The server is down now 5/22 on a Friday night

jolly_giada
Admin
Admin

The server is down now 5/22 on a Friday night

Post by jolly_giada »

Does anyone know why and is there anything I can do to help?
Southern Cross
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Japan

Re: The server is down now 5/22 on a Friday night

Post by Southern Cross »

I'm trying to connect to the server via BF Remote Manager but it doesn't reply.
:?
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

There have been issues with the server since Thursday, and Swanny has been working with the game host provider to figure out what's happening. Last update we had is that from the game host provider's perspective everything was up; but its certainly not accessible either from the management perspective nor from a game client perspective.

Hopefully it's not requiring another server rebuild, since I don't know when that might fit into Swanny's schedule. I'm actually traveling on short notice for work and will be away from home the coming week, not that there is much I can do besides cheer Swanny on anyway. Agree, the timing sucks, but hopefully it gets resolved before too long even if they do have to rebuild the server.

-Trench
S.O.S
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by S.O.S »

Server is accessible and playable with normal ping even though it shows 9999 at the server list screen. Couldn't login through BFRM. Under DoS attack?
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

S.O.S wrote:Server is accessible and playable with normal ping even though it shows 9999 at the server list screen. Couldn't login through BFRM. Under DoS attack?
I've suggested that to Swanny based on some of the server-side logs we're seeing too, but not sure if the game host provider has been able to confirm or deny that possibility yet.

-Trench
greengert
United States of America

Post by greengert »

Thanks Swanny, Trench and all others who are helping to keep the server up and running. Your efforts are greatly appreciated.
fromage

Post by fromage »

greengert wrote:Thanks Swanny, Trench and all others who are helping to keep the server up and running. Your efforts are greatly appreciated.
+9999