Shutdown thing?

zanshin1

Shutdown thing?

Post by zanshin1 »

For CD-based Battlefield 1942 1.61b:
bf1942-v1.61-nocd-widescreen-gamespy-fix.zip

For Origin-downloaded Battlefield 1942 1.612:
bf1942-v1.612-no-origin-widescreen-gamespy-fix.zip

That's it. Backup or rename your existing BF1942.EXE file, apply the appropriate updated BF1942.EXE to your Battlefield 1942 installation, and simply continue playing as normal.

Im not computer savy, I clicked on the cd based link and clicked the open with button and then what?

Theres 4 icons there.......ones just a folder.....

tty
SuperTesla
United States of America

Re: Shutdown thing?

Post by SuperTesla »

Put the files in the folders found in the .rar file in the corresponding folders in your EA Games/BAttlefield 1942 directory. I don't have the .rar anymore to look at, but I think one of the folders is Mods and one is Mods/Xpack1 and Mods/Xpack2 (for Road to Rome and Secret Weapons expansions, if you have them).
Long live Catpantsia!

BF player since 2003
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Re: Shutdown thing?

Post by Trench »

tuia over at Team-SiMPLE put together screen shots that are as good as anything I could whip up quickly. Essentially you just copy-n-paste the files you can see when you open the .ZIP file and paste them into your Battlefield 1942 directory:
Note that the Origin-based BF1942.EXE update is the same, except that there isn't a "mods" subfolder included. (The "mods" .DLL modifications are only required for the "no CD" behavior, so Origin doesn't need them.)

-Trench