has to review the logs to see why he kicked me..Shouldnt there be reason before the action is carried out..?

I am a way different player on the server and hopefully nighty poo can attest to that...With the problems he has had with me in the past..I just play now and don't do anything bad anymore...
fromage

Re: kicked...?

Post by fromage »

This is exactly what I'm referring to. http://www.ea117dcfanfavorites.com/view ... =62&t=5080
i_am_not_your_father
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by i_am_not_your_father »

Fluffy,
You stuck your nose on something that was not your business and encouraged Cheese's mockery of my chat-spam warning to him. I will pm you the log if I can find it.
fluffy wrote:I first want to say I have nothing to do with cp..Never have more than just talking to them..I was playing LV today around 8pm cst and was kicked by father for nothing at all..I was playing and saw him say something like "you want to be next fluffy" and I asked wth did i do and i get kicked..Come back and he says that he thought I was taunting cheese or something.But I don't think I even said hi to him when he came into the server....I was in first place and just playing..I don't understand why I was kicked..I understand the hell you guys go through running a server...Ive been there done that...But can we at least stop with the instant kicking and or banning unless we are 100 percent sure why..Father says he has to review the logs to see why he kicked me..Shouldnt there be reason before the action is carried out..?

I am a way different player on the server and hopefully nighty poo can attest to that...With the problems he has had with me in the past..I just play now and don't do anything bad anymore...
Limbersiren

Post by Limbersiren »

"IF i can find it" Please present your proof for peer review, Trotsky.
Pinhead
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Pinhead »

Limbersiren wrote:"IF i can find it" Please present your proof for peer review, Trotsky.
when its about you then YOU can ask for proof
fromage

Post by fromage »

i_am_not_your_father wrote:Fluffy,
You stuck your nose on something that was not your business and encouraged Cheese's mockery of my chat-spam warning to him. I will pm you the log if I can find it.
why are you just "pm"ing it? Why don't you post the entire log for everyone to see?

I'd like to see the full context.
Limbersiren

Post by Limbersiren »

Look Pinhead, I respect you I really do. But this is a broad issue. It deserves peer review. By all means redact sensitive information but we, the people, have a right to know what exactly are the facts. If we are wrong, I will gladly bite my tongue and stay my anger. However, This has not been met to the satisfaction yet. Therefore, I respectfully inquire to know the whole truth. Both sides. For it is our business to paricipate in current issues as much as it is yours to decide what do to. This is why you have administrative power that we trust in. Currently, we feel as though this trust has been abused. Not by you by any means, but by a few admins that have started to become crabby and rash. Please, all I wish is for a peaceable and productive dialogue to put this problem to bed so we can all get on to doing what we would all love to do. Game. Is that not why we are all here? To compete, as brothers, in a friendly game of reenactment warfare. I implore you that we are being mistreated. We all want to have fun, We all want to compete, We all love this game. This is the sole reason why DC has survived for a decade (more than most games can boast). I seek an end to this recurring issue, do you not?
Limbersiren

Post by Limbersiren »

Also I am not cheez I am Fretts however I have gone by quite a few different names
S.O.S
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by S.O.S »

Fretts? Hmm, I wonder why you are on my banned player list.
Limbersiren

Post by Limbersiren »

Default, We had a scuffle awhile back in a period where I was in a personally aggressive state of mind. For that I am sorry. This should not cloud the issue for ever point I have made has validity.
I will admit to my wrong doings as I personally egged you, Default, on. Your ban was valid and justified. That point would be a perfect example of why "attacking" the mods would be and is not tolerated. I would love to talk to you on TS about this issue if you would be so kind to set up a time, as long as it was civil. we are both reasonable people.
S.O.S
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by S.O.S »

Thanks for the honesty. It was a 1-day ban and you are welcomed to come back again, just try not to do it in a bad mood day :).

Fluffy, sorry to make the thread off topic, but IANYF has replied earlier.
fromage

Post by fromage »

S.O.S wrote:Thanks for the honesty. It was a 1-day ban and you are welcomed to come back again, just try not to do it in a bad mood day :).

Fluffy, sorry to make the thread off topic, but IANYF has replied earlier.
Fretts, thank you for voicing your thoughts as well. I don't even recall your name but appreciate you stepping up.

SOS, I'm going to step back and cool off. Tonight's kicks just really hit the rev limiter in terms of administering fairly. If you'd like to PM me, I'm fine with that too. I even PM'd IANYF to see why he hadn't reached out if he had issue with me but we'll see how that goes. Everyone's peeved and defensive and I'm trying to keep this above board. I've also posted suggestions in the other thread which hopefully should be taken as constructive ways to avoid this exact scenario.
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

fromage wrote: Fretts, thank you for voicing your thoughts as well. I don't even recall your name but appreciate you stepping up.

Horseshit, his name has CP on it :roll:

Fluff, this is between you and Pops but yes you have improved (thanks ;) ). I was not there so I have no say so in this one. But I can assure you if IANYF finds he made a mistake, he will fix it quick.
God bless the past and present men and women in uniform.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
fromage

Post by fromage »

Nightstalker wrote:
fromage wrote: Fretts, thank you for voicing your thoughts as well. I don't even recall your name but appreciate you stepping up.
Horseshit, his name has CP on it :roll:

Fluff, this is between you and Pops but yes you have improved (thanks ;) ). I was not there so I have no say so in this one.
People can choose to do what they want with their names. I have no idea who he is. End of story.
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Sucks when people assume doesn't it.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Post by Sarge 1/68th Armor »

Has anyone notice that most of the problems we have here are "mostly " players that ate fairly new to our server? Why ate we putting up with this stuff almost everyday? Edmund, get together maybe with a few old timers on a private TS and hash out new rules and get rid of the grey areas once and for all.

Sarge.

'Silver Lions" 1st Battalion, 68th Armor Regiment, 8th Infantry Division/
SFC. TANK CDR. M1A1....HUA!

With Great Speed
Demonic
Australia

Post by Demonic »

Honestly, the rules are straight forward and make perfect sense to me...its simple common sense.

However, there are always those out there who like to push it to the limit, which in turn causes friction/anger and admins get put on edge (which they shouldnt have to deal with that kind of nonsense)

Then, you get people from both sides (admins and players) who may have had a rough day, so where does that end up being displayed?! on the server......

Its a vicious circle...

Again, it all comes down to everyone showing common sense.

(Perhaps a suggestion to all.....if you have had a shit day, dont get on the server)
BROTHERS IN ARMS
fluffy

Post by fluffy »

ok thanks for taking my thread way off to somewhere else...I do not recall saying a single word or actually typing a single word to cheese...I was just playing when he joined..He was saying hi to everyone or whatever and I don't think I even said hi...Maybe I did..If I did, that was the ONLY thing I said to him..I saw you and him going back and forth and then he was kicked...I was playing and then you said your wanna be next fluffy?? And I said back to you wth did I do and then you kicked me...
fluffy

Post by fluffy »

You know, now that it is another day I don't care lol...I have been trying really hard to just play and not get involved with the things that go on...I don't recall saying anything to cheese..maybe I said something to the server or someone else...I just got mad cause I got kicked on my favorite map of all time lost village lol...Its all good, lets just move on and play lol...
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Good idea Fluff. Like I said, IANYF will get it sorted out. I have more faith in his ability than my own.
:23:
fromage

Post by fromage »

Sarge 1/68th Armor wrote:Edmund, get together maybe with a few old timers on a private TS and hash out new rules and get rid of the grey areas once and for all.

Sarge.
Thank you, that is all we're asking for. If it's not us, it's other future players, so this should at least help. One request is, if you're trying to keep a sense of culture, include not just admins, but people that also play. This should help clear things up and we can all move on.
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Cheese, why do you keep playing the pitiful me roll. Just stop. "That is all we're asking for" you say, how many times do you have to be given an answer? You know damn well, I like gaming with you but this is non-sense. You act as if we have never listened nor has an explanation been given. That is what this entire forum is about. The deal is, or should I say the problem is, when we speak, you don't listen. And when you do it is selective. As I have said before, this is no more my server than it is yours. EVERYONE has a voice. There is but one person who gives the final say so and I KNOW he is fine with the rules. BELIEVE me, when I say there have been talks.

You can continue your quest to change things the way *you* want them. Its not going to happen. If you do not like the way things are going, the only thing you can change is yourself. SOS and IANYF have been administrating here longer than myself and longer than some have been playing on this server. In that time, I can not think of a time that they have changed their position nor outlook on the rules of the server. Why on God's green Earth do you think they would do it for you? I can tell you they have apologized VERY quickly when they were wrong. Neither of these guys are too good to say sorry. So paint them as you will and continue with the meow is me crap. But for everyone one you bring that says they are a-holes, I will bring plenty more that support them. Sure people may wish that SOS talked more, but they will say while he is quiet, he is fair. IANYF, well he is not your father so he will not baby sit. Hell he could be your mother and maybe having a menopause heat flash .... (I still think I_Am_Not_Your_Father is a girl .. think about it LMAO!!!!!!! :D )

Bottom line and I guess I will say what SOS and IANYF has said many times before. EXCESSIVE .... EXCESSIVE .... EXCESSIVE chatting while in game. When it comes to a point it is disruptive, that is too much. When is that point, well it really depends on the situation. So its best to do the majority of the talking here.
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Post by Sarge 1/68th Armor »

Let's put the kids down for their nap. Let them cry themselves to sleep. The dead horse has been beaten enough. Command has issued its general assessment of the situation. Try the rules one last time. If they still do not work for some of our players, then move on. Time to lock these threads now. The same rhetoric is getting old.

End communication......

'Silver Lions" 1st Battalion, 68th Armor Regiment, 8th Infantry Division/
SFC. TANK CDR. M1A1....HUA!

With Great Speed
fromage

Post by fromage »

Nightstalker wrote:maybe having a menopause heat flash .... (I still think I_Am_Not_Your_Father is a girl .. think about it LMAO!!!!!!! :D )
LOL!!!!!!!! Now that was funny. :D

BTW, I think this cross posting in this thread is confusing things. See my last post to you in the main thread. We're good.
fluffy

Post by fluffy »

lock this mess....