List of Maps that should be removed.

Ninja2014
United States of America

List of Maps that should be removed.

Post by Ninja2014 »

Ok peeps, I'm sure there are others who would like certain maps removed from the server. So please list maps that you would like removed with a reason and if we get enough votes admin will remove. 1st, I recommend WAKE (CTF) be removed. Reason: Players leave, capturing a flag almost impossible. Basically a shootem up map that I feel really doesn't entertain other players. May the list continue! :D
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Re: List of Maps that should be removed.

Post by Trench »

Dustbowl CTF. Conquest, awesome. CTF, snoozefest.

And in my opinion, Stalingrad CTF. It's a different gameplay for Stalingrad that eliminates (or perhaps "legitimizes") the raping, but not a whole lot of actual flag capture goes on. And unlike Berlin CTF, where even a 60-minute stalemate can involve lots of exciting play, that doesn't seem to be the case on Stalingrad CTF.
Ninja2014
United States of America

Post by Ninja2014 »

I agree. Battleaxe CTF is another to be removed. Same as before players leave and virtually impossible to cap a flag.
Ninja2014
United States of America

Post by Ninja2014 »

Another to add to the list is Lost Village NO PARA. Just because it sucks! :x
fromage

Post by fromage »

Kursk (in any form) has got to go
pistol

Post by pistol »

agree with dustbowl CTF (terrible), wake CTF (terrible), Kursk (bad). I would say add a chopper to Basrah Edge CTF for Blue.

Leave LV NoPara in !! - I find that fun when people are crashing choppers all over the place! and still competitive.
SuperTesla
United States of America

Post by SuperTesla »

I agreee that all of the above need to be removed, Kursk especially. I enjoy LV No Para because it's a bit more realistic and flying in the Blackhawk mowing down folks with the minigun is a blast, lol.
Long live Catpantsia!

BF player since 2003
SuperTesla
United States of America

Post by SuperTesla »

I agreee that all of the above need to be removed, Kursk especially. I enjoy LV No Para because it's a bit more realistic and flying in the Blackhawk mowing down folks with the minigun is a blast, lol.
Long live Catpantsia!

BF player since 2003
Ninja2014
United States of America

Post by Ninja2014 »

Adding Sea Rigs conquest to the list to be removed. Kills the server. Almost everyone leaves and doesn't want to play it. Only a few (8 players max) stay to play making it sooooo boring and slow!
Hav3n
United States of America

Post by Hav3n »

One man's garbage is another man's treasure.

I'm somewhat ambivalent on which maps come or go. I do enjoy CTF more than conquest typically, but if I've learned anything in my years here, it's that just about every map is both loved and hated by different people. Not sure if admins have access to stats on player numbers, time of day and which maps are being run....but without being too complicated, it seems like you'd be able to determine which maps are consistently unpopular.

Regardless, if a map gets kicked, it seems like a campaign starts to re-add it by it's former lovers and it eventually makes it back into the rotation.

:)
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

Ninja2014 wrote:Adding Sea Rigs conquest to the list to be removed. Kills the server. Almost everyone leaves and doesn't want to play it. Only a few (8 players max) stay to play making it sooooo boring and slow!
I'd have to agree that this sounds understandably "biased", since I've seen plenty of times where Sea Rigs is populated and running a good aggressive game with 20+ players. Especially the CTF mode, where there is lots of fun to be had trying to move or defend that flag from leaving by air or sea. It will certainly remain as one of the maps we'd like to have in regular rotation, even if at some point it gets pulled out because we're running a smaller rotation.

The Wake CTF, Dustbowl CTF, Stalingrad CTF, Battleaxe CTF were all taken out as soon as they were recommended here. (Conquest still present for all of those.) Lost Village NoPara stayed in because there are many who do enjoy that, and it's as fun as the regular Lost Village once blue starts using the helos as troop movers rather than taxis.

Kursk seems too perfect of a map to take away; I think that one would need a lot more "down votes" before considering its removal. Small enough between the flags you fight over that is remains good for lower numbers of players, but far enough from the mains to keep it from getting too rapey. Particularly the CTF version seems to generate a lot of fun more often than not when I've seen it on.

-Trench
pistol

Post by pistol »

Ninja2014 wrote:Adding Sea Rigs conquest to the list to be removed. Kills the server. Almost everyone leaves and doesn't want to play it. Only a few (8 players max) stay to play making it sooooo boring and slow!
+1 - I always roll eyes at Sea Rigs. So monotonous. I only stay on if there is a better map after.
Mali Mrav
Croatia

Post by Mali Mrav »

why the admins dont add map vote on every map at the end of each map?
be more fun to not play maps that are the server killers
just my suggestion :D
Silent Assassin
Ninja2014
United States of America

Post by Ninja2014 »

I agree Mali! Map vote would be appreciated!
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

Mali Mrav wrote:why the admins dont add map vote on every map at the end of each map?
From what I've seen told, it's because there has never been a good experience with simply "turning map vote on". Same as Haven indicated, it's common (and perfectly understandable) that "good map" is entirely subjective, and any given map can be hated by half the players and loved by the other half and vice-versa.

Having map vote simply "on" means that when even a single player hates the current map, the rest of the server gets trolled by a map vote being initiated every five minutes. So I've never seen any admin support for "let's just turn map voting on."

Unfortunately neither the Battlefield 1942 server nor the Battlefield Server Manager have a "only enable map vote at the end of each map" feature. But I have heard of servers that automated this so that it's enabled only for a few minutes at the beginning of each map, and then becomes unavailable.

I've never seen anyone's technical details of how they did it, but I presume they just have their server configured for "map vote enabled", and then a custom process that logs in every 5 minutes or so and dynamically turns map vote off. So that map vote is enabled at the start of every map because that's how the server .con files are configured, but map voting becomes dynamically disabled minutes later whenever the custom process next runs.

If anyone knows of specific technical details for "enable map voting only for a short period of time", I'd be happy to look and help pass them on for consideration. Depending on what was involved we may or may not actually decide to do it, but we can certainly have a look.

-Trench
Hav3n
United States of America

Post by Hav3n »

It seems like the map rotation is rather lengthy now. Used to only be a dozen maps or so. Not a problem, but I do enjoy when an admin runs Al Nas or other CTF map right around prime time 9-11pm Eastern (GMT -5)

Or is just taking a pulse of the crowd to see if a particular map or map variety is in vogue that hour. Lives up to the DC Fan Favorites moniker. Hehe.

:)
zanshin1

Post by zanshin1 »

Delete ALL!

add el ala day2.....

problem solved....
:D
Hav3n
United States of America

Post by Hav3n »

What we really need is a tiny rush map a la Counter Strike's "Iceworld"

About the size of the Carrier's internal hangar, with weapons galore laying around everywhere. 50 cals, RPG, SMAW, PK, SAW, M16, AK47, shotguns, etc...

Constant respawning. Team deathmatch.
pistol

Post by pistol »

Hav3n wrote:What we really need is a tiny rush map a la Counter Strike's "Iceworld"

About the size of the Carrier's internal hangar, with weapons galore laying around everywhere. 50 cals, RPG, SMAW, PK, SAW, M16, AK47, shotguns, etc...

Constant respawning. Team deathmatch.
HAVEN OMG!!! Iceworld was freggin epic. No match went longer than like 45 seconds. By far the best and simplest map I ever played on counterstrike.

In BF1942 not sure how that would be possible, with respawns and all. Just be mayhem for like 15 minutes. Tickers would go down like water.
Ninja2014
United States of America

Post by Ninja2014 »

INSHALLAH and SEA RIGS!!!! SERVER KILLERS!!!! :D