Abusing admin rights & arbitrary kicks: i_am_not_your_father

fromage

Re: Abusing admin rights & arbitrary kicks: i_am_not_your_fa

Post by fromage »

Nightstalker wrote:Does anyone else not find this hilarious?

Let me start by saying ... screw it, lets just cut to the chase. Cheese you are a target, you are on the shitlist. Why? Your past. Some of the admins have more patience then others but as pointed out, its not just once or twice so lets quit acting like this is new. You claim that the admins ignore facts, yet you do the same. I know, I know, you were done wrongly every time because of some hotheaded quick fingered admin. Yet, when shown the logs to give FACTS to disprove your, I got banned for an "LOL", you insult SOS by questioning if he edited the log. ARE YOU KIDDING ME????? He may be heavy handed but he is not manipulative. I am sooooo sick of the select few that feel as EVERY kick/ban was unwarranted. Point blank, if you do not want to be kicked for spamming and you know you are on the shit list, which you HAVE HAD to have known, THEN STFU, play the game and let the dust settle.

I do not get pissed off much, but FUCK ME, I am sick of this crap. I am actually finding it completely pointless to talk to you guys about anything. Talks, warnings, kicks, bans .. they do nothing. I quit playing for a while because of all of this BS drama. Come back and it is still going. And who the hell is this new Limbersiren guy chiming in? With Cheese's accusation of SOS editing chat logs, we might as well fight fire with fire and assume Cheese asked this guy to come post in the defense of a CP member. (I have already been told that has happened in the past by a VERY reliable source) While we are at it, I might as well assume he is wearing CP tags already. If not he should because he sounds just like you. And if he/she does not want to reveal their identity... STAY OUT OF THIS.

Open your eyes, the majority of the drama and come from your group. Maybe your need to quit pointing fingers and look in the mirror.

I am done.
Nighty, since you were not there, your post is just inflammatory at this point with lots of finger pointing and lacking in evidence. Thank you for at least stating that a select few of you (SOS & IANYF) are targeting us.

However, and this is the entire point of this thread, is that SOS and sadly now (IANYF) are BLINDLY administering kicks and bans with absolutely no legitimate reason and trying to throw this under the guise of "chat spam". Even more sad, you're just blindly toeing the line of bashing on us and further creating a divide in the server.

And frankly, yes, I have asked people to step up and share their experiences. Because they too have felt this biased and heavy handed approach. What, we can't stand up for ourselves when admins go off the rails? The people posting here have all admitted in the past that you've all done wrong, as players and admins. And now somehow we're evil for wanting to have fun. We're trying to move on, but you seem to not want to let us do so.

For the record, I have not asked Limbersiren. I actually just found out his name at the same time you did.

Back to the thread, there needs to be order in how SOS/IANYF admin. If you want a place where we can be good citizens and place trust in admins, it has to be done without personal feelings, bias or unjust kicks. Pure and simple.
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Pick and choose the sentences you will and omit the rest to facilitate your view Cheese.

Yet again, another pointless chat with you.
God bless the past and present men and women in uniform.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Post by Sarge 1/68th Armor »

Maybe our server needs to go private. Then they can ask to join. Then we can send them possibly a more accurate and definitive set of rules. Stating our zero tolerance on attitudes and what constitutes "chat"
I just finished pm'ing an old player if ours. He doesn't really pop in any more due to the younger crowd and the problems they bring. Take you Justin rBieber personality elsewhere.

'Silver Lions" 1st Battalion, 68th Armor Regiment, 8th Infantry Division/
SFC. TANK CDR. M1A1....HUA!

With Great Speed
S.O.S
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by S.O.S »

Yes, you are targeted CM. That's because you are the worst REPETITIVE offender on our server for exactly the same problem. All my kicks/bans are fact-based as presented earlier while you often go with your "feelings" without anything to back them up. You love to mention "we" in your posts as if you have a support group of some sort and yet few had stood behind your claims. A good example is in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4993. The 3 persons you thanked there didn't say anything supporting your accusation.

The only player I've kicked (after many warnings) is JagdTurkey for chat spamming besides you and he is guilty as charged. I'm not going to change my way of administrating at EA117 and I don't see any reason to change the rules here. If you want to play here, follow them. Otherwise, I can see you get permanently banned in the near future if you can't learn to keep that mouth of yours shut at times.
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

I was on the server when this latest incident occurred, and upon seeing the forum thread(s) I certainly had many of the same thoughts Nightstalker did, albeit a little less intensely since I haven't been having to "deal with it" for as long as EA117 admins have.

Cheesemaster, even if EA117 had a completely rigid and uniform enforcement along the lines of what you described, and it was applied without variance 100% perfectly in all circumstances, you're just side-stepping the fact that you would still be "out of leniency" under that system, too. This isn't a "new problem" or a question of "what system of warnings should be put in place." Warnings are what was being issued last year; that they apparently weren't well-heeded or effective is "the problem" being dealt with now.

Like Nightstalker said, you're in here as though every time you join the server the slate is magically clean, and you're "completely shocked" that there would be a summary kick. For me that just comes across as disingenuous, because it just doesn't make sense that anyone would need to "tell you once, tell you twice, tell you thrice and then kick" when it's already been said above-board and in public and in no uncertain terms, "you will no longer receive any more warnings."

But the viewpoint in my head is not from a "yeah, you should have been kicked" perspective, but more just a sympathetic but incredulous "what the hell else did you expect" perspective. Same as when Haven was "shocked" at being kicked for yelling "F*****g f*****s" on the server, what the hell did anyone think was going to happen when an admin asks Cheesemaster "are you here to play or are you here to run your mouth", and the answer was anything other than "I'm here to play!" and leaving it at that.

Now you know I believe that you're the Second Coming of Cheesus, and maybe that fact gets you out of the occasional speeding ticket or two and a discount at the Flying Cow Titty Bar & Grill. But the fact that Cheesemaster was even asked "Are you here to play or are you here to run your mouth?" seems like more courtesy than was even required from an admin, given the specific player history. Even I, as simply another player passively observing that history and not the target of it, knew to immediately think "Crap, we better shut up and play, because Cheesemaster isn't going to be cut any slack."

Again, not that I want you to be kicked. This is just the reality and history which seems to be conspicuously absent from the "why are there no warnings" pleadings.

-Trench
opus
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Denmark

Post by opus »

I wasen't going to justify this thread with a response, buuuuuuuuuuut..... I will say this.
I find it interesting how it appears to be the same group of people/players, who SOMEHOW
(despite their read/write abilities) - Can't seem to understand, comprehend and FOLLOW the rules set for this community. Others, (even complete strangers) seems to get it. Why ?

I believe we are dealing with a group of people who are on a different mindset, and perhaps just don't fit in here?

Complaint was made, Father presented his evidence, case was made, actions were taken. It really dosen't justify all this hype and commotion, move on? As I understand, CP crew has their own server? no? Perhaps it's better you all go there, so you can talk about cats, laws, cheese and drive eachother into madness.

One thing is for sure! EA117 is still around for a reason, people still come and play. So we must be doing something right!

@Trench, I enjoy reading your responses :)

-opie
! --- T E A M W O R K - M A K E S - M E - H O R N Y -- !
~~~ A Good Soldier Obeys Without Question, A Good Officer Commands Without Doubt! ~~~
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

opus wrote:,.........

@Trench, I enjoy reading your responses :)

-opie

LOL, I hear ya.

I always imagine he is sitting there with a cigar or pipe and a glass of scotch or brandy, looking out a window off into the prairie watching a doe and her fawn frolic in a sea of white clover. All the while scratching his neatly trimmed, slightly grey beard pondering what to say next. Way to eloquent not to be doing said things while typing.

Myself on the other hand, have a pile of Milwaukee's Best cans all around (empty no doubt) and Marlboro Red cigarette butts falling out of the ashtray, scratching my junk through the hole in my old blue jeans and telling the dang dog quit humping my leg. LMAO
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
opus
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Denmark

Post by opus »

You DO have a nice pair of legs... Just sayin' ... mmk!? :)
~~~ A Good Soldier Obeys Without Question, A Good Officer Commands Without Doubt! ~~~
fromage

Post by fromage »

Sarge 1/68th Armor wrote:Maybe our server needs to go private. Then they can ask to join. Then we can send them possibly a more accurate and definitive set of rules. Stating our zero tolerance on attitudes and what constitutes "chat"
I just finished pm'ing an old player if ours. He doesn't really pop in any more due to the younger crowd and the problems they bring. Take you Justin rBieber personality elsewhere.
Sarge, you know, you bring up an interesting point. One that I even considered but hadn't said yet. It sounds like this is more of a private server and seems to have it's own "crew" by some of the responses here.

A private server for those who don't want any chat, and keep the public server for a more social group. Everybody gets what they want and you grow the community.
fromage

Post by fromage »

Nightstalker wrote:Pick and choose the sentences you will and omit the rest to facilitate your view Cheese.

Yet again, another pointless chat with you.
Nighty, it just sounds like you made up your mind a long time ago (at least according to you - don't want to make assumptions, right?). Without knowing the facts in this instance, you came in all grumpy.

You say it's pointless but then you derail the thread and hash issues that have already been beaten to death. If all you have is that I'm a chatty MF-er, then so be it. If issues were raised 6+ months ago, it was dealt with then. Let's take the past few months for example, I have not TK'd intentionally, nor glitched, nor broken any other rule that I didn't apologize for or clear up.

This extremely vague "chat spam" issue is something you guys need to define. It needs to be decided on by all admins, not just the ones who push their way around. Can we be social or not? What's the line? Clarify it, keep it consistent and let's move on? But please don't sit there and just throw me under the bus on this bandwagon when you don't have the facts in this case. There was a clear abuse of adminning here that others have already voiced their feelings on.

Again, I have no issue with you and still think you're a good dude (despite us ribbing you for your awkward reactions at certain times). Where's the Nighty that had a sense of humor?
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Again, its not any chat ... its the EXCESSIVE amount.

And just for evidence, fact, whatever the word of the day is, I give you .......

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=5021&p=37655&hilit ... ive#p37655

viewtopic.php?f=62&t=4840&p=36120&hilit ... ive#p36120

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4833&p=36020&hilit ... ive#p36020

Here you copied SOS's comment so surely you saw the capitalized word beside the sentence you made bold.

viewtopic.php?f=62&t=5080&p=38293&hilit ... ive#p38293

I still do have a sense of humor. Did you not read my response to .. oh wait you did .. you noticed I derailed the thread. So did you omit the fact I was making a joke 1 about Trench and his eloquent way and my ..ahem ... :oops: .... :P not so eloquent way. Hell I was even picking on myself. Some of you keep saying the admins are taking this too seriously. Maybe some of you are too butthurt to realize that its not the admins. Not saying we are never at fault because BELIEVE me, we are. We are all human. Goodness I am tired of hearing that.

I am the same old guy, but when all this was brought up I realized that I may have been at fault for some of it and decided it would be best while in game for me to take my motor mouth from full speed to a now wake speed. It causes less waves. ... Sorry I am wanting to get home to work on my boat motor.

Let me say something else, call me an asshole or whatever, I do not care. Fact is I do not want anyone to leave or get banned. Hell, many people do not know this but, I talked JagdTurkey off of the ledge last time he said he was going to quit. He and I talked for a good while on TS. I thought it was all good, but you see where that got me. Haven and I have had conversations. There comes a point when after trying, you realize that you should quit. Either you do not have the correct tools within (lets use an eloquent and articulate way of speaking as an example :23: ) or the person is too far gone and/or hard headed to get a grip on what you are saying. No matter how blatant you make it. I have come to that point. I am done trying to explain. Many people understand what it is that has been said by SOS, IANYF, myself and other admins.
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Fromage...." vague chat spam rules". OMG. If it interferes with game play or is just consuming the screen with a lot of bullshit, you can't figure it out? Get a Facebook account then. There is banter from time to time. You fellas seem to get carried away. If it pisses you off for getting kicked, for Christ sake.....Stop it then!. These admin have shown great patience in the last month. I think all the last chances are up and perma bans are in order next time. I have not seen this much trouble, ever in my experience with this great server and forum. EVER!!

With Great Speed
fromage

Post by fromage »

Trench wrote:I was on the server when this latest incident occurred, and upon seeing the forum thread(s) I certainly had many of the same thoughts Nightstalker did, albeit a little less intensely since I haven't been having to "deal with it" for as long as EA117 admins have.

Cheesemaster, even if EA117 had a completely rigid and uniform enforcement along the lines of what you described, and it was applied without variance 100% perfectly in all circumstances, you're just side-stepping the fact that you would still be "out of leniency" under that system, too. This isn't a "new problem" or a question of "what system of warnings should be put in place." Warnings are what was being issued last year; that they apparently weren't well-heeded or effective is "the problem" being dealt with now.

Like Nightstalker said, you're in here as though every time you join the server the slate is magically clean, and you're "completely shocked" that there would be a summary kick. For me that just comes across as disingenuous, because it just doesn't make sense that anyone would need to "tell you once, tell you twice, tell you thrice and then kick" when it's already been said above-board and in public and in no uncertain terms, "you will no longer receive any more warnings."

But the viewpoint in my head is not from a "yeah, you should have been kicked" perspective, but more just a sympathetic but incredulous "what the hell else did you expect" perspective. Same as when Haven was "shocked" at being kicked for yelling "F*****g f*****s" on the server, what the hell did anyone think was going to happen when an admin asks Cheesemaster "are you here to play or are you here to run your mouth", and the answer was anything other than "I'm here to play!" and leaving it at that.

Now you know I believe that you're the Second Coming of Cheesus, and maybe that fact gets you out of the occasional speeding ticket or two and a discount at the Flying Cow Titty Bar & Grill. But the fact that Cheesemaster was even asked "Are you here to play or are you here to run your mouth?" seems like more courtesy than was even required from an admin, given the specific player history. Even I, as simply another player passively observing that history and not the target of it, knew to immediately think "Crap, we better shut up and play, because Cheesemaster isn't going to be cut any slack."

Again, not that I want you to be kicked. This is just the reality and history which seems to be conspicuously absent from the "why are there no warnings" pleadings.

-Trench
Thank you for being the voice of reason, and for at least being objective and witty.

To clarify, it isn't that I'm shocked or think it's a clean slate or that I'm better than anyone here. Yes, it's their server and their rules. I have no issue with that. Don't TK, ok. Don't glitch, ok. Don't attack main, no problem! Don't "chat spam"...what's defined as "chat spam"...*crickets*..."just don't do it...whatever IT is.

I get we're not everyone's cup o' tea (beer for Nighty ;) ), however, that doesn't mean we don't want to respect the rules. It's evident that admins and players disagree on what is "chat spam". However, my singular point is that in this very thread, the same admins say it's ok to socialize and "lol", then flip flop and say this isn't a chat server, which is diametrically opposed in it's core message. It's hard to respect a rule when it is so unclear and metted out with such "courtesy". In any case, I've made my suggestions and remain open minded.

Now, about that discount at the Flying Cow Titty Bar & Grill...
Demonic
Australia

Post by Demonic »

i have not seen this much trouble, ever in my experience with this great server and forum. EVER!!
except when spec accidently posted nude pics of himself on here......oooooooh man, did we get alot of visitors to the forum............

(sorry...just trying to make lite of these recent events... ;) )
BROTHERS IN ARMS
fromage

Post by fromage »

Nightstalker wrote:Again, its not any chat ... its the EXCESSIVE amount.

And just for evidence, fact, whatever the word of the day is, I give you .......

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=5021&p=37655&hilit ... ive#p37655

viewtopic.php?f=62&t=4840&p=36120&hilit ... ive#p36120

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4833&p=36020&hilit ... ive#p36020

Here you copied SOS's comment so surely you saw the capitalized word beside the sentence you made bold.

viewtopic.php?f=62&t=5080&p=38293&hilit ... ive#p38293

I still do have a sense of humor. Did you not read my response to .. oh wait you did .. you noticed I derailed the thread. So did you omit the fact I was making a joke 1 about Trench and his eloquent way and my ..ahem ... :oops: .... :P not so eloquent way. Hell I was even picking on myself. Some of you keep saying the admins are taking this too seriously. Maybe some of you are too butthurt to realize that its not the admins. Not saying we are never at fault because BELIEVE me, we are. We are all human. Goodness I am tired of hearing that.

I am the same old guy, but when all this was brought up I realized that I may have been at fault for some of it and decided it would be best while in game for me to take my motor mouth from full speed to a now wake speed. It causes less waves. ... Sorry I am wanting to get home to work on my boat motor.

Let me say something else, call me an asshole or whatever, I do not care. Fact is I do not want anyone to leave or get banned. Hell, many people do not know this but, I talked JagdTurkey off of the ledge last time he said he was going to quit. He and I talked for a good while on TS. I thought it was all good, but you see where that got me. Haven and I have had conversations. There comes a point when after trying, you realize that you should quit. Either you do not have the correct tools within (lets use an eloquent and articulate way of speaking as an example :23: ) or the person is too far gone and/or hard headed to get a grip on what you are saying. No matter how blatant you make it. I have come to that point. I am done trying to explain. Many people understand what it is that has been said by SOS, IANYF, myself and other admins.
I appreciate where you're coming from and apologies if I came off sounding like an ass. I know you know I'm not here to be a pain and just got fired up. I did see your humor and just hadn't had the chance to respond. Let's not stress over this. Go relax and work on that boat motor....or "motor-boating" that you'll be doing. :D

Hell, even SOS was chatty and showed a smiley the other day with another player after I returned from a kickban. I thought I was in the Twilight Zone. HUZZAH!
fromage

Post by fromage »

Sarge 1/68th Armor wrote:Fromage...." vague chat spam rules". OMG. If it interferes with game play or is just consuming the screen with a lot of bullshit, you can't figure it out? Get a Facebook account then. There is banter from time to time. You fellas seem to get carried away. If it pisses you off for getting kicked, for Christ sake.....Stop it then!. These admin have shown great patience in the last month. I think all the last chances are up and perma bans are in order next time. I have not seen this much trouble, ever in my experience with this great server and forum. EVER!!
Sarge, as the Silver Lion CatPantsian, you've been full of great ideas in the past few posts. Does anyone know if teamspeak has a typechat option? I'm not interested in getting a mic, but I'd be open to a typechat option.

Now, back to business:
opus
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Denmark

Post by opus »

fromage wrote:
....To clarify, it isn't that I'm shocked or think it's a clean slate or that I'm better than anyone here. Yes, it's their server and their rules. I have no issue with that. Don't TK, ok. Don't glitch, ok. Don't attack main, no problem! Don't "chat spam"...what's defined as "chat spam"...*crickets*..."just don't do it...whatever IT is.
Ok.. here we go:

Regular / Normal Chit Chat: :)

[Allies] Rye_on_the_Rocks: common
[Global] JagdTurkey<CP>: caw
[Global] lolololololol: sry man
[Global] opus: atleast I have rye
[Allies] Rye_on_the_Rocks: np
[Allies] lolololololol: ^Q^
[Allies] Rye_on_the_Rocks: ftk
[Global] Vinyard, Derick: Uhhh and Default...
[Global] opus: what da
[Global] lolololololol: : P
[Global] opus: niceshot!
[Global] Vinyard, Derick: yissss
[Axis] |GeD| Cap kroka: : (

Too much Chit Chat: :29:

[Global] opus: OMG night
[Global] Nightstalker: : P
[Global] opus: I love you...
[Global] Nightstalker: I know opie, I love you too! < 3
[Global] opus: Marry me..
[Global] Nightstalker: YES!
[Global] opus: wtf shot in the face!!
[Global] opus: Im gonna get you ! > D
[Global] opus: Night!, im not wearing undies !
[Global] opus: come take me, i want you now..
[Global] Nightstalker: ok...
[Global] opus: To your right!! INFANTRY!
[Global] opus: omg you missed....
[Global] opus: come north, we need help!
[Global] opus: omg where is my beer.. on the floor perhaps?
[Global] opus: my butt is itching..
[Global] opus: I hate this map! CHANGE IT
[Global] opus: CHANGE IT AGAIN! ADMINS!! CHANGE THE MAP !! FOR MEEE!!!!
[Global] Rye_on_the_Rocks: opus, relax will ya?
[Global] opus: NO!!!! I HATE THE WORLD
[Global] Rye_on_the_Rocks: Why.. I ougtha..
[Global] opus: Can we please change the map??
fromage

Post by fromage »

Well, can we change the map? :D
opus wrote:
fromage wrote:
....To clarify, it isn't that I'm shocked or think it's a clean slate or that I'm better than anyone here. Yes, it's their server and their rules. I have no issue with that. Don't TK, ok. Don't glitch, ok. Don't attack main, no problem! Don't "chat spam"...what's defined as "chat spam"...*crickets*..."just don't do it...whatever IT is.
Ok.. here we go:

Regular / Normal Chit Chat: :)

[Allies] Rye_on_the_Rocks: common
[Global] JagdTurkey<CP>: caw
[Global] lolololololol: sry man
[Global] opus: atleast I have rye
[Allies] Rye_on_the_Rocks: np
[Allies] lolololololol: ^Q^
[Allies] Rye_on_the_Rocks: ftk
[Global] Vinyard, Derick: Uhhh and Default...
[Global] opus: what da
[Global] lolololololol: : P
[Global] opus: niceshot!
[Global] Vinyard, Derick: yissss
[Axis] |GeD| Cap kroka: : (

Too much Chit Chat: :29:

[Global] opus: OMG night
[Global] Nightstalker: : P
[Global] opus: I love you...
[Global] Nightstalker: I know opie, I love you too! < 3
[Global] opus: Marry me..
[Global] Nightstalker: YES!
[Global] opus: wtf shot in the face!!
[Global] opus: Im gonna get you ! > D
[Global] opus: Night!, im not wearing undies !
[Global] opus: come take me, i want you now..
[Global] Nightstalker: ok...
[Global] opus: To your right!! INFANTRY!
[Global] opus: omg you missed....
[Global] opus: come north, we need help!
[Global] opus: omg where is my beer.. on the floor perhaps?
[Global] opus: my butt is itching..
[Global] opus: I hate this map! CHANGE IT
[Global] opus: CHANGE IT AGAIN! ADMINS!! CHANGE THE MAP !! FOR MEEE!!!!
[Global] Rye_on_the_Rocks: opus, relax will ya?
[Global] opus: NO!!!! I HATE THE WORLD
[Global] Rye_on_the_Rocks: Why.. I ougtha..
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

fromage wrote:Does anyone know if teamspeak has a typechat option? I'm not interested in getting a mic, but I'd be open to a typechat option.

Yes but can not be seen while in game. You have to have the TS window open.

Opie, you are lucky my perma-ban button was not working that night. ;)
opus
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Denmark

Post by opus »

fromage wrote:Well, can we change the map? :D
= NO! NEVER! :twisted:

I'm lucky to have you in my life Stu... who knows where I would have ended up?!! :33:
fromage

Post by fromage »

Nightstalker wrote:
fromage wrote:Does anyone know if teamspeak has a typechat option? I'm not interested in getting a mic, but I'd be open to a typechat option.

Yes but can not be seen while in game. You have to have the TS window open.

Opie, you are lucky my perma-ban button was not working that night. ;)
Thanks, will give that a try.

Opie, please run Flying_Cow_Titty_Bar_&_Grill.rfa :6:
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Lmao. Opus the only thing missing in your post is the additional input from Tuck and his superfluous intestinal windage.

With Great Speed
i_am_not_your_father
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by i_am_not_your_father »

Freaking queers, I am now locking this thread. NS, you disappointed Sarge with your cheating frenzy rendezvous with opus.

Honestly, I rather see excessive crap/chat/jokes in this forum than in game.
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Everyone wants me and I am easy ... what can I say. :25: