Inside the Wall on Al Nas

Hav3n
United States of America

Inside the Wall on Al Nas

Post by Hav3n »

So - I was on Al Nas last night and got out of a technical next to the building/wall along the south river next to blue flag. I must have gotten out right in between the wall and the technical because when someone shot a SMAW or something to blow it up, it popped me inside the wall. This is what it was like.

I imagine this is what hacking is like, but no hacks being run here. (and for the record, I had no intention of taking the flag, I inadvertently ran out close enough to the pole to grab it and had every intention of sitting in blue main to get killed)

Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Re: Inside the Wall on Al Nas

Post by Trench »

Not so much "hacking" and just "glitching", meaning exploiting some flaw that exists in the game itself without you having modified or intentionally changed anything.

IIRC there is some tunnel or something you can access in one of those buildings close to blue's flag. I can remember us seeing the flag carrier go into and run around inside a building there that there is no door to access.

What you showed in the video there happens a lot on Docks, too. We get 911 calls from people suddenly trapped inside of shipping containers after a Humvee or SMAW blew up beside them. So long as you didn't intentionally get there, and so long as you don't start shooting people from in there (when it's even possible), no harm no foul. Just get out of there.

Intentionally getting inside one of these areas in order to shoot people invisibly or to stay there and give away intel without being detected, would be a kick and a ban if repeated.

-Trench
fromage

Post by fromage »

Who else was in there with you, Haven?
Hav3n
United States of America

Post by Hav3n »

No one but me. Jagd was off to the side, but within the tiny alleyway, not inside the walls with me.

Roger Trench on glitches. I actually had this happen INSIDE a Shilka on Kharkov or Kursk. I was literally inside of it, same thing, see through, but could see edges and see people around me. I think I could even shoot out but they couldn't shoot in.

Gotta love DC/BF1942. Such awesome games with such funny bugs/kinks.
Demonic
Australia

Post by Demonic »

one of those shipping containers on the docks map, is the entrance to Batmans under ground storage for his tumbler....i just cant remember which one it was........ :? :? :? :?
BROTHERS IN ARMS