Admin Abuse Reyalp = Player

Ninja2014
United States of America

Admin Abuse Reyalp = Player

Post by Ninja2014 »

Can we please remove Reyalp = Player as an admin. He is way abusive with his rights as an admin. Kicking players for crazy reasons. I know people have submitted posts about his quick reactions to kick players and I believer he's the worst admin to date! He kicked me today because one of the players texted "Fuck you Trench". I then responded Disrespecting an admin will get you kicked, especially Reyalp = Player. Then he asked if "I had a probem". I said "Are you on your period". Then he kicked me. Was that comment disrespecting??? If so, I'm sorry was just kidding. I just think he abuses his POWER/RIGHT as an admin to just kick players for silly reasons. It's not like this game has thousands of players. So limited the few we have to being kicked for being silly. Just my thoughts. Anyone agree?
sanchez
El Salvador

Re: Admin Abuse Reyalp = Player

Post by sanchez »

I am the player who told FU to Trench, I don't know who are the administrators on the game because I don't pay attention to that, I just respect everyone the same. For what happened today I apologized to Trench before I disconnected two maps later. Again getting banned is the last thing I want, I have been playing with you guys for a while and tried to stay out of trouble all the time.
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

Well obviously I was there, and I don't think you're on the right side of this issue. Meaning no, I don't agree.

Any admin would kick if they felt like they were being intentionally disrespected, including Reyalp.

You saying "you'll get kicked, especially if it's Reyalp" is just you intentionally needling Reyalp. You saying "Are you on your period?" is just you intentionally disrespecting Reyalp after he asked whether you were having an issue in response to the needling.

It was a kick. Just a kick. A appropriate, proportional response. If you don't like it, if you want those 60 seconds of your life back, then don't needle the admin you know won't take any shit from you and then follow it up with "What, are you on your period?" Doesn't come across friendly in The Departed, doesn't come across friendly here.

-Trench
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

sanchez wrote:For what happened today I apologized to Trench before I disconnected two maps later.
I had already forgotten about it, and didn't even realized what you were apologizing for. :)

But thanks, and it's not something I took as any kind of personal attack in context. You received the automatic language warning from the server, and that was good enough for me given the situation.

Do keep in mind though, it's not just admins that we want to show respect to around here. Everybody knows an F-bomb among buddies doesn't mean anything, but it's not something we want thrown around on this server even between players, let alone directed at admins doing their job.

So even if it wasn't me, pick something more PG-13 next time. Yippie Ki-Yeah, Mr. Falcon.

-Trench
S.O.S
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by S.O.S »

The reasons behind those kicks/bans are the "crazy" rule we have here. Don't like them, find another server. I don't know what others think of the comment you made, it felt offensive to me hence the kick. You should feel lucky that I didn't bench you for 3 days as I normally would do. Not a fan for the lame jokes you throw around. So don't aim them at me or you will lose your game time at next incident. I try my best to keep the game clean. Keep the dirty thoughts to yourself.
pistol

Post by pistol »

While we're on the kicking subject, anyone know who booted me for teamstacking toward the end of al nas a night or two ago?

I was autoswitched to Blue, fought for a minute as a blue, then saw red had fewer players and switched back. Then I got booted, and lost my top 3 status :cry:

Didn't "stack", I made sure there were fewer players on red. Figured that was fine.
Mali Mrav
Croatia

Post by Mali Mrav »

thats true what is pistol saing i was with him in red team
Silent Assassin
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

pistol wrote:While we're on the kicking subject, anyone know who booted me for teamstacking toward the end of al nas a night or two ago?
For better or for worse the rule is "Can I switch teams? No. Please play on the team the server puts you on." There is no "yes, you can switch teams when you want to" clause, since any manual switching would just further fight the auto-balance, and allow those who are careless to simply switch whenever they want.

Auto-balance is on. The teams will be evened, without any manual switching.

-Trench
Hav3n
United States of America

Post by Hav3n »

3 thoughts:

1) Changing teams is playing with fire. You're technically never supposed to do it.

2) SOS has been developing a reputation as a harsh admin it seems. Despite my wayward past (at times) I don't think he actually ever banned me after the big chat spam kerfuffle a couple three years ago. Some warnings, but he always struck me as a reliably robotic (I use this is the best sense) and consistent admin. But maybe he is taking a harder line now, but doesn't sound like it.

3) DC is not the only game out there. Because EA117 is pretty much the last best server for DC, you're painted into a corner playing here should something go wrong. Server goes down. Admin bans you without warning. Whatever. Buying some other games will bring balance to the force and to your life. I really really enjoy having DC on EA117 being one of many options.
S.O.S
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by S.O.S »

To pistol:

I kicked you fro team switching. As Trench pointed out, jumping back to your original team after being auto-switched is NOT allowed. Check the updated server rules. Besides, your move made red with 2 extra players. Double checked before the kick. So stick where the server puts you, no matter how hard you worked for your starting team.
pistol

Post by pistol »

S.O.S wrote:To pistol:
Besides, your move made red with 2 extra players. Double checked before the kick. So stick where the server puts you, no matter how hard you worked for your starting team.
When I switched red had 1 fewer player. I wouldn't have otherwise. I HATE teamstackers and applaud admins for kicking them. If someone left the server from blue after that, so be it. But I didn't unbalance the teams.

And yeah I won't switch from now on (unless someone is 2 or more players down. then I'll lend a helping hand)