FTK!?

zanshin1

FTK!?

Post by zanshin1 »

How can I program the console to automatically type ftk for me.......doing this everytime is a annoying......

1 out of a 100 needs a ptk......more like a thousand......especially when your having a "fun" game...

like that pb_sleep code when you fire up game .... i dont want to deal with the ftk ......

Hurts alot with this many ctf games....

Ty
=sBs=SEANY
Canada

Re: FTK!?

Post by =sBs=SEANY »

It "may" be possible to create a console script to do that, but that is far above my understanding of the game. Executing "ftk" is already a shortcut for the actual "game.TKForgive" command, so it could be worse! If you want to make it even easier, you can add another shortcut by opening "AliasedCommands.con" in C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942\Mods\bf1942\Settings and changing it to something like what I use, "f".

For example, there are already other shortcuts in the file that execute the same command:

Code: Select all

alias forgive game.TKForgive
alias forgivetk game.TKForgive
alias ftk game.TKForgive
You could add the one I use, or any other easy to access, single character:

Code: Select all

alias f game.TKForgive
Forgiving a tk could be automatically done if the server was in TK forgive mode, but then you would have to type "ptk" in console to punish smacktards.

ANOTHER IMPORTANT THING

I noticed this while watching Jim2102'S recent video on coastal hammer when he hits a friendly landmine (watch starting at 31:43):

phpBB [video]

He hits a friendly landmine and types "ftk" in the chat, but doesn't actually execute the "game.TKForgive" command. So either he forgot, or he (and possibly others) may think chatting "ftk" forgives a tk. AFAIK, this needs to be done in console. It would be kinda funny if the latter was true, because that would be almost 12 years of telling people you forgive their tk, and then NOT forgiving their tk! lol

Poopy
fromage

Post by fromage »

Seany, yes, that happens too often, or people that just spawn in the truck in Al Nas, die and don't bother to ftk.

My thought is, TK damage should be lessened in half or substantially to the point where someone really has to go out of their way to end someone. At least this way, the victim gets a fighting chance if they're in battle and likely minimizes the rage and need for ftks. I'm pretty sure this can even be turned off but that was poo-poo'd previously. Moongamers has it off and it doesn't present an issue there so reducing it shouldn't be that big an issue.
=sBs=SEANY
Canada

Post by =sBs=SEANY »

fromage wrote:My thought is, TK damage should be lessened in half or substantially to the point where someone really has to go out of their way to end someone.
Haha, you wish, then you won't need to step back as far when throwing C4 at me... but you remind me of vanilla servers where team damage was reflected; shooting a teammate in the head results in a bullet going through your own head instead. That system avoids team-killing while also preventing abuse of low friendly fire damage.
fromage

Post by fromage »

=sBs=SEANY wrote:
fromage wrote:My thought is, TK damage should be lessened in half or substantially to the point where someone really has to go out of their way to end someone.
Haha, you wish, then you won't need to step back as far when throwing C4 at me... but you remind me of vanilla servers where team damage was reflected; shooting a teammate in the head results in a bullet going through your own head instead. That system avoids team-killing while also preventing abuse of low friendly fire damage.
Someone's gotta keep you dancing :D

Yep, suggested that too previously.
zanshin1

Post by zanshin1 »

The current way doesnt make sense to me......if I tk I spawn at 25-30 secs.....regular is 5-15....

That 10 secs doesnt change how im going to play.........so doesnt do any good except hurt my team in ctf....

If someone is going intentionally tk thats not going to hurt them either they will just wait the 10 secs more and do it again until they get kicked,,,,

99 percent of tks are accidents......I didnt see his mine and he didnt want me to run over it.....now Im burdened with having to look at my kb....see that tilde button.....check my input into console......many times Ive looked back and i typed ftj......

Im find im constantly typing FTK....exaggeration, yes...but a few times per game....seems constant..lol

and many times,,,,I shoot at someone from a distance only to have my guy cross in front....I sit next time to spawn...

Once that Football is thrown from a distance I cant take it back......nor is it my fault someone crosses into my line.....but a shit load of people go "wtf".......

Those situations happen to everyone.

Close calls make for fun game.....shits gonna go bad from time to time......but keep the ball rollin'.

Ty and enjoy your day.
zanshin1

Post by zanshin1 »

"but then you would have to type "ptk" in console to punish smacktards."

I think that would be more appropriate......I you feel that the tk warrants punishment, then you can deal with the burden of stopping your game to type that in.

TY