Clarification: chasing into main

Thonger

Clarification: chasing into main

Post by Thonger »

Ok, so I know we've had this longstanding exception to not attacking the uncap, that is, you're allowed to "chase" an enemy player back into main. I've always interpreted this as, you were already firing upon this player outside the main, he turned tail and ran into main, hoping you'd not chase him in.

Tonight I got killed by a player who only fired upon me while I was in the main. His claim was, that he saw me go into main, so he chased me there, and killed me over the uncap. If this is, indeed, part of the chasing definition, then what's to stop a player from seeing you from afar go into main to reload or heal, like say, and then kill you when you've stopped moving?

Would be cool if we could clarify this rule and add it to our rules section.
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Re: Clarification: chasing into main

Post by Trench »

There is no "fired upon" clause that I'm aware of. Returning to main simply doesn't provide protection. The "problem" for the player doing the chasing is that he does have to only kill /you/, else he'll be base camping. Can think of several reasons for someone to be chasing without firing until they have the shot.

At least to my eye the rules already state clearly that players returning to main are legal targets. Also note emphasis on "ANY":
EA117 Server Rules wrote:Can I follow a player into his main and kill him?

Yes, this rule is generally used for pilots but is not limited to them, If a player leaves his main and returns to repair or get more ammo he is still a legal target by ANY of the opposing team. Keep in mind thou that you cannot proceed to kill anyone else and if you do you may be warned or kicked.
Thonger

Post by Thonger »

OK gotcha. Didn't know, that's my bad.

Just FYI, I've always gone by these rules:
http://www.ea117dcfanfavorites.com/view ... ?f=62&t=38

Never saw that other rule listing before. Now I know.
fluffy

Post by fluffy »

:D