Roadkilling with Carbombs in Uncap Mains

Hav3n
United States of America

Roadkilling with Carbombs in Uncap Mains

Post by Hav3n »

Not a huge issue, but it has come up a couple of times. I've been run over before inside an uncap main by a carbomb and I seem to remember one or two admins saying that you should only use carbomb to detonate within uncap main.

I'm curious if there is any official stance on this?

Certainly, if you inadvertantly run someone over, that is one thing, but if you intentionally drive in to run people over, is that allowed? Or bannable? Or simply discouraged?
Swanny-CG
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Re: Roadkilling with Carbombs in Uncap Mains

Post by Swanny-CG »

I find it less irritating than getting spawn raped on a CTF map.

I would say it may be discouraged but the Lada is pretty easy to kill.
zanshin1

Post by zanshin1 »

just jump over it, or wait ten seconds.....problem solved :D
i_am_not_your_father
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by i_am_not_your_father »

I have a problem when a player *abuses* Lada's purpose. If all you are going to do is run over people in enemy main base and wont detonate the Lada then I'll give a warning and next a kick. This is exactly what happened the other day in Gazala. Cant remember player's name but he apologized.

IANYF
Demonic
Australia

Post by Demonic »

i do remember who it was father, but its not needed to mention the name...all i know is, this person came into blues main constantly and ran over as many as he could, before setting the lada off....i always assumed it was not allowed, other wise you could do it with other vehicles on maps with no bubble.....
BROTHERS IN ARMS
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

i_am_not_your_father wrote:... If all you are going to do is run over people in enemy main base and wont detonate the Lada then I'll give a warning and next a kick......
IANYF

Same here
God bless the past and present men and women in uniform.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
Hav3n
United States of America

Post by Hav3n »

So, generally speaking, running people over in the process of preparing to detonate is more or less acceptable? Just as long as that is not the only thing you're doing...is circling a base, protected from the death bubble, trying to road kill?
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Post by Sarge 1/68th Armor »

Why is it that common sense serms to vanish in game play? :?

'Silver Lions" 1st Battalion, 68th Armor Regiment, 8th Infantry Division/
SFC. TANK CDR. M1A1....HUA!

With Great Speed
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

Hav3n wrote:So, generally speaking, running people over in the process of preparing to detonate is more or less acceptable? Just as long as that is not the only thing you're doing...is circling a base, protected from the death bubble, trying to road kill?
I read that a bit differently. Generally speaking, you should be avoiding hitting people with the Lada, no different than if you drove any other vehicle into the opposing team's main. "Vehicles attacking main" is not what's being allowed; car bomb attacking main is what's being allowed.

It's understood that occasionally there might be unintended collateral damage due to someone spawning right in your path or similar. But that should be rare, and "hit as many people as I can before detonating" is not the intention. Allowing "But my intention was to eventually detonate the bomb!" as the hard and fast rule would be unenforceable, because a player can always say "You simply killed me before I honked the horn!" no matter how many people they had run over.

A carbomb does legitimately just "hang out" or stay in the main, waiting for more equipment to spawn before detonating, or more players to spawn before detonating. So "staying in main for a bit before detonating" is understandable, but it's not a license to stay and kill people in other ways instead of detonating the bomb. You stay without detonating "at your own risk"; you can't "kill people other ways without detonating" in order to prolong your ability to stay.

(Unless you're Demonic, who can jump out of the Lada, go mid-air prone with the sniper rifle, and land back in the Lada, all before you type the "w" in "wtf???".)

If you wanted to push up against the edge of the rule, a suggestion that comes to mind would be "Don't run anyone over unless you have already honked the horn." That way its harder to be accused of "staying in the main running people over without detonating" because you already started the detonation timer, and in theory no one is dying who wasn't already likely in the blast radius anyway. But be prepared to still get warned if someone thinks you're pushing it; if you don't want to run that risk, don't run anyone over.

-Trench
Swanny-CG
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Swanny-CG »

I'm going to stay away from nuance here, because in my experience it doesn't work. I don't care if you drive around in the main. If an admin tells you to knock it off because they feel it's disruptive, knock it off.

If a band (or even single guy) can't kill a lada, which seems to be made of tissue paper, well then that's kinda like Darwin at work.
Hav3n
United States of America

Post by Hav3n »

It will be my pleasure to explore this tactic.

Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Post by Sarge 1/68th Armor »

Why is there a snake comming out of the key chains ass?

'Silver Lions" 1st Battalion, 68th Armor Regiment, 8th Infantry Division/
SFC. TANK CDR. M1A1....HUA!

With Great Speed
zanshin1

Post by zanshin1 »

"If a band (or even single guy) can't kill a lada, which seems to be made of tissue paper, well then that's kinda like Darwin at work."

Exactly....move along.....

ps drive your lada around.....i like it....a fun challenge to kill u before u honk that horn.....if i get u....u wasted alot of time for nothing,

its a pain in the ass just getting there....I touch my nipples when I get u before that horn :D :D .lol.

etc. ty
try again.... :D