The vague "Chat Spam" rule that is.

Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Re: The vague "Chat Spam" rule that is.

Post by Sarge 1/68th Armor »

Haven, come on man,. So your saying the originators and admins that have kept this site moving forward way past its life expectancy are stick in the muds? There is a plethora if socializing and goofing off here. I guess "we" don't get into the parallel cat universe.

I think it goes beyond childish behaviour. This CP chat goes on and takes over in game orders or directives. We play to undwine and rib each other to a point. The cat people go on and don't know when to stop. When ask to stop, guess what happens. EA 117 becomes a Nazi State to you guys.

You want to joke around with no control, please feel free to start your own server as mentioned.

This is a clash of younger "I don't care" players against the establishment of long time members that enjoy the status quo. I keep staying it. I am amazed at the latitude the admins are allowing without banning. The CP gang have been given so much rope here.

Instead of making a bridge to meet in the middle the CP's building a gallows larger than Lincoln's conspirators.

Play it their way Its THEIR game. I can't be simpler than that.

'Silver Lions" 1st Battalion, 68th Armor Regiment, 8th Infantry Division/
SFC. TANK CDR. M1A1....HUA!

With Great Speed
Demonic
Australia

Post by Demonic »

so if it isnt a clan, why is it that if some refuses to add the tag they get harassed?! if they take it off, why make a person feel like they did something wrong ?!

im sorry, but a group of people wearing the same letters with their name, is typically associated as being part of a clan......when that happens, those people stick by each other through thick and thin....have you CP people NOT defended each other thus far?! if its just a fantasy world, as you say, why go beyond that and have certain people in your group push the limits in here, when they wouldnt have other wise ?!

what began as a silly joke, has now become a mockery out of this community we have...and what concerns me, is as you mentioned
I've basically just come to the conclusion that there is a paradigm chasm between a lot of the players here
is that whats really behind CP ?! to expose this, and cause a bigger rift, so it clearly becomes a 'us against them' ?!

if it isnt the intention, then perhaps certain CP people need to take a shit load of steps backward, and let people be as they want to be.
In this case, those that don't socialize are in charge.
if this is directed at admins, then you are wrong.....some of the funniest moments ive had in this community are with the admins.

so yet again....CP is displaying its 'us against them' theme...otherwise perhaps you might have not made that above remark.......
BROTHERS IN ARMS
Demonic
Australia

Post by Demonic »

oh and sarge.....the admins are doing their job, as you said....despite the carnage going on here, they are STILL protecting the rights of these CP folk to play on the servers, so kudos to them......

had this been a clan site, and not a gaming community, i feel this crap wouldnt have gone as far as it has.....
BROTHERS IN ARMS
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

"Clan of the Cave Sarge"

It rolls off the tounge, right? :?

Join me my brothers and unite against our enemy. The Kitty Kat Klan.

With Great Speed
Hav3n
United States of America

Post by Hav3n »

You guys realize at least half of what you think CP is or does is made up in your heads, right?
Hav3n
United States of America

Post by Hav3n »

Demonic wrote:what began as a silly joke, has now become a mockery out of this community we have...and what concerns me, is as you mentioned
I've basically just come to the conclusion that there is a paradigm chasm between a lot of the players here
is that whats really behind CP ?! to expose this, and cause a bigger rift, so it clearly becomes a 'us against them' ?!
I'll restate what I said above. Its just a difference of how people play. We socialize a lot, and Cheese is the king of social. It just doesn't fit the EA117 model as it currently is administered. Apparently it did for a year or two, but the party is over. All the "conflict" and head butting stems from this. There is nothing wrong with this. The server is what it is. The admins are who they are. We are who we are. In butting heads, this has become clear to me as the primary cause and reason for pretty much everything else.

No one from "CP" has ever tried to subvert the rules, hack the game or make other people miserable. If we did, we're sorry. Everything CP was spontaneous. I wonder if Cheese just made it up one night. Did you not make jokes up that stuck and you still use with friends? We have always tried to have fun within the rules of the game. It was a spontaneous realization of the comedic genius of Cheese and a few others...turning into too much in game chat...which in turn pissed some people off...which in turn caused a kerfuffle or two...and then more chat...and then we were on the shitlist...which in turn bought us instabans....which in turn pisses us off because now we feel like 2nd class citizens....and now here we are. At an impasse. The admins have a server to run within the rules, and we're adjusting to the new normal.

There is no "us versus them" in some kind of stupid forum drama struggle. I'm just observing what I see as the holistic explanation for what this is, and why there was a small nuclear kerfuffle.
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

It wasn't so much as cheese being the so called comedic genius and taking over chat. It was not stopping when told and then to challenge the rules that he doesn't like. That's disruptive. Ya get what you get. There was never a problem of this magnitude that I can remember. We did have a couple that decided to leave and ask that their account be removed. Maybe that the next option that can be helped with.

With Great Speed
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Hav3n wrote:
Demonic wrote:what began as a silly joke, has now become a mockery out of this community we have...and what concerns me, is as you mentioned
I'll restate what I said above. Its just a difference of how people play. We socialize a lot, and Cheese is the king of social. It just doesn't fit the EA117 model as it currently is administered. Apparently it did for a year or two, but the party is over. All the "conflict" and head butting stems from this. There is nothing wrong with this. The server is what it is. The admins are who they are. We are who we are. In butting heads, this has become clear to me as the primary cause and reason for pretty much everything else.

No one from "CP" has ever tried to subvert the rules, hack the game or make other people miserable. If we did, we're sorry. Everything CP was spontaneous. I wonder if Cheese just made it up one night. Did you not make jokes up that stuck and you still use with friends? We have always tried to have fun within the rules of the game. It was a spontaneous realization of the comedic genius of Cheese and a few others...turning into too much in game chat...which in turn pissed some people off...which in turn caused a kerfuffle or two...and then more chat...and then we were on the shitlist...which in turn bought us instabans....which in turn pisses us off because now we feel like 2nd class citizens....and now here we are. At an impasse. The admins have a server to run within the rules, and we're adjusting to the new normal.

There is no "us versus them" in some kind of stupid forum drama struggle. I'm just observing what I see as the holistic explanation for what this is, and why there was a small nuclear kerfuffle.
Your second paragraph intrigues me. YOU seem to understand the issue. Why not others? You said, "too much in game chat" ........ that is it. Well that and the occasional scenic trip in helos. :o

As for the "new normal", all we did was adjust for the "new" amount of chat. I do not recall a group that talked so much in game. Yes some of us would rib each other but my God man. When we review the logs it is FILLED with CP chatter.

Oh and enough with the second class citizen crap. Stop acting like we do not listen or give chances. Also give yourself a little credit. Red headed step child is more like it. :?

Edit because someone typed faster than me. : I hate you Sarge.
God bless the past and present men and women in uniform.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Lol. Prepare your smooth bore to accept my penetrator rod. :D

With Great Speed
Hav3n
United States of America

Post by Hav3n »

Nightstalker wrote:As for the "new normal", all we did was adjust for the "new" amount of chat. I do not recall a group that talked so much in game. Yes some of us would rib each other but my God man. When we review the logs it is FILLED with CP chatter.

Oh and enough with the second class citizen crap. Stop acting like we do not listen or give chances. Also give yourself a little credit. Red headed step child is more like it. :?
Yeah, I don't mean to play the victim, we deserve some (hehe) of the stringent treatment. We probably feel like all of it isn't justified, but that is our problem.

And Night, you should join us on one of the CatPantsian helicopter tours. We haven't done one in quite some time, but the Bocage tour is particularly nice. :D
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Hav3n wrote:Yeah, I don't mean to play the victim, we deserve some (hehe) of the stringent treatment. We probably feel like all of it isn't justified, but that is our problem.
I have no qualms with the above statement. We (admins) are not perfect. We do not expect you to be. We do expect some level of understanding when we ask you to tone it down. When you don't, ... look this is no longer a beating of a dead horse, we are beating the ground the horse died on. I am really over this conversation. We have said our peace, it is not going to change.

See you guys in game.
God bless the past and present men and women in uniform.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
opus
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Denmark

Post by opus »

How about we lock this baby up, so the horse gets some peace... :)
! --- T E A M W O R K - M A K E S - M E - H O R N Y -- !
~~~ A Good Soldier Obeys Without Question, A Good Officer Commands Without Doubt! ~~~