Define "in defense of flag"

Pathfinder
United States of America

Define "in defense of flag"

Post by Pathfinder »

So, I want to get a ruling on what this phrase means regarding c4 around CTF flags. My understanding is you're not allowed to c4 the flag area so that someone can't get to the flag to take it. Makes good sense. Give people a chance to get it and go. I was recently admonished on Lost Village because I would place c4 on the DPVs and blow them when someone (bad, hopefully) got in them. I did not and do not see that as a violation of the spirit of the rule, but I do see where the phrase leaves it open to interpretation.

So, is placing c4 on vehicles surrounding the flag area a violation? Would this ruling also include the helos standing nearby? How about the RHIBs below Sea Rigs? Where is the "line of defense" to be drawn?

Pathfinder
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Re: Define "in defense of flag"

Post by Trench »

The way it's been enforced against me in the past is that you shouldn't be attempting to pre-lay C4 in the area of the flag, which would include vehicles that spawn near the flag. I've described it as "within the blast area of the flag" before, meaning you can't pre-lay C4 anywhere the blast will affect someone taking the flag.

But in reality it's enforced bigger than that usually, and perhaps somewhat unique to each map. e.g. "No where inside the warehouse, only outside the warehouse" on docks. "No where inside the red main area, only outside the gate" on Al Nas. "No where inside the building & sandbag circles of either main" on Lost Village. Etc.

In general, just don't be pre-C4ing something that will prevent someone from escaping the room / courtyard / flag area with the flag. If you can see the flag from where you're placing C4, you probably shouldn't do it. If you have any doubt, you probably shouldn't do it.

Laying C4 on the RHIB's under Sea Rigs? Absolutely fine. Nowhere near the flag, not inside the control rooms where the flag is, can't see the flag from there, etc.

One of the other admins might be able to say it more succinctly than I can, but that's how I respond to it.

-Trench