Battlecraft...

Demonic
Australia

Battlecraft...

Post by Demonic »

since ive upgraded my puter, i am having trouble getting BC working correctly...i can make a map for 1942, but it wont read/open my config files for DC etc.....

if anyone knows what i may be needing (or not doing right) please let me know.

i suck at making maps, but it was fun in the past when i had my other puter.....
BROTHERS IN ARMS
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Re: Battlecraft...

Post by Trench »

I've never run BattleCraft, so there is probably someone with better experience who can say more specifically what issues they've encountered.

From a generic "application related to an old game doesn't work now that I have the latest system", if you have a CD-based installation of Battlefield 1942 the game files are now in a directory that your user doesn't have read/write access to by default in Windows Vista and later, as compared to previous Windows XP or earlier platforms.

(The same isn't true for an Origin-based installation of Battlefield 1942 because the "modern" Origin client knows the security arrangement of Windows Vista and later, and explicitly grants read/write access to the Origin-based game directory. The old CD-based Battlefield 1942 installer doesn't know to do this.)

So if you hadn't already tried it, run BattleCraft by right-clicking and selecting "Run as Administrator" and see if that makes a difference to the application being to access the Battlefield 1942 game directory files. If it does, you might consider enabling the "Run program as administrator" and "Run program with compatibility for Windows XP (Service Pack 3)" options in the "Compatibility" tab of the BattleCraft shortcut's properties. Same as most people do for the Battlefield 1942 game itself.

-Trench
Demonic
Australia

Post by Demonic »

ive done the run as admin stuff......i can actually build maps, just not with DC units atm....ive edited the config files for battlecraft etc, to point to the folder where BC is installed (ill double check to make sure i typed it correctly)

just wanted to make sure i hadnt left something out ;)
BROTHERS IN ARMS
Demonic
Australia

Post by Demonic »

finally got it working again...there were a few lines of code missing from the config file i was using....i finally found my original version and after a little editing, got it working :D :D :D :D :D
BROTHERS IN ARMS