Player -flea- Cheating

zanshin1

Re: Player -flea- Cheating

Post by zanshin1 »

Jebus.............

ok flea...its simple......." I was open to anything"...

take your phone/ipad/tablet..........whatever......set it on a table next to you with your monitor/kb/ mouse..........(not ur penis tho..lol).......from the screen.....now take a 5 minute video.....

Problem will be solved.

I dont understand why this hasnt been done to resolve it.....simple.

I cant learn unless I see it done.....teach then.

tyvm
Demonic
Australia

Post by Demonic »

is this thread going to be closed now?!
BROTHERS IN ARMS
zanshin1

Post by zanshin1 »

Don't..................i would like to see a video of him playing the game.........

tyvm
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

If there comes a point where locking the thread helps impart some needed "finality", we may do that. I certainly wouldn't have wanted to lock it without -flea- being able to post the response he did for the decision.
zanshin1 wrote:i would like to see a video of him playing the game
Posting such a video either here in this thread or any other thread would certainly be fine. But let's be clear that it's not something EA117 admins are requesting, nor are we seeking this in order to address some unanswered question. The decision is already made. Posting a video is just for the interest of you or anyone else who wanted to see it and/or learn from it at this point.

There is nothing to be seen by watching a video (of the screen, of the player sitting in front of the screen, etc.) that we wouldn't already be able to see or deduce well enough from in-game and/or with PunkBuster screen shots. Offering to provide a video such as this isn't some kind of "holy grail" that would definitively eliminate suspicion.

I've never investigated or run with any cheats to say exactly who's will work in exactly which fashion, but I have seen posts from people who write the cheats boasting about how undetectable theirs will be. I am a software designer and programmer, so I do know anything that would be "visible in a video" would be by choice of the designer, and not by necessity. EvenBalance used to be helping us by detecting presence of the software, not "would it have been visible by watching the screen of someone who was using it."

Offering to provide a video of someone's gameplay doesn't come across as "necessary evidence" for me — I expect your gameplay and most anyone else's to look just as clean as mine does, regardless of whether that person happened to also be cheating or not. Sure, there /can/ be things in the video that would give it away, some of which we can also see in screen shots or when shadowing your player.

But absence of those things don't equate to absence of cheating; just absence of visual evidence. The difference between someone who was running software and someone who wasn't running software can be as minimal as the tendency for the shots to land rather than miss when performing the same actions. Certainly nothing a video helps definitively prove or disprove.

Which makes the video "interesting to see", and no doubt we will see in action all the same moves we've seen being used in game and being described in chat. But that in no way creates a conclusion of "Well now you've seen my video, so you know that I wasn't cheating."

No, seeing someone's video does not create that conclusion. Doing manually, by hand, what Evenbalance's software used to do on the player's machine would help create such a conclusion, but that's certainly not what I'm going to use my time for, or fly around the country doing.

That said, it's completely fair to say, and even to emphasize, "We have NOT concluded that -flea- is cheating." That is the subject line of this thread, but that is not the conclusion that was made when implementing the ban.

What has been in our explanations all along is that there have been a rare few times that we ban regardless of whether someone was outright proven to be cheating or not, simply because of the impact the suspicion raised by their gameplay was having on the community. And that making decisions without more evidence in some cases is unavoidable at this point, since "definitive evidence that someone was or was not cheating" just will not be reliably available any more.

So we have to make the best decision we can in this environment, and the decision we think will best serve and protect the EA117 player community as we have in the past.

-Trench
Hav3n
United States of America

Post by Hav3n »

I'd like to weigh in as the resident legal expert in all matters feline, human and otherwise.

HaV3n, Foofybomboms and Partners LLP is available to represent either side of this matter should litigation arise.
zanshin1

Post by zanshin1 »

i get that you can still "fix" the game and it wont show up.....but.....I just gotta see a "over the shoulder" view of him playing.................

How he moves his fingers......(lol).......seriously........i want to see that in relation to his crosshairs too.

I move..........my cross hairs widen to a point of total inaccuracy.......wtf....how is he so accurate....

I must see.......

Again so simple....please for the luv of god show me!

Or confirm cheating? Am I wrong in this view point?

Tyvm
flea

Post by flea »

Here you go zanshin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1x2r0u390Y8
Watch in HD. As you can see it's nothing special. That should be pretty obvious there aren't any keybindings being used and it's just muscle memory + second nature after doing it for 10 years. You may be able to tell how the crosshair behaves differently when you go prone --> crouch. There's even one part in that clip that shows me jumping and my crosshairs don't even move because it's just how they behave when you do the sequence correctly. Typically you can get 2-3 shots off a lot faster and more accurately once you are able to utilize it in multiple scenarios. I can make a more detailed video if anyone would like.
Demonic
Australia

Post by Demonic »

kewl stuff...
BROTHERS IN ARMS
zanshin1

Post by zanshin1 »

Can you take one with the mouse in it and you playing an actual game?

tyvm
ButtBreathOriginal

Post by ButtBreathOriginal »

It seems the jury is in and the verdict has been spoken. For the life of me I can't understand how anyone could expect anything other than a permanent ban in this situation? 64 IP addresses banned? Numerous server attacks...even upon own admittance...( and boy that is so stupid)? TKing numerous members numerous times? Threats and talking to people like he owns them? Yes I'd say we have had enough of him. And Demonic I understand you taking sides as I know you've been accused of hacking before by others however that's one thing...but what he's done goes WAY beyond that. I don't pay anything to play on this server and thank the one(s) who do. I feel like its a privilege to play here...not a right just because I breathe air. Trench and admins thank you so much for resolving this issue. We need to move on back to the battlefield and do what we enjoy best. Maybe some day I'll be accused of hacking too...and then I'll start acting like a eight year old.
Demonic
Australia

Post by Demonic »

ButtBreathOriginal wrote: And Demonic I understand you taking sides as I know you've been accused of hacking before by others however that's one thing..
wow......ive done anything but take his side on this....at least i tried not to......all i tried to do was get a better picture of how the admins were going to handle this.....like you said, ive been accused before and no doubt still do (specially by the mothers club that gets on TS...well some of them anyways)

if you all felt i took his side, then thats your problem....if anything, i have been reserved in my comments because there is plenty more i could say, but its not worth it lol....whats done is done, so lets move on.
BROTHERS IN ARMS
sgt stokes
United States of America

Post by sgt stokes »

ok Butt, your hacking....how is that lol
WE SHOULD BELIEVE IN GOD, FAMILY, AND COUNTRY, ALL OTHERS WE HUNT DOWN.
Pathfinder
United States of America

Post by Pathfinder »

I think -flea- has accuracy enhancement. I accused T-bone of the same thing a long while ago, as his accuracy while running with a PK, as well as in a T-72 was uncanny and unmatched. His was set to second shot kill. Never failed. I haven't bitched about flea. When I see him on the server, I simply leave. It's hard enough playing against the guys whose systems are so fast they can't be hit, like Fluffy, Pain and Cheese, but at least they haven't got immediate kill capability.

So, I'm not suggesting anything happen. I'm just saying I derive no enjoyment when flea is on either team. He doesn't play as a team mate when on my side, with the team's interest in mind. He doesn't take flags unless they just happen to be there while he's killing. He takes great pleasure in his KDR.

I will continue to leave when he's around.

Pathfinder
Pathfinder
United States of America

Post by Pathfinder »

Thank you, Trench. I, for one, will not miss him. Now, if only someone would break a couple of Payne's fingers... ;-)

Path
Payne N. Daiz

Post by Payne N. Daiz »

Pathfinder wrote:Thank you, Trench. I, for one, will not miss him. Now, if only someone would break a couple of Payne's fingers... ;-)

Path
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.