Abusing admin rights & arbitrary kicks: i_am_not_your_father

User avatar
fromage
Member
Posts: 456
Joined: November 26th, 2011, 3:43 pm

Abusing admin rights & arbitrary kicks: i_am_not_your_father

Post by fromage »

I'm lodging a formal complaint against i_am_not_your_father for abusing his admin power by creating a negative environment and arbitrary kicks.

Sequence of events:
- I log into Lost Village and greet fellow players.
- IANYF immediately goes on the defensive and starts in with a hostile attitude questioning if i'm playing the game. I literally just logged in and started playing and he goes in for the attack.
- I ask him why the negative attitude from the start
- with no legitimate reason or actual breaking of ANY rule, he immediately kicks me
- Others were even friendly and chatty, except for IANYF
- after a min, I log back in and ask if others saw the arbitrary kick?
- IANYF immediately proceeds to kick me again.

Tonight was a clear cut example of the abusive power tripping that is literally ruining the culture and vibe in the server for the majority of the players here.

Admins and operators of this server: When you have guys like IANYF being petty, heavy-handed with such a generally piss poor attitude, it is really starting to kill the mood in the server. There are numerous players that have noted as much in recent months (both publicly and in private) that there has been some abuse of power here. Haven's & Jagd's posts of targeted and arbitrary kicks or bans were brushed off as not being the case.

Admins and server operators, you should take this without bias. This is the type of thing that ruins a good server. There was literally no excuse for his behavior and actions tonight and I want an apology and for him to either back off, or if this continues, to request that he have his privileges reviewed. I have no personal issue with him, but I will not let him take the opportunity and bully me around without just cause.

Being social is not breaking ANY server rule and should not be met with this type of ridiculous and petty behavior.
User avatar
fromage
Member
Posts: 456
Joined: November 26th, 2011, 3:43 pm

Re: Abusing admin rights & arbitrary kicks: i_am_not_your_fa

Post by fromage »

Here is another example of his actions after kicking me: http://www.ea117dcfanfavorites.com/view ... =62&t=5079

Is this the kind of admin representing EA117?
Limbersiren
Member
Posts: 13
Joined: January 30th, 2014, 9:10 pm

Re: Abusing admin rights & arbitrary kicks: i_am_not_your_fa

Post by Limbersiren »

Honestly, I am in complete and total agreeance with CheeseMaster. There has been a virulent lack of professionalism and, quite frankly, a potentially server killing amount of admin abuse of power. I have played on this server on and off for quite awhile under different accounts and It usually has always been some attitude from an admin (IANYF, Default, etc.) that eventually drives me to another server. This has to stop. The regulars of this server are too fun and too unique to be subjected to such wanton disrespect. I call for a quorum of review of the behavior and attitudes of the admins. I ask not for particulars to be singled out, even though quite a few players have suggested this. I ask only for there to be a serious and professional dialogue within the administration as well as a dialogue between the Admins and the Players.

To further stress my colleague's point, Social interaction between players should NEVER be punished by such a response; It is totalitarian. You do not see ANY other successful game treating this aspect in a similar manner. In fact, it is embraced NOT suppressed.

This must be accounted for. I, as many of us, look forward to a quick and professional response. Thank you for your time.
User avatar
JagdTurkey
Member
Posts: 108
Joined: May 23rd, 2012, 3:46 pm

Re: Abusing admin rights & arbitrary kicks: i_am_not_your_fa

Post by JagdTurkey »

I've seen this server go from being run with reason to being run with fear. It makes me think of Office Space when peter says he has 8 bosses. Each administrator is running on their own modified interpretation of the rules. Some are reasonable and try to solve problems while a few simply feel like they don't have time to problem solve and just kick/ban people outright. What I am personally concerned about is also what many others on the server express time and time again. The abuse of admin power has to stop if you want this server to remain a place where people come to have fun and game on one of the very few sane communities left in the BF1942 lobby. I may not be able to express my emotions in text as well as some but I know when I am being taken advantage of.

btw Limbersiren what's your gamertag?
User avatar
i_am_not_your_father
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Posts: 380
Joined: March 31st, 2009, 10:55 am

Re: Abusing admin rights & arbitrary kicks: i_am_not_your_fa

Post by i_am_not_your_father »

How many times do we have to say it? When an admin asks you to stop chat spamming ( run your mouth as I put it), you listen and follow admin's request... but don’t you dare make a mockery out of it as you did today because I will ban you permanently. Sure, you can play the friendly Samaritan role - greeting all you fav players, but once your chat becomes a distraction then we have a problem. And let me say it once: taunting me “every time” you kill me, in my book, is disrespectful and will warrant a ban.
fromage wrote:I'm lodging a formal complaint against i_am_not_your_father for abusing his admin power by creating a negative environment and arbitrary kicks.

Sequence of events:
- I log into Lost Village and greet fellow players.
- IANYF immediately goes on the defensive and starts in with a hostile attitude questioning if i'm playing the game. I literally just logged in and started playing and he goes in for the attack.
- I ask him why the negative attitude from the start
- with no legitimate reason or actual breaking of ANY rule, he immediately kicks me
- Others were even friendly and chatty, except for IANYF
- after a min, I log back in and ask if others saw the arbitrary kick?
- IANYF immediately proceeds to kick me again.

Tonight was a clear cut example of the abusive power tripping that is literally ruining the culture and vibe in the server for the majority of the players here.

Admins and operators of this server: When you have guys like IANYF being petty, heavy-handed with such a generally piss poor attitude, it is really starting to kill the mood in the server. There are numerous players that have noted as much in recent months (both publicly and in private) that there has been some abuse of power here. Haven's & Jagd's posts of targeted and arbitrary kicks or bans were brushed off as not being the case.

Admins and server operators, you should take this without bias. This is the type of thing that ruins a good server. There was literally no excuse for his behavior and actions tonight and I want an apology and for him to either back off, or if this continues, to request that he have his privileges reviewed. I have no personal issue with him, but I will not let him take the opportunity and bully me around without just cause.

Being social is not breaking ANY server rule and should not be met with this type of ridiculous and petty behavior.
Limbersiren
Member
Posts: 13
Joined: January 30th, 2014, 9:10 pm

Re: Abusing admin rights & arbitrary kicks: i_am_not_your_fa

Post by Limbersiren »

Listen to yourself my friend, "Distraction" when is it ever a distraction? When has any one said, "I LOST THAT GAME BECAUSE THEY WERE TALKING TOO MUCH!!!!"
How much larger is the chat box than that of WoW's? Or The Old Republics? they deal with alot more people and a lot worse problems then the admins here ever would. Im not saying you don't deal with problems but youre dealing with the WRONG problems. Thanks for the non-answer by the way. It was quite productive. This isnt Nazi germany.

EDIT: Just read your post Jagd and I would like to remain anonymous for the time being.
Last edited by Limbersiren on January 30th, 2014, 10:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Limbersiren
Member
Posts: 13
Joined: January 30th, 2014, 9:10 pm

Re: Abusing admin rights & arbitrary kicks: i_am_not_your_fa

Post by Limbersiren »

On a side tangent, I do not feel as if you have a right to vote your opinion in this matter, I would like to here recourse from the other admin's not just you. Its time to hear the whole tables opinion.
Limbersiren
Member
Posts: 13
Joined: January 30th, 2014, 9:10 pm

Re: Abusing admin rights & arbitrary kicks: i_am_not_your_fa

Post by Limbersiren »

Oh and since when is "running your mouth" the same as talking? We arent your children. We arent back talking you; we are simply talking.
User avatar
Pinhead
Admin
Admin
Posts: 154
Joined: December 3rd, 2010, 6:08 pm
Location: michigan
United States of America

Re: Abusing admin rights & arbitrary kicks: i_am_not_your_fa

Post by Pinhead »

i think it is funny people cant follow the rules then get pissed when they get kicked for not following rules. Chat spam is disruptive well then you will get kicked for it. keep doin it and you will get kicked longer til you wont be in server no more if you dont like it dont chat period.
User avatar
fromage
Member
Posts: 456
Joined: November 26th, 2011, 3:43 pm

Re: Abusing admin rights & arbitrary kicks: i_am_not_your_fa

Post by fromage »

i_am_not_your_father wrote:How many times do we have to say it?
Say what exactly? That I can't be friendly towards others? Since when was that against server rules.
When an admin asks you to stop chat spamming ( run your mouth as I put it), you listen and follow admin's request... but don’t you dare make a mockery out of it as you did today because I will ban you permanently.
You did not even mention chat spamming. Since when did greeting people become "chat spam". Other players were returning their greetings. You just asked if I was playing. I was, but you came at me with an aggressive tone so quickly, and with bias. I asked you what the hostility was about, and instead of taking a moment to defuse it, you immediately kicked. That is abuse of power.

Jumping the gun and coming to false conclusions is what you did, with malice intent.
Sure, you can play the friendly Samaritan role - greeting all you fav players, but once your chat becomes a distraction then we have a problem. And let me say it once: taunting me “every time” you kill me, in my book, is disrespectful and will warrant a ban.
So is this what this is really all about? You "feeling" disrepected? How old are you? When SOS kickbanned me the other day (again, arbitrarily), you actually "LOL"d. That sounds like the very thing you claim you don't like. Not very becoming of an admin, is it? But guess what, that didn't bother me. What does bother me is this bipolar behavior. One day you're fine, funny and having laughs, taunting, etc. The next minute you snap when you "feel" disrespected.

You also seem to like to hash up the "chat spam" as an excuse. However, I literally logged in and just started playing when you went on a rampage. Kicking Fluffy right after was a perfect example of that and your response here is exactly the issue that I'm raising. You are out of control. Take a breather? Take a break? Don't take yourself so seriously?

You are mixing your own personal feelings. Almost 50%+ of the server was chatting, yet, you felt "disrespected" and decided to make an example out of me. When I questioned you, you immediately kicked me again.

I posted this because this has gone on far too long and I (and many others) have held their tongue because they don't want to be singled out.
User avatar
fromage
Member
Posts: 456
Joined: November 26th, 2011, 3:43 pm

Re: Abusing admin rights & arbitrary kicks: i_am_not_your_fa

Post by fromage »

Pinhead wrote:i think it is funny people cant follow the rules then get pissed when they get kicked for not following rules. Chat spam is disruptive well then you will get kicked for it. keep doin it and you will get kicked longer til you wont be in server no more if you dont like it dont chat period.
Pin, please explain how greeting people is chat spam?
S.O.S
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Posts: 494
Joined: May 22nd, 2009, 11:41 pm

Re: Abusing admin rights & arbitrary kicks: i_am_not_your_fa

Post by S.O.S »

I've been really amazed how hard it is to educate a few seemingly smart ppl about a simple rule. I've said this many times and looks I need to say it again: EA117 is a GAMING server, not a chat room. The keyword is: EXCESSIVE. Sure it's not a problem when you greet your friends, organize a game play or express your emotions with wow, lol, ns, etc. It becomes an issue when the screen is blanketed with nonsense jokes or stories of people's lives that I don't care. As an admin, I don't have the luxury to ignore those big mouths and it makes it really hard to identify legitimate gaming requests, not to mention I'm also trying to play the game. Actually I've been holding back on my kicks/bans lately just to keep those few happy and hoping to see them correct themselves. I see now it's time to enforce the rule again. Losing players? The max I can count is 3 maybe 4.

Don't know the the exact circumstance about the incident, but I'm sure IANYF had every right reason for the kick.
User avatar
i_am_not_your_father
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Posts: 380
Joined: March 31st, 2009, 10:55 am

Re: Abusing admin rights & arbitrary kicks: i_am_not_your_fa

Post by i_am_not_your_father »

fromage wrote:
i_am_not_your_father wrote:How many times do we have to say it?
Say what exactly? That I can't be friendly towards others? Since when was that against server rules.
Never warned you for greeting. We all do greet once in awhile. I warned you for chat spamming after your greeting. Listen, LV CTF was a close game: 4-3 and with a few mins left. I could tell some players were into it trying to get a win or at least a tie - but then you join in your typical red-carpet entrance style. As you continue chatting after the greeting, I found it very distracting so I asked, "Are you going to play or are you going to run your mouth?". You and your buddies laughed it out so you got the kick.
fromage wrote:
i_am_not_your_father wrote:When an admin asks you to stop chat spamming ( run your mouth as I put it), you listen and follow admin's request... but don’t you dare make a mockery out of it as you did today because I will ban you permanently.
You did not even mention chat spamming. Since when did greeting people become "chat spam". Other players were returning their greetings. You just asked if I was playing. I was, but you came at me with an aggressive tone so quickly, and with bias. I asked you what the hostility was about, and instead of taking a moment to defuse it, you immediately kicked. That is abuse of power.

Jumping the gun and coming to false conclusions is what you did, with malice intent.
See above. Why should I let you ruin the game experience for other players who don't necessarily appreciate your chat spam. Remember, it is not about YOU; but rather the EA117 server, its community, and its rules that we admins enforce; Dont like it? There is the door.
fromage wrote:
i_am_not_your_father wrote:Sure, you can play the friendly Samaritan role - greeting all you fav players, but once your chat becomes a distraction then we have a problem. And let me say it once: taunting me “every time” you kill me, in my book, is disrespectful and will warrant a ban.
So is this what this is really all about? You "feeling" disrepected? How old are you? When SOS kickbanned me the other day (again, arbitrarily), you actually "LOL"d. That sounds like the very thing you claim you don't like. Not very becoming of an admin, is it? But guess what, that didn't bother me. What does bother me is this bipolar behavior. One day you're fine, funny and having laughs, taunting, etc. The next minute you snap when you "feel" disrespected.
Nah, if it were... I would have banned you long time ago. If you have payed attention, I've been more active in this server in the past few months - got to play with you in the same team and against. Other admins have warned me about you and some of your CP buddies; but I figured I would give you the benefit of the doubt. Unfortunately, it took me this long to realize that they were right; so that's why you are now in a tight leash. So, don't try to play the victim here.
fromage wrote:
i_am_not_your_father wrote: You also seem to like to hash up the "chat spam" as an excuse. However, I literally logged in and just started playing when you went on a rampage. Kicking Fluffy right after was a perfect example of that and your response here is exactly the issue that I'm raising. You are out of control. Take a breather? Take a break? Don't take yourself so seriously?

You are mixing your own personal feelings. Almost 50%+ of the server was chatting, yet, you felt "disrespected" and decided to make an example out of me. When I questioned you, you immediately kicked me again.

I posted this because this has gone on far too long and I (and many others) have held their tongue because they don't want to be singled out.
This is between me and Fluffy so stay out of it.
User avatar
fromage
Member
Posts: 456
Joined: November 26th, 2011, 3:43 pm

Re: Abusing admin rights & arbitrary kicks: i_am_not_your_fa

Post by fromage »

S.O.S wrote:I've been really amazed how hard it is to educate a few seemingly smart ppl about a simple rule. I've said this many times and looks I need to say it again: EA117 is a GAMING server, not a chat room. The keyword is: EXCESSIVE. Sure it's not a problem when you greet your friends, organize a game play or express your emotions with wow, lol, ns, etc.
SOS, I know you're not a fan of the "cheese" and the comedy. I get that. I don't take it personally so I'm not approaching this as such. However, I'm just bolding the statement above. If it's not a problem greeting friends here, why did IANYF going on a rampage and start kicking? I cannot imagine you have an answer for it because the rest of us are as dumbfounded at the hamfisted nature of his admining.

Now, I actually appreciate that you've held back and I thought we were fine. I did notice that and have been trying to keep it to team chat. You may have noticed me urging fellow players to use team chat.

The other night, I don't recall the exact issue but likely got killed or got someone in the game and responded with an lol. Almost instantly, I got kickbanned for a day. So based on your very own quote above, it's not a problem with "lol", but then it is. So which is it?

This is the problem with having that type of rule.

First, it's ambiguous.
Second, it's open to abuse if admins don't feel "respected".
Third, it sets a very bad precedent for people viewing this and being turned off to the server. I know we disagree on this, but I and many others view the comedy and mild mannered ribbing as part of the experience. You do not. Fair enough. And I say this with utmost respect, it must suck to have to admin situations like this. We just want to enjoy the game as much as you do, and vice versa. We just see the method and outcome in a different way.

If you've noticed, nearly a third to half of the server is populated with people who kid around. That is GOLD. You truly should EMBRACE that. Yes, it is absolute nonsense. It is meant to be. Play as hard as you want, laugh as hard as you want. Please just take that into consideration.
Don't the the exact circumstance about the incident, but I'm sure IANYF had every right reason for the kick.
See, if you don't know the exact circumstances, how can you say he had every right reason? If you look through what people are saying here and read through the log comments, you'll see that I had literally not been in the server for more than a few minutes. Playing and greeting. I cannot help IANYF's overreaction or how he feels.

This instance was the brewing and culmination of somebody holding a grudge and acting out by not just kicking me, but another innocent person.
S.O.S
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Posts: 494
Joined: May 22nd, 2009, 11:41 pm

Re: Abusing admin rights & arbitrary kicks: i_am_not_your_fa

Post by S.O.S »

fromage wrote:See, if you don't know the exact circumstances, how can you say he had every right reason?
It' all about credit CM which you don't have much and IANYF has plenty when it comes to word wars. As well as my personal experience with you.

Sure it's not a clear-cut rule but it stands. Nobody asks you to play here if you don't like it.
User avatar
fromage
Member
Posts: 456
Joined: November 26th, 2011, 3:43 pm

Re: Abusing admin rights & arbitrary kicks: i_am_not_your_fa

Post by fromage »

i_am_not_your_father wrote:Never warned you for greeting. We all do greet once in awhile. I warned you for chat spamming after your greeting. Listen, LV CTF was a close game: 4-3 and with a few mins left. I could tell some players were into it trying to get a win or at least a tie - but then you join in your typical red-carpet entrance style. As you continue chatting after the greeting, I found it very distracting so I asked, "Are you going to play or are you going to run your mouth?". You and your buddies laughed it out so you got the kick.
How do you know what others are thinking and feeling? Apparently they did not seem to mind that I logged on, yet, you're trying to twist this as if it somehow I ruined their experience. I'd like to remind you that you were the only one with the hostile attitude.
Why should I let you ruin the game experience for other players who don't necessarily appreciate your chat spam. Remember, it is not about YOU; but rather the EA117 server, its community, and its rules that we admins enforce; Dont like it? There is the door.
Why do you feel the need to control their experience or mine? It sounds like this whole ordeal is more about you, than me.
i_am_not_your_father wrote:Sure, you can play the friendly Samaritan role - greeting all you fav players, but once your chat becomes a distraction then we have a problem. And let me say it once: taunting me “every time” you kill me, in my book, is disrespectful and will warrant a ban.
So we're supposed to walk on eggshells because you cannot handle a "lol"?
Nah, if it were... I would have banned you long time ago. If you have payed attention, I've been more active in this server in the past few months - got to play with you in the same team and against. Other admins have warned me about you and some of your CP buddies; but I figured I would give you the benefit of the doubt. Unfortunately, it took me this long to realize that they were right; so that's why you are now in a tight leash. So, don't try to play the victim here.
You know, this is really odd. I've played directly against you many a time and have even complimented you. I also kid around. Many people rib each other. Yet, if anyone "lols" when your virtual player dies, you take it personally? Truly odd. For the record, me and my "buddies" don't have anything against you. This is all in your head. We're just dealing with your overreaction.
This is between me and Fluffy so stay out of it.
You involved me in this when you kicked me twice.
S.O.S
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Posts: 494
Joined: May 22nd, 2009, 11:41 pm

Re: Abusing admin rights & arbitrary kicks: i_am_not_your_fa

Post by S.O.S »

fromage wrote:The other night, I don't recall the exact issue but likely got killed or got someone in the game and responded with an lol. Almost instantly, I got kickbanned for a day. So based on your very own quote above, it's not a problem with "lol", but then it is. So which is it?
Here's the log before the ban to refresh your memory and the reason I said you have no credit here.
1/26/2014 18:09:37 : # [Global] ButtBreath <CP>: now why do u do me that way?...we NOT married
1/26/2014 18:09:43 : # [Global] Convex: lol
1/26/2014 18:09:58 : # [Global] Cheesemaster<CP>: did you slap him first?
1/26/2014 18:10:10 : # [Global] ButtBreath <CP>: no but should have
1/26/2014 18:10:34 : # [Global] SGT. DEATH <CP>: more!
1/26/2014 18:10:37 : # [Global] Cheesemaster<CP>: MOAR
1/26/2014 18:10:43 : # [Axis] Grey Ghost [TX]: inf near south flag
1/26/2014 18:10:46 : # [Global] Tuck: FART!!!
1/26/2014 18:11:01 : # [Global] SGT. DEATH <CP>: do the hump...
1/26/2014 18:11:04 : # [Global] Cheesemaster<CP>: Tuck, when u fart, do u make fartuccinos?
1/26/2014 18:11:31 : # [Global] Tuck: no, but that last one made the chair feel a lil greasy
1/26/2014 18:11:55 : # [Global] ))AhDaHuA!((: vinegar based
1/26/2014 18:11:55 : # [Global] Cheesemaster<CP>: slid right off?
1/26/2014 18:11:55 : # [Axis] ButtBreath <CP>: going to have to kill fater
1/26/2014 18:11:55 : # [Global] Tuck: almost
1/26/2014 18:11:58 : # [Global] Cheesemaster<CP>: no cheese here
1/26/2014 18:12:13 : # [Global] Default: !bspam1day .20
I don't see you say "lol"? Remember your thread complaining FURY glitching and the pictures I posted there? Your words don't count much really.
User avatar
fromage
Member
Posts: 456
Joined: November 26th, 2011, 3:43 pm

Re: Abusing admin rights & arbitrary kicks: i_am_not_your_fa

Post by fromage »

S.O.S wrote:It' all about credit CM which you don't have much and IANYF has plenty when it comes to word wars. As well as my personal experience with you.
So what you're saying here is that you have convinced yourself to the point that you are not going to look at facts and rather use a faulty and biased "credit" system here to judge this situation. This would be akin to brushing a situation (or several situations) under the carpet and condoning petty admin behavior just because he's got "credit" and wins word wars (not even sure what that means).

I will circle this back to the facts, which is something an admin should want to do. Check the logs and see what others are saying here objectively. I'm not the only one voicing this issue.
Nobody asks you to play here if you don't like it.
You're right, nobody's asked me to play here just as nobody asked you be admin and have to deal with chat. I play here because of the fun group. I mind the rules and will equally point out rulebreakers to help the ecosystem here. Or the fact that I and many others who are here to have a good time (along with you and other admins) and bring a good challenge.

It almost seems as if you and possibly a few have your own perception that you've sold yourself on. C'mon SOS....let's not drink the negative koolaid. I know you don't truly believe we're here to create problems.
Sure it's not a clear-cut rule but it stands.
Let's take this as an opportunity to make this clear as numerous people are complaining about this.

Let's not be ambiguous with rules.
Let's not make this targeted with prior bias.
Let's not make arbitrary kicks.

(remember, people lose trust in your "credit" system) How can rules or certain admins be respected if kicks or bans are just handed out like candy.

identify what chat spam really is: derogatory, personal attacks, radio spam (Let people vote)
chat spam is NOT: greeting people, "lol" or other forms of social banter that creates a culture and environment here of fun.

1. 1st warning
2. 2nd warning
3. if it continues, 1 minute kick with a clear reason

if offender repeats derogatory, personal attacks, radio spam, then:
1. warning
2. if it continues, 15 minute kick with a clear reason

If you keep this consistent and clear, people will likely respect that and get the hint and minimize the behavior on its own. Try it. You may be surprised.
User avatar
fromage
Member
Posts: 456
Joined: November 26th, 2011, 3:43 pm

Re: Abusing admin rights & arbitrary kicks: i_am_not_your_fa

Post by fromage »

S.O.S wrote:
fromage wrote:The other night, I don't recall the exact issue but likely got killed or got someone in the game and responded with an lol. Almost instantly, I got kickbanned for a day. So based on your very own quote above, it's not a problem with "lol", but then it is. So which is it?
Here's the log before the ban to refresh your memory and the reason I said you have no credit here.
1/26/2014 18:09:37 : # [Global] ButtBreath <CP>: now why do u do me that way?...we NOT married
1/26/2014 18:09:43 : # [Global] Convex: lol
1/26/2014 18:09:58 : # [Global] Cheesemaster<CP>: did you slap him first?
1/26/2014 18:10:10 : # [Global] ButtBreath <CP>: no but should have
1/26/2014 18:10:34 : # [Global] SGT. DEATH <CP>: more!
1/26/2014 18:10:37 : # [Global] Cheesemaster<CP>: MOAR
1/26/2014 18:10:43 : # [Axis] Grey Ghost [TX]: inf near south flag
1/26/2014 18:10:46 : # [Global] Tuck: FART!!!
1/26/2014 18:11:01 : # [Global] SGT. DEATH <CP>: do the hump...
1/26/2014 18:11:04 : # [Global] Cheesemaster<CP>: Tuck, when u fart, do u make fartuccinos?
1/26/2014 18:11:31 : # [Global] Tuck: no, but that last one made the chair feel a lil greasy
1/26/2014 18:11:55 : # [Global] ))AhDaHuA!((: vinegar based
1/26/2014 18:11:55 : # [Global] Cheesemaster<CP>: slid right off?
1/26/2014 18:11:55 : # [Axis] ButtBreath <CP>: going to have to kill fater
1/26/2014 18:11:55 : # [Global] Tuck: almost
1/26/2014 18:11:58 : # [Global] Cheesemaster<CP>: no cheese here
1/26/2014 18:12:13 : # [Global] Default: !bspam1day .20
I don't see you say "lol"? Remember your thread complaining FURY glitching and the pictures I posted there? Your words don't count much really.
Thank you for posting that. Assuming this is not edited, this just illustrates the point people are making here. Just a random arbitrary kickban. What I read there is numerous people bantering, yet I'm targeted. Added to that, my posts are roughly 35+ seconds long or longer inbetween. Hardly "spamming" chat.
User avatar
fromage
Member
Posts: 456
Joined: November 26th, 2011, 3:43 pm

Re: Abusing admin rights & arbitrary kicks: i_am_not_your_fa

Post by fromage »

And I'd like to point out that the last post is totally out of context. Someone trying to kill me and me joking that I'm not there.

Lighten up guys.
S.O.S
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Posts: 494
Joined: May 22nd, 2009, 11:41 pm

Re: Abusing admin rights & arbitrary kicks: i_am_not_your_fa

Post by S.O.S »

My credit system is based on facts. See my post above as an example.

As a matter of fact, I AM invited to be an EA117 admin and watching the chat is in the job description letter. Now who's making baseless assumptions?

I can't remember how many warnings I've given to you. You've got more than 3 1-min kicks, 3 10-min bans, 3 1-day bans, all for the same reason in the past few months. Have you learned yet? A few of your CP buddies have had enough warnings and 1-min kicks, all with a clear reason. Could you help them remember before they get your treatment?
User avatar
fromage
Member
Posts: 456
Joined: November 26th, 2011, 3:43 pm

Re: Abusing admin rights & arbitrary kicks: i_am_not_your_fa

Post by fromage »

S.O.S wrote:My credit system is based on facts. See my post above as an example.

As a matter of fact, I AM invited to be an EA117 admin and watching the chat is in the job description letter. Now who's making baseless assumptions?

I can't remember how many warnings I've given to you. You've got more than 3 1-min kicks, 3 10-min bans, 3 1-day bans, all for the same reason in the past few months. Have you learned yet? A few of your CP buddies have had enough warnings and 1-min kicks, all with a clear reason. Could you help them remember before they get your treatment?
You were invited but you still made a choice, right? Did they force it on you? Shame on them. ;)

In terms of the numbers you're quoting, it's apparently easy to achieve when you're on a sh*tlist. Whether they're really justified or not. :)

I notice you mention only CP people, but I do recognize that many, many others like to enjoy the banter. Anyhow, I posted in fluffy's thread and calling it a day on this. I and a few others have posted our reasons. If you wish to pm me your thoughts, feel free to do so.
User avatar
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Posts: 4622
Joined: February 7th, 2010, 9:29 pm
United States of America

Re: Abusing admin rights & arbitrary kicks: i_am_not_your_fa

Post by Nightstalker »

Does anyone else not find this hilarious?

Let me start by saying ... screw it, lets just cut to the chase. Cheese you are a target, you are on the shitlist. Why? Your past. Some of the admins have more patience then others but as pointed out, its not just once or twice so lets quit acting like this is new. You claim that the admins ignore facts, yet you do the same. I know, I know, you were done wrongly every time because of some hotheaded quick fingered admin. Yet, when shown the logs to give FACTS to disprove your, I got banned for an "LOL", you insult SOS by questioning if he edited the log. ARE YOU KIDDING ME????? He may be heavy handed but he is not manipulative. I am sooooo sick of the select few that feel as EVERY kick/ban was unwarranted. Point blank, if you do not want to be kicked for spamming and you know you are on the shit list, which you HAVE HAD to have known, THEN STFU, play the game and let the dust settle.


I do not get pissed off much, but FUCK ME, I am sick of this crap. I am actually finding it completely pointless to talk to you guys about anything. Talks, warnings, kicks, bans .. they do nothing. I quit playing for a while because of all of this BS drama. Come back and it is still going. And who the hell is this new Limbersiren guy chiming in? With Cheese's accusation of SOS editing chat logs, we might as well fight fire with fire and assume Cheese asked this guy to come post in the defense of a CP member. (I have already been told that has happened in the past by a VERY reliable source) While we are at it, I might as well assume he is wearing CP tags already. If not he should because he sounds just like you. And if he/she does not want to reveal their identity... STAY OUT OF THIS.

Open your eyes, the majority of the drama and come from your group. Maybe your need to quit pointing fingers and look in the mirror.

I am done.
Image
God bless the past and present men and women in uniform.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
User avatar
Hav3n
Member
Posts: 385
Joined: December 17th, 2008, 12:46 am
Location: Washington, D.C.
United States of America

Re: Abusing admin rights & arbitrary kicks: i_am_not_your_fa

Post by Hav3n »

This all seems to come down to chat.

Cheese is the server socialite. He is the outlier. Accept it and clarify what is crossing the line. Enforce as necessary. If there is a grey area that is consistently bumped into, just escalate the warnings and 1 minute bans or something as he violates what you deem as spamming or excessive. If he is defiant, ban for a day or more. This seems fair.

All the admins are different and tolerate different things. This game is both amazingly fun as a strategy FPS, battlefield armor/helis/jets arena, but also as a place to say hi to friends (made here at EA117) and tell some jokes. I crack up when I see Cheese talking about cats. I crack up when I see Nightstalker warn himself with admin commands about TKing after he accidently shoots a couple of teammates down. (and misspelling the command once or twice) I crack myself up when I tell jokes about opening a coffee shop at a flag I'm holding. I'm a dork. If I cross the line, just tell me and I'll comply. If I'm way out of line, start the banning. Thing is, I'm not a trouble maker. At least, I don't mean to be and I am willing to follow the rules or accept their enforcement. I swore recently and earned some time off and switching teams (not maliciously) and earned some time off. I accept the enforcement. Sometimes I just wish that I was talked to or there was escalation, like a 1 minute ban. I think it would be plenty effective at putting the fear of god into me without ruining the whole night with a full day ban. I just can't remember the last time I was getting short bans. SOS of anyone has been decent with warnings. Not recently, I think I've been better on some points, but he was very disciplined in just warning and not banning instantly at the first infraction without talking to me. I wish more admins followed that model.

That said, I am willing to work toward a better server environment and relationship with the admins. I think it will benefit all and whatever mojo spills over from this into real life will be better for all.
User avatar
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Posts: 4622
Joined: February 7th, 2010, 9:29 pm
United States of America

Re: Abusing admin rights & arbitrary kicks: i_am_not_your_fa

Post by Nightstalker »

I said I was done but I want to hit on something. I am generally not one to ban for a first offense nor is any of the other admins. Think what you will, but you are wrong.

As Haven mentioned, he thinks he has been better at some points. He has. I, no we, appreciate that more than is probably expressed. Not from a stand point of, we said and you listened, but our game time is now increased. We do not have to spend time in game trying to decypher legit in game request vs hen pecking. Haven your improvement has not really been that you talk but your overall attitude so again, thanks.

Some do not heed warnings like you have.

I will now try to be done LOLOL.
Image
God bless the past and present men and women in uniform.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
Locked