Now what? Banned

IrishLincoln

Now what? Banned

Post by IrishLincoln »

Okay, I apparently just got banned. I'm interested to hear this one.
I was in the lower flag below the main firing at icebox who was on the red team on Lost Village.
I saw that I was kicked for camping, which I wasn't doing. Icebox kept coming down to that flag that I was defending and I was firing at him (ask him). I also believe I took a few shots at TexMex (ask him) who was firing at me as well. He was on the hill near the lake around the boulders.
I fired at a player, who I believed to be Icebox coming over the sandbags out of the main down to the flag I was defending. That's what I saw and I fired at him. Next thing I know I killed Reyalp and I get a ban when I look at the chat.

You can't camp uncap mains. How many times do I warn new guys who don't know about this?
I know this, so why the trigger happy ban? No explanation, no reason, just BAM! Banned. No chance to talk or explain. Nothing.

There was a poor assumption made here and if I did something that was misconstrued, then....
If I fired inside the main, then I miscalculated. I had a shotgun. If that's what happened, then sorry.

If I hit someone or fired too far in, then I apologize. Mistake, which also begs the question why you didn't ask what happened? "What's up Irish?". Pretty easy. And don't give me the excuse of I was in-game...no time to discuss...etc. You're admin. It's your job! Talk to people instead of just flip a ban on someone playing. It's just disappointing and getting old.
There is a definite LACK OF COMMUNICATION. TALK TO PEOPLE. Communicate with people. Ask them why? What's up? Why did you do that? Get an explanation. Understand mistakes. Not everyone is out to get you. Explain rules, etc. It's not that hard. I did it for years on ATF and the original Firepoint server when this game came out. Not sure why you guys feel so hellbent on firing that ban switch every chance you get with no due process or discussion. And don't pull that "you know the rules". We all know the rules and we also make mistakes.

It was not my intent. That's all.

*EDIT- I realized I should have put this in the unban request. It's here.
S.O.S
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Re: Now what? Banned

Post by S.O.S »

Talking means nothing when people don't listen. A few days on the bench is the best medicine.

I was well inside the sandbags in red main when you killed me. To be sure you were firing at me, I stood still and it took you 4 or 5 shots for the job. You do know you can only kill the shooters in uncap, right? After all the years administrating the server, I really have no interest to baby-sit by repeating the few rules every time there's an incident. How old are you? If younger than 15, stay away from shooting games. If older, you should have already learned how not to get booted from the time you have spent here. Behave or be gone.
IrishLincoln

Post by IrishLincoln »

Pretty much the reply I expected. Mature and professional as always.

"Talking means nothing when people don't listen". Try it sometime. It works. Assumptions = bad.

You're always right and everyone else is always wrong. Not a way to admin.

I was being honest and you had to attack me like a child (read above). If you can't listen to people and control your emotions then you have no business being admin. If it is too much stress for you and you want to enjoy playing the game, then hang it up. No big deal. Maybe I should ask your age? Lose the power trip you you'll gain respect around here. Seriously, I honestly don't get you.

You and only you are the only admin on EA that I, and many others, have ever had problems with. The only two times I was banned was you. The only times I have been kicked have been you. You never warn, you never talk, you just hit that switch because you apparently get off on the power trip. My guess at least. Sorry, If I am wrong. I never had any issues with Rye, Father, Trench, SC, etc. Those guys are solid by the book and communicate in chat with no attitudes. You just have a serious attitude problem (or that's how you come across. See your reply.). I don't get it.
Who can anyone complain to? Will any admin step up and say you have issues on this server and forum with your attitude and the way you deal with admin issues? Not sure.

Like I said, I had a shotgun and I saw a guy at the sandbags who I thought had come over. That is what I saw and obviously I was mistaken. He looked like a sniper who stopped to fire at me and I fired at him. That's what happened. I had no intent to "camp" like you assumed. You stood still (now I know it was you) and I thought you were stopping to fire at me and I shot you. I thought you were outside of the main coming down.

Now I know the reason and only reason you stopped is you saw an opportunity to snag a ban and you did it. You made sure it happened so you could hit that switch. You're a ban/kick hunter. That's just who you are.

Good communication and respect works. Bad attitudes and power trips don't.
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

IrishLincoln wrote:And don't pull that "you know the rules". We all know the rules and we also make mistakes.
I'm pulling the "you know the rules." You know the rules. And a short-term ban is what happens when you know what the rules are and violate them anyway.

No one is thinking "oh, they [insert any long-term player here] just needed a warning to know they were shooting at main." You knew you were shooting at main. You just weren't being careful enough, and did hit people who were not shooting out. It's not a matter of "I'm allowed to shoot at the main, so occasionally I'll be wrong and should be forgiven." It's a matter of "I'm not allowed shoot at main, so when I do, I'd better be right, else it's just me doing exactly what's against the rules."

Don't shoot; go play the map. Spawn sniper; shoot anything you want. Stand out of sight, and draw the players out to your flag. You have options; you just gambled on the riskiest one and lost.

Just spawn in main to stand still to see who shoots and kills you? Damn straight that's how it works. That's not "a power trip", and I disagree and believe you are wrong on that point. We're not here to admin, we're here to play.

Your team is getting pushed back, or you keep getting hit or hearing complaints about the uncap, so out of frustration you pause your assault and just stand there like a human weather vane to see which direction the main attacks are coming from. Whomever shoots / grenades / knifes you gets the ban, unless it seems like they're new. And then you don't give it even a second thought and get back to playing, because your team is still down, the ticket count is still dropping, they already knew what the rules were, and you're here to play, not babysit.

We all have our own varied communication style, each of which I'm sure is flawed in multiple ways. Or at least I'm sure mine is. Communication doesn't seem to be the failure in this case though. Wanting more communication is fine, but that's not the same as being necessary. Everyone saw the reason for the ban when it was issued, including you. Anyone who had questions can come here and ask, which you did. The banning admin can respond with detail, which he has. For something as trivial as a temporary ban in an online game, I think the communication is pretty good.

If you have a problem with me or any admin that you think isn't being addressed, Swanny-CG is probably the best final authority in such matters. He'd likely defer back to the admins who are actually still playing and active on most issues, but he's the one with his finger on the big red button.

See you back out there soon.

-Trench
S.O.S
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by S.O.S »

Thanks Trench for the detailed reply. Right on target.

To IrishLincoln. You were caught red-handed but responded by calling me abusing my admin power. That's pretty mature. I may be harsher than other admins in dealing with rule violators, but all my kicks and bans are justified. Not going to waste more of my time arguing with you. Sit the ban out, and be very careful when you come back. Don't give me another chance to flip the switch.
IrishLincoln

Post by IrishLincoln »

Trench, I can see where you are coming from, but to consistently argue for all admins that they can never do any wrong is fairly ridiculous. I explained what happened in this forum. The admin misinterpreted what occurred as me intending to camp the main and fire within, which, as I said before, was NOT my intent.
As usual, the admins are always right and the players are always wrong. Anyone who comes here for due process is told "No, You are wrong. The rules! We are right! Now, be gone. Here's a threat." Same old.
God forbid you give a second to talk about it during game in chat to clarify. Heck, if you want more paperwork, then by all means.

You said "We're not here to admin, we're here to play.". If you are here to play, then play and hang up the admin if it is too much trouble. That's not my problem if it's too much. I've been there as admin and it isn't easy and sometimes it isn't fun, but that is part of taking the admin tag. Complain to the boss man.

and this: It's not a matter of "I'm allowed to shoot at the main, so occasionally I'll be wrong and should be forgiven." It's a matter of "I'm not allowed shoot at main, so when I do, I'd better be right, else it's just me doing exactly what's against the rules."

Did you read anything I wrote? I never said I was allowed to shoot at the main. I know the rules. YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO SHOOT AT THE MAIN. I know this. Re-read what I wrote. You are bending the scenario to fit your needs and backup the admins as usual. I told you all that I was firing at a guy I THOUGHT WAS BEYOND THE MAIN sandbags. I made a mistake and hit a guy (S.O.S.) in the main with my shotgun. What do you guys not get about that? I had a shotgun and I miscalculated due to poor view distance. I thought I was good, but it didn't turn out that way. I wasn't taking a gamble because I wasn't gambling. I sincerely thought I was engaging a guy outside the main. End of story.
It has nothing to do about the debate of shooting in, at , around, above, inside, or outside the main.
The issue was I thought he was outside moving down and I saw him stop. From that distance with a shotgun I miscalculated his location. You all called it breaking a rule because you are saying you could care less what I say, I am a liar, and "bwuhahaha feel my all-powerful admin wrath". That's pretty much how it comes across.

Standing there in the main as admin just waiting for someone to shoot you in order to ban them is definitely NOT how it works. If you are here to play, then that is definitely NOT playing now is it? If you are not here to admin like you say, then don't stand around waiting to hit the ban. The "I gotta catch 'em" trigger happy ban scenario is unreal. No wonder you guys are so stressed. Are you getting paid to do this or is it a hobby?

The scenario you cited above is a uncap base camping, which is reasonable that you'd find the camper or person who doesn't know the rules. No kidding. But, that wasn't the scenario I was in and it sure wasn't what I did.
It seems if you'd hear anyone out regarding the situation it would be a long-time player. I'd think, "hey, that guy has played here a few years, so maybe he made a mistake. I'm going to ask him about it in chat".
Apparently that is too difficult for you guys. It wasn't for me as an admin, but why give someone the benefit of the doubt? Ban! Ban! Ban!

But just so I am on the same page: There's no proper forum to communicate issues where admins will listen and take into account a player's experience. All players are liars and nothing they can say will ever make a difference. The player is always wrong and the admin is always right. All players will all be instantly banned and then must come here to be ridiculed, even if they are right or wrong. There's no reason to even discuss any of this because it is not debatable and the admins will never provide due process for misinterpreted events.

Got it. Thanks for your viewpoint on this Trench.
-------------------------
And S.O.S. AKA Default AKA Reyalp,

"Don't give me another chance to flip the switch."

Maturity would be not to threaten needlessly. I wasn't caught "red handed". You simply banned before you even heard me out because you get off on the power trip. As soon as you entered the ban I realized what happened and thought "oh crap", but you never let anyone have a chance to explain anything. You made a poor assumption on what you think happened because you refuse to hear anyone out. You didn't even give me a chance to tell you what happened, but when I come on here it's the old "I'm right, you're wrong".

I would also call that abusing your admin power, which you all to often do. Use tact, not threats and intimidation against players. You've lost any respect I had for you, which wasn't much to begin with. I play by the rules. My intent was never to break any rule. I never thought "Ha ha ha! I'm going to sneakily shoot into the main."
This is why players question and clarify. There's nothing wrong with talking in chat. It's your job to answer respectably and not be condescending. Simply: Try being decent.
So, yes, considered yourself called out on it. You're too quick to flip the switch and always make assumptions. When I admined there were several cases where I messed up and I asked the admins to review the situation and I admitted "Woops. I was to quick on the draw or now that I hear what happened...". But you, never. You're perfect in every way.
Some of your bans are not justified, maybe in your own mind because you can't admit you are trigger happy on the console. You do abuse your power and aren't too keen on bearing either.
In my opinion you don't have the maturity or emotional control to be a good admin.

That's all I have to say. See you in game
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

Well, I tried to find something we could agree upon in your latest response. Alas, there is no part of what you responded back with which seems to have correctly interpreted anything that was being said. Since a simple 3-day base camping ban has already used up all the time this warrants, I'll simply say "No, that's not what I was saying" and leave it at that. See you back in there.

-Trench
S.O.S
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by S.O.S »

Reminds me of a heated discussion we had sometime back. Some people are just not to be talked through, therefore I'll simply rely on the power switch to get my message through.