Glitching/Exploiting in game

Turtle
United States of America

Glitching/Exploiting in game

Post by Turtle »

I caught Tokyo glitching on urban seige while defending a flag tonight (8/11/2015). He was underneath a staircase where he could easily fire out at enemy guys but they would have a hard time firing back or damaging him. I assume that this type of behavior is not allowed on the server. What are the admin's thoughts on this? Here are some screenshots to prove what I am saying is true.

First Image shows who it is and where he is.

Second Image shows when he is firing at enemy troops. Notice the increased brightness from the muzzle flash

The third image shows him from a different angle with the end of the gun barrel sticking out so that only he could shoot out and the steps would deflect incoming bullets.

Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Re: Glitching/Exploiting in game

Post by Trench »

Yes, that is the kind of exploiting that will get you kicked and banned if you keep doing it. Falling into one of the game's glitches unexpectedly is one thing, but intentionally staying in there or intentionally going into the glitch is not allowed. Regardless of the reason; whether it's to fire out, or just keep from being shot, or to collect intel without being seen, etc.

We'll make sure he understands what the rule is, and why he would be banned if found to be doing it again.

-Trench
Turtle
United States of America

Post by Turtle »

I know for a fact that he was doing it intentionally. An over head blue helo spotted his name tag and fired on him with the mini rockets and killed him from the splash damage. I then watched him then go right back and get into that place again on purpose. I even know how he did it, I just don't want to post it here so that others might glean that information. However, if trench or another admin wants the info just post or pm me and I will describe it to you as best as I can or show it to you in game.
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

Thanks. Indeed, I don't doubt at all that he was going there intentionally. Only intend to confirm that he knows doing this is against the rules here. i.e. That when he saw the rule that says "no exploits" that scrolls every 10 minutes, he knows or didn't know that hiding inside a staircase is an example of the kind of "exploits" the rule was referring to.

-Trench
theraven
United States of America

Post by theraven »

yea ive been killed by him on maps you cant even see the guy even on nas