Player -flea- Cheating

Hav3n
United States of America

Re: Player -flea- Cheating

Post by Hav3n »

If you'd stayed, you'd have witnessed Payne going 28-1 in Twin Rivers. The most egregious ratio of the night by my accounting.

:o
Hav3n
United States of America

Post by Hav3n »

93-9 on Bocage CTF.

Whew.
Hav3n
United States of America

Post by Hav3n »

I'd like to officially NOT report Payne for anything. I feel that a good player ought to be able to play. Man up and learn how to avoid or kill them I say.

If they're hacking, ban their arse.
zanshin1

Post by zanshin1 »

payne went 93-9 on bocage?

good for him......

I like balance, thats why i go 3-30.........can we get rid of stingers on non helo maps?

Tyvm.
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

flea wrote:
Hav3n wrote:The fact they dunk on people might be because this is the only hoop to play on?
Hav3n nailed it.
It's not flawed analogy, because even supposing this was the only hoop in town, it's a hoop where you get to play by invitation, and "the only hoop left to play on" has told you that you wouldn't be welcome to continue playing here this way. If you believed it actually was "the last hoop in town", that would seem like an extra reason to make sure you don't wear out your welcome.

In response to being told this, you said you would change your game play rather than be banned. Last night, the first 24 hours after you said you would do that, there wasn't evidence of you having meaningfully changed your gameplay. S.O.S' question of why things didn't appear to have changed simply brought responses (including your post here) as to why you don't think you should have to change your game play, even though you already agreed to doing exactly that.
Trench wrote:Let me say it now before the rest becomes too long / didn't read: If your gameplay continues to raise community concerns or admin concerns as it does right now -- regarding improbable consistency and accuracy of long distance shots, and/or continues to just "steamroll" the server with scores well beyond the next closest player -- we will choose to enact a ban and invite you to play elsewhere.
The above response that you were already provided is the only warning you're going to see. Admins are not responsible to continually remind or do the change for you in-game. It's up to you to scale back to where the continued complaints aren't occurring, or just tell us you're not going to and we can proceed with the ban.

-Trench
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

Hav3n wrote:So - by this logic, Southern Cross should not play here anymore, right?
Hav3n wrote:If you'd stayed, you'd have witnessed Payne going 28-1 in Twin Rivers. The most egregious ratio of the night by my accounting.
Hav3n wrote:I'd like to officially NOT report Payne for anything. I feel that a good player ought to be able to play. Man up and learn how to avoid or kill them I say.
If they're hacking, ban their arse.
If we actually had a sustained community outcry as we've had in chat and forums in this case, and the admins also see enough information to believe it would be credible, indeed there might be additional cases where we have to make this kind of decision in the future. We certainly reached that point again after DABR, and we've reached that point once more after bRiNK, so certainly we expect it may happen yet again.

Exactly as was spelled out in the original response though, "...while this subjectivity includes an inherent risk of 'wrongly convicting' someone, the fact that EA117 'hasn't gotten there' except in the cases of DABR and bRiNK we think speaks to the legitimacy of both the player community concerns and the admin decisions. Undoubtedly accusations do also fly on occasion (both joking and non-joking) when Ninja or Default or Demonic, etc., go on a tear. But none of those have risen to the level shown in the two cases we ultimately chose to act on."

So I think I get that maybe you're not on board with the current action, but simply pointing to everyone who makes instances of "top score" or "lopsided KDR" on a given map as suspicious is not what's happening here. We've reached this point very infrequently that I can see, and only in response to sustained and subjectively credible suspicions regarding the player's gameplay.

If you have legitimate concerns regarding another player that you think needs to be brought to the community's and admins' attention, do start a thread reporting what your observations have been. Though it sounds like you're opting not to in this case, that kind of community feedback has been part of the few times we've reached the point of having to act.
Hav3n wrote:If they're hacking, ban their arse.
Indeed, and in light of there not being a definitive way to know whether they are (nor to expect that it will be discovered in the near future), we are choosing to react to situations that appear to demonstrate unusually suspicious consistency and accuracy. Regardless of whether cheating is what's ultimately behind it or not, we're not going to say "we ban hackers" but then permit play that raises too many similarities to how a hacker would play, such that the community is left believing that we've condoned hacking.

-Trench
flea

Post by flea »

This whole situation is such a joke. I'm done arguing with you all because there is no reasoning to some/most. "Toning it down" is as much fun as not playing."Why play when you're not welcome" -Default. Clear indication that there is no good faith in some of the admins here. The people bitching about me are the same ones that refuse to objectively take a look at something they believe suspicious. That will not change. It's in their nature. Resistant to change. They are upset about getting their asses handed to them and let the emotions speak...not logic or reason. There used to be a time when people got stomped they'd figure out why, emulate or learn from the person, and actually get better as a result of the competition. Not anymore. Instead they cry hacks, witch hunt with their pitchforks and internet buddies and when they finally get their way everyone will be throwing high-fives talking "we got 'em boys!". I suppose it's easier that way on the older folks and willfully ignorant. Ban me if you honestly feel like it's necessary. This is exhausting and pointless. It's a video game.
Swanny-CG
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Swanny-CG »

I don't know if you're hacking or not.
What I do know is when someone comes in and dominates like you do, we get a LOT of feedback from the community. Not just in the forum, not just in PMs, but people clamoring for attention in-game as well.
That means the experience is lessened for regulars and admins alike.
Everyone comes here to have fun. If you "hand everyone their asses" and the fun stops, you believe we should tell the community at large to grow up and deal with it so YOUR fun isn't ruined? Or do we have a conversation about how best to deal with it for the community? We chose the latter.

I still don't understand why a skilled player hasn't moved on to other games with a more challenging level of play, most hardcore gamers I know in real life have. They might play this every once in a while for nostalgia, but they are usually looking forward to the next big release, and when they do come back they're not instantly awesome again. The learning curve is certainly steeper because of learned reflexes that cross over, I'll give you that. I'm not saying no one could be a die hard fan of BF1942 for life, I'm only saying that my real life experience leaves me scratching my head at this.

I say again, what challenge or accomplishment do you get from stomping people that obviously don't have your skills? If all you want to do is hammer them, then it seems to me very similar to the NBA analogy - Steph Curry dropping bombs on the local set at the park isn't there to be challenged, he just, well, looks like kind of a jerk.

If you can't play here (the only "mod" of playing I can think of is jumping into another role like a tank if you can, unless you're just super-awesome at everything ;)) when the other team is getting crushed.

I hate to go all "we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone" but I think Trench is trying to be cool to you and look for alternatives - in the end, if you just can't live with it and need to go play elsewhere, the good news is you're a fantastic player and shouldn't have any trouble fitting in somewhere that will give you more of a challenge.
sgt stokes
United States of America

Post by sgt stokes »

yesterday afternoon i came in and berlin ctf was the map. we were having fun and all of a sudden, a few of the red and blue team started yelling hacker and cheater toward flea. i didnt say anything for a little bit, i waited, then finally told them to bring it to the forums. they had some words about it, then i asked them please to drop it that the admins was taking care of this. i said all i needed to say earlier on this forum. I know i am not the best player and dont want to be. its not because i am trying, its because it is fun to just hang out and fart around with everyone on the server. i dont want this to turn into i am better than you and there is nothing you can do about it. i have been in real combat and this is nothing close to it. if we cant have fun the wtf are we doing? IF flea is that good, then thats great and i stand corrected, if not then i trust the admins to make the right decision. also thanks swanny for keeping this server going.
WE SHOULD BELIEVE IN GOD, FAMILY, AND COUNTRY, ALL OTHERS WE HUNT DOWN.
Hav3n
United States of America

Post by Hav3n »

I hear ya Trench. I see it as the server is a body, and pain generates attention on an issue. Someone like Basrah is lethal with the RPG...freakishly so, but we're all used to it (like a bum knee) that we just deal with it and adapt and figure out ways to avoid or kill him. Or simply fall prey to his RPG.

Or Default, who is a very very disciplined and smart player (he must be German, I have finally figured him out! :D ) who gets kills by being an accurate shooter, and being a master tactician in anticipation.

Or Snickers, who will kill you with C4 in more ways than you can cook an egg, all in the space of 2 minutes on some maps. He knows where people will be, he knows the capabilities of C4, and he is situationally aware, and it all combines into a fatal ballet for myself and others as he dances across the map, raining death down on those below him with sticks that go boom boom.

Or Payne, gets a weapon kit or piece of equipment on maps (like I cite above) and basically just wipes people out over and over on a map and runs the score up.

These guys and others exhibit smart skills and lethal impact on many maps. But we're used to it. So, I feel like we just dismiss it, but flea is this new pain point, and so we're at the doctor's complaining.

Now, I don't know if he cheats. I've had him kill me suspiciously, but only once or twice, and I've killed people suspiciously where even I was surprised I got the kill, so I chalk it up to luck...until it happens repeatedly. It hasn't happened repeatedly to me, so I withhold judgement. In fact, I'm not sure I've ever definitively accused someone on hacking. Yeah, I bitch about people and call them out in game, usually out of frustration at not knowing how they're doing what they're doing, but I don't come to the forums and formally accuse people of hacking. I did post about DABR, but it became pretty clear pretty quick that I fundamentally suck at flying and understanding dogfighting and DABR actually got on team speak and worked with me a few times. Explaining fighter jet "theory" and how flying in BF1942 would help learn about momentum and altitude and everything. Basically, showed me how he was so lethal in the F-15.

Anyways, I feel like flea (if he is in fact playing legitimately without any hacks) is simply new on the scene as of late and is just this pain point so people are complaining, but we have similar players here already, but we tolerate them because we know them?

I dunno. I get mad at the server a lot, but then I'm also grateful to Swanny for providing it and the admins for keeping it governed here and not getting too crazy, so I respect the request to simply move on if you're so good that you imbalance the gameplay and are hazardous to the "health" of a server with a relatively small base still playing.
ryeontherocks
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Canada

Post by ryeontherocks »

Thanks Haven for actually being productive and insightful not like some of your posts that just seam to be against the man for just giggles...;-) as an admin i am very concerned about alot of players and you are not one of them, guys that post and complain or say your wrong rye is ideal i know where i stand but alot of players that come on occasionally will see verbal fighting or get slaughtered over and over just leave sometimes for good...that's why i don't pick on newbies but more importantly that's why this thread is important to air all of our concerns and let you know our thoughts...i most certainly don't feel this is a joke.
zanshin1

Post by zanshin1 »

Yo Flea...."players that come on occasionally will see verbal fighting or get slaughtered over and over just leave sometimes for good...that's why i don't pick on newbies "

Thats why u stab or grab something other than an ak to kill with.....rpg

Even take out your pistol fire a couple over their ear until they turn around.......

Any dipshit can shoot peeps in the back......

I understand I am a dipshit sometimes......but not all the time.....

See above quote......if, you are really here to have fun.....

ty
tonawandares
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by tonawandares »

I call BS all the time for a lot of game play.
It isn't necessarily because I think someone isn't playing "right".
It's because I recognize that this is an online video game.
Go figure right?

btw dem, I've always thought you were a hack...ty, I feel better for getting that out.
Demonic
Australia

Post by Demonic »

lol tona...yeah...i 'hack' you with my sniper rifle, as you 'hack' me with them freakin rockets out of your apache..... ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
BROTHERS IN ARMS
tonawandares
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by tonawandares »

take good care my friend!
ButtBreathOriginal

Post by ButtBreathOriginal »

Most here have played this game since it came out. Seen and played with some of the best. I'm certainly not one of those but I do have my lucky days. I've come to a simple solution for me. If it's an infantry map I will simply leave and go to another server or see if I can get some cooter from the ole lady. After watching some moves last night I personally am convinced someone's keys are binding or bound...whichever you prefer to say. The moves were just like "Ed" who at one time was a regular till he found out how to do it and was banned from DAGL. Sadly...no way to prove anyone has this done but if you watch movements you will see what I mean. I find it interesting that's the only real area of expertise he is super good at...or at least from what I've seen firsthand.

ButtBreath
zanshin1

Post by zanshin1 »

"I personally am convinced someone's keys are binding or bound...whichever you prefer to say. The moves were just like "Ed" who at one time was a regular till he"

???????????
fromage

Post by fromage »

Just for the record, another incident with Flea/brink/dabr. He came on and immediately began TKing Buttbreath and I on 73 Eastings tonight. He went under two different names, trashbin and poopmouth. Not only was his dolphin shooting style the same, accurate head shots from distance but he also referenced this thread word for word in certain posts and kept it very directed. We all see through the ruse and think flea is brink/dabr or whatever name he's going by. You can see it all in the logs if you wish.
bRiNK
United States of America

Post by bRiNK »

Hahaha! I love it! This thread has been comedy! Look at the decent players haven/dem sticking up for flea while everyone else goes bonkers. Do you guys ever quit and just come to terms that you all fucking suck? Keep crying my little 12+ year veterans that still suck ass. You're not going to get rid of me. I will continue to TK and yes, it will be directed at all the dumbasses that come on here to complain about getting owned.

Oh, what's that? ButtBreath accusing more people that are proven legit?
I'm sorry, Trench? If people complain about other players, even the admins, you guys will look into it?

STFU.

I guess nobody remembers this post by ButtBreath about SC....or is that because the forum was locked by an admin? Yeah, you guys really know what you're talking about...except not at all.

"The A10 can be very elusive to the mig if flown pretty much up and down. I've had a bit of luck with that. My real question is how SC does what he does. I've been around for quite a while and have NEVER seen anyone else do what he does. I know he's a good pilot but I really question what's going on there. He can normally find me ANYWHERE and kill me almost instantly. Never seen anyone else that can do what he is doing without some sort of hack. Even last night his ping stayed well into the 160's and it was though it was 10. I don't know him personally so maybe someone can shed some light on this deal. I'm NOT buying that he "is just a good pilot" even if you are sleeping with him. No offense but something is amiss...I just don't know what.

ButtBreath"

More of the "I've been around forever, therefore I know all" bullshit coupled with the "if other people cause suspicion then they will be dealt with too". You guys are idiots.

Stick to your guns, grandpas. I know I have and that's "You guys fucked me when I did nothing wrong, so I will fuck you back whenever I feel like it". Fuck my reputation. I know I was clean and did everything to prove that. That's all that matters to me. Not my fault everyone here are just brain-dead. Now it's just hilarious.

How was that recent server crash? Odd.
zanshin1

Post by zanshin1 »

OMFG!

"everyone"........?

I ask questions to understand things...........I suck because I choose too.....

time in equals....to a certain extent, skill......I shoot that ak maybe 1hr a week..if that....

I like to drink and smoke when I play......you will catch me alot just standing/goofing around.

is the truth.... FLEA/DABR/BRINK?

I say lets helo fight........BOP still got their server going....

maybe ea start running a real helo map?

everyones got their niche.......

In conclusion........NOT EVERYONE SUCKS!
Demonic
Australia

Post by Demonic »

zanshin1 wrote: everyones got their niche.......
and i think this is where some of you have issues, understanding how players can be skilled in those areas....hence we get 'hackusations'.....
BROTHERS IN ARMS
pistol

Post by pistol »

+1 for this guy "flea" hacking.

Saw flea online tonight. Took notice that he had the uncanny ability to hit me instantly with several shots right to the head. Whether he was moving or not. From LONG distance sometimes. The second he spots you , from wherever, you never survive, even if you are moving. He never misses.

I've been playing for 12 years and I've never really been convinced someone is hacking until now.
sgt stokes
United States of America

Post by sgt stokes »

with all of this craziness going on, it's no wonder this idiot comes on and tk's. this is one of the reasons i dont play as much as i do. I love the server, and like most of the people on it, but with assholes like that, it makes you wonder how long will the server stay up. oh i saw what he said about the server crash. there are things known as server nukes. all someone has to do is load the program from h/d or disk, put in the i/p and pop, there you go. server takes a shit and we all have to wait until the server restarts itself. admins need to get his i/p and perma ban people like this. as for this asshole telling everyone they suck, that may be dickhead but at least most of us are friends on here and dont have to put up with your bullshit. just a thought anyway.
WE SHOULD BELIEVE IN GOD, FAMILY, AND COUNTRY, ALL OTHERS WE HUNT DOWN.
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

Trench on May 7, 2015 wrote:If your gameplay continues to raise community concerns or admin concerns as it does right now -- regarding improbable consistency and accuracy of long distance shots, and/or continues to just "steamroll" the server with scores well beyond the next closest player -- we will choose to enact a ban and invite you to play elsewhere.
Given the continued community concerns and server disruption, and well as -flea-'s decision that he will not — and should not have to — change his gameplay style on EA117, the EA117 server administration is choosing to enact a ban and we invite -flea- to play on some other server besides EA117.

All sixty-four of the IP addresses -flea- has been playing from are now banned, and any efforts to circumvent the ban will result in the additional addresses being included in the ban.

Anyone with questions or concerns about this ban is invited to re-read the full original description, since anything further we say now would be a repeat of those same points.

We realize this means -flea- will be no longer welcome to play here, and that some of you might prefer to play with -flea- on some other server where he is invited. That is certainly fine and there are no hard feelings if you don't completely agree with EA117's decision.

But this is the decision we have made for what will happen here on EA117's server, based on what has been necessary in the past to protect and preserve the fun within our playing community at large. And we believe these decisions are part of what has kept the EA117 server a popular choice among regular players.

The amount of time involved in making this decision has only increased the stresses and disruption of what should have been fun times on the server, so please everyone do what you can to be respectful as we finally put this matter to a close.

-Trench
flea

Post by flea »

I offered to provide any proof you all wanted to prove I was not cheating. Only Dogma heard me. Nobody even gave me a chance to explain myself or prove innocence how they saw fit. It could be argued CP and crew were the real disruption here - not my accuracy/scores. Chat spamming, accusations, and homophobic slurs. Not a single admin took time the time with me to hear me out and let me explain in game, video, voice comm, etc. I was open to anything. The people that weren't convinced and explained their reason why were overshadowed by the gang of whining, stubborn, narrow-minded ignorants that pollute this server.