Humble Request For Neo and Trench

HairyRussianDude
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Canada

Humble Request For Neo and Trench

Post by HairyRussianDude »

I'm enjoying the new map rotation. Getting to play some favorites that haven't been ran in awhile!
However I have a few small mod requests for maps that should totally stay in rotation, perhaps neo could help?
- Berlin CTF: Could this be modded to add ladders and planks on the buildings to take the battle to the rooftops? Also, remove the 50 cals in the allied main and alley or add 50s to the axis base. I have always felt this is an unfair advantage in CTF mode (not cq, needed in cq) as the allied base is a long alley while there are entrances on all sides of the axis base. Planks would also add an extra means of sneaking into the bases. And at your discretion, perhaps turning off c4 may be a good idea if planks were to be added. I feel Berlin CTF is the staple map on this server and best seeder and worth investing a few tweaks into.
- El Al CQ and CTF: Miniguns on humvees at the unflagged "towns". Turbo humvees on CTF.
- Basrah CTF: Add ladders to the middle wall to allow access to the axis tunnel. Another situation where one base has one (kind of two) entrance(s) and is easy to defend while the other has 3. This is another good map to keep population up and worth investing into.
- Stalingrad CQ: For as long as I've played 1942, the setup where the mains are at the train depots and the center rail flag has moved to the traditional allied main has always always always worked better.
- Ish CTF: Its a goddamn awesome map. Change nothing.
- Bulge CQ: Move the windmill flag to the top of the hill where the "abandoned" base is. Add a couple of tanks, mounted 50s, and an aa. The church flag is close to the allied base but its easy to lob explosives from the allied main on top of their hill. The windmill flag is overlooking the axis main and is too easy to lob explodey things down from. The uphill battle makes for a good last stand if the allied main is lost.
- Al Nas CTF: Move out of bounds enough to allow trucks to swing around the back of the bases again. I feel more means on ingress to a main in any CTF mode makes for a more exciting game. Al Nas CTF is also up there with Berlin for being a great seeding map. Probably needs more camels too.

Aaaaaaaand Bragg CTF was not included in the new rotation. Should have been.
Thank you for the consideration!
TheoNeo
Netherlands

Re: Humble Request For Neo and Trench

Post by TheoNeo »

Some real nice idea's you've written there, Hairy :)

I must dissapoint you on the idea of adding "visible" ladders and other props tho:
Modding maps serverside does not enable the placement of new or re-location of existing props in a map,
in short: Yes, you could add ladders and a elaborate wooden walkway system on Berlin,
but no players would be able to see it. It would still have collision physics tho, so you *could* climb the ladder and walk the walkway... if you would happen to know where they are in the first place :D

Yes, verhicles and stationary weapons can be moved / deleted / added .
May I suggest the PKM stationary or (1942) MG-42 on DCF maps?
The MG-42 has a cool new sound in DC Final, prrrrrrr :)

Dont forget the possibility of adding stationary artillary pieces, like allready deployed Mortars guns, stationary howitsers (like in Liberation of Caen), or just add a artillary tank, and immobilize it - leaving just the firing abbility - thus rendering it stationary !

There are allot of cool possibilities with a SSM,
the idea's you've posted might work for some. For others, they might not. Keep that in mind.

Anyways i apprieciate your effort and input.
I can not speak for the admins, cos im not one of them - lol! :D
but I think it goes to show that our fanbase wants to keep this game allive, and I love what I'm seeing !
;)

I'll post some idea's of my own tomorrow-night.

Greetings from Holland.
TheoNeo
BF Pirates: All Pirates be stealin' that Treasure, Arrrr !!

Galactic Conquest: Face me, Rebel scum !

Ask not what your Team can do for you | Ask what YOU can do for your Team !
Creamy

Post by Creamy »

Perhaps Berlin CTF could be modded similar to the Ukraine DC server, where there are spawn points added to the rooftops surrounding your flag. Always liked that mod
HairyRussianDude
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Canada

Post by HairyRussianDude »

I understand what you are saying. I remember back in the day having to download "patches" to play on some servers to see their mods. I think at this point in the game's life, having to download patches would hurt more than help.
As much as I'd love to see it, I'm willing to admit it might not be feasible to have invisible planks in Berlin. But for Basrah, is it possible to move a couple of the existing ladders? Would they be seen?
I like Creamy's suggestion for Berlin, but the trick is being able to get at a guy laying prone on the rooftop. You might have to spawn multiple times as a sniper before you get the random spawn to take out a guy at the enemy base. Worth keeping this idea in mind though.
Creamy

Post by Creamy »

Download patches? I played against him today without needing to download him. Rude! :D
TheoNeo
Netherlands

Post by TheoNeo »

I know i'm late on this, but my idea's will be presented shortly !! :D

TheoNeo
Netherlands

Post by TheoNeo »

I'm still waiting with doing this thing I said, ufgggg :x
I'll look into it tonight ! :)

Nuno
Portugal

Post by Nuno »

Just a quick word to support the idea of the original poster about Stalingrad. Having the mains on each train warehouse works great on CTF (amazing games), and would probably improve game-play on conquest too. And having a neutral base where the current blue main is would expand the map. Having the blue main there just unbalances the map. Instead, having a base you can conquer there, would place both teams on equal ground, and that area of the map, which is never used for close quarters combat, would suddenly be open for business! And both teams would have similar mains, and the distances to the shared bases would be identical.

Then you could also setup a CTF version with those same placements for the mains...