VSS

Hav3n
United States of America

VSS

Post by Hav3n »

Might I propose we eliminate the VSS as a weapon that you can spawn with? The PK is bad enough on many maps, but to be on Basrah Nights and have several people on red running around with the VSS is obscene.

I don't mind having a box with a couple of them on a map like Al Nas or Basrah's Edge, but being able to spawn with it...there just isn't an answer on blue for it.
zanshin1

Re: VSS

Post by zanshin1 »

I think you should get 2 of them......one left hand, one right hand......ooooooooo

Then I can give on to you:)).

Or blue should get them too!.

tyvm
Derick Vinyard
United States of America

Post by Derick Vinyard »

I would say 70% of my deaths on Basrah Nights are from the VSS lately. The fact that it is silent (in comparison to the CAR), powerful and readily available for one team seems unbalanced.

As Haven said, the PKM is bad enough on nights, let alone the VSS (which also spawns w/C4...). At least the PKM is audible and only reliably accurate when prone which gives it limitations and balance. The only limitation I am ware of w/the VSS is that it has low capacity (10 rounds I believe).

I am not a big fan of Basrah Nights due to the above mentioned issue. More often than not, I will just sit that map out so its not that big of a deal.
fromage

Post by fromage »

All of the above (cept I don't mind Bas Nights). I only like the VSS when I'm using it. ;)
ryeontherocks
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Canada

Post by ryeontherocks »

i think basra nites needs a car bomb and an apache as well...;-)

its amazing how one minor feature can upset the entire balance of a map.
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Post by Sarge 1/68th Armor »

You guys are nuts. VSS. Thats your vehicle speed sensor for your on board CPU. How do you spawn in it? :D

'Silver Lions" 1st Battalion, 68th Armor Regiment, 8th Infantry Division/
SFC. TANK CDR. M1A1....HUA!

With Great Speed
opus
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Denmark

Post by opus »

I say, remove the VSS and give em a shovel instead. Time to see what REAL MEN are made of. ;)
! --- T E A M W O R K - M A K E S - M E - H O R N Y -- !
~~~ A Good Soldier Obeys Without Question, A Good Officer Commands Without Doubt! ~~~
Swanny-CG
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Swanny-CG »

The only questions that remains is do I hit you with the flat part ... or the edge?
zanshin1

Post by zanshin1 »

problem solvers here.....

all maps get 4 of everything and on both sides........the mains will cluttered, but what a good time that would be!!!

10 sec respawn too....

Ill take the pointy end of the shovel ......and stick ya in da mouth wit it...lol...

tyvm
opus
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Denmark

Post by opus »

Swanny-CG wrote:The only questions that remains is do I hit you with the flat part ... or the edge?
I suggest the flat part, as it gives off a nice *buuuntt* sound.. lol :)
! --- T E A M W O R K - M A K E S - M E - H O R N Y -- !
~~~ A Good Soldier Obeys Without Question, A Good Officer Commands Without Doubt! ~~~
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

What about making the VSS a semi-auto vs auto? I am fine what ever way we go I just find it somewhat odd that if the VSS is that big of a problem, alot of people walk right past it after killing someone that was using the VSS. Do not get me wrong. It sucks being on the wrong end of the VSS, but rarely do I pass up the opportunity to pick one up.
God bless the past and present men and women in uniform.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
Tuck

Post by Tuck »

while the VSS is a dangerous weapon, it always seems to come out of nowhere after I freeze in shock from seeing Nightstalker in a redhaired wig, blue dress, red shoes carring a wicker basket skipping across the road singing "I'm off to see the Wizard". it is usually SOS or spec, or Sarge with the VSS. I am suspecting it is planned attack. and not to sure if it counts as cheating or not. but it should :P :P :P :P
Ya..I'm an old fart
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Post by Sarge 1/68th Armor »

Lmao. Tuck, you'll never hear the phrase "come here my pretty" in your gaseous direction. ?..EVER!!!!

'Silver Lions" 1st Battalion, 68th Armor Regiment, 8th Infantry Division/
SFC. TANK CDR. M1A1....HUA!

With Great Speed
SuperTesla
United States of America

Post by SuperTesla »

I agree that red shouldn't spawn with the VSS. The CAR-15 is definitely weaker than the VSS, and louder.

Just add the VSS and mp5 crates in the main area like the old version used to have and that'll work out just fine.
Long live Catpantsia!

BF player since 2003
S.O.S
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by S.O.S »

The VSS is changed to AK-47U in Urban Siege. I suppose it can be done here too if more people feel it's a problem.
zanshin1

Post by zanshin1 »

sounds like it isnt a problem.....put it back in...50 cal too
Hav3n
United States of America

Post by Hav3n »

Depends on the round. It can be horrifically over used, and it won't even see action some rounds.