El Alamein CTF

Hav3n
United States of America

El Alamein CTF

Post by Hav3n »

Was this map modded by someone here at EA117, or is it a "standard issue" from somewhere?

The lack of SA3 on blue team is severely limiting to any semblance of balanced game play. SoutherCross was on red team tonight and the imbalance went from bad to pathetic. I'm tempted to recommend we drop the map if there isn't a version that can restore some parity to basic equipment issued to each side.

And it's not just SouthernCross being on, it's the map. I've played it several other times and am baffled why blue doesn't have a SA3 while red does. It changes the whole dynamic of air power on the map. Especially with uncap mains being fair targets since its CTF. I can't tell you how much equipment got destroyed empty on the ground at blue or on takeoff with no warning. Red also spawns an extra fighter. Mig + Mirage vs 1 F-15.

What gives with this map choice?
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Re: El Alamein CTF

Post by Trench »

The one playing on the server appears to be the unmodified DesertCombat version of El Alamein CTF; it's the same map version I get when starting my own local server.

We've switched the one in rotation over to the DC_Final version now, which drops the AC130 for blue, and drops the SA3 and the scud for red. So no more mobile spawn points, and no more weapons of mass destruction.

-Trench
Hav3n
United States of America

Post by Hav3n »

Thanks very much. Much appreciated.
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

Trench wrote:We've switched the one in rotation over to the DC_Final version now, which drops the AC130 for blue, and drops the SA3 and the scud for red. So no more mobile spawn points, and no more weapons of mass destruction.
Don't know how I missed it, but the DC_Final version does still have the scud. Everything else is gone.

-Trench