Being kicked by PunkBuster

Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Re: Being kicked by PunkBuster

Post by Trench »

Just to continue the in-game chat, the fact both your computers show the same problem isn't an indictment of "you're not getting 100mb/s throughput." Your speed test probably looks completely fine. But if the ISP modem's built-in firewall is interfering with this game traffic, or some other condition in the ISP is causing this particular traffic to be dropped after a period of time or something, it could be the reason why the problem shows on both computers.

Only "bringing someone else's computer that doesn't have an issue to your house", or taking one of your computers to someone else's house, would rule that our for certain. Short of that, looking whether the administration menus for your ISP's modem lets you temporarily disable or change something to "just pass the traffic through without inspection" might possibly help confirm, if the issue disappears once you disable the modem's filtering of traffic. Not saying that's how you would want to run long-term; it would just confirm the modem is apparently dropping some of the packets involved here.

-Trench
Ninja2014
United States of America

Post by Ninja2014 »

Hmm, I think you're right! I might call my service provider tomorrow. I also have issues at times with Windows Update where if I'm downloading something it will start then stop at 34% or something like that. I have to pause/un-pause several times when I notice the percentage stop in order for it to fully download a program or update. If I don't pause/un-pause it will come back with an error code. Also can't seem to update to Windows 10...keep getting a Code 80072EFE. Thanks Trench!
Ninja2014
United States of America

Post by Ninja2014 »

Seeee??!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ninja2014
United States of America

Post by Ninja2014 »

New!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mali Mrav
Croatia

Post by Mali Mrav »

ninja try this maybe u have a virus in pb
https://virusscan.jotti.org/en-US/files ... 4oqpbw9nzm
Silent Assassin