new update for dc dc final?

Mali Mrav
Croatia

new update for dc dc final?

Post by Mali Mrav »

hey trench i found this on mod db and this might be an update for existing mods that we play

http://www.moddb.com/mods/desert-combat ... tion-fixes

check it out and say ur opinion

and if u know tell me where to add this i knwo where to add objects and animations but other files
Silent Assassin
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Re: new update for dc dc final?

Post by Trench »

It looks like something that would make sense if the server was playing/running DCX. But since we're running DC .7 and DC_Final, you can "get the fix" he's talking about by simply voting for a DC_Final map instead of .7.

Can't say that I've noticed (or at least not annoyingly so) any issue along these lines, but it could certainly be there. Modifying the game away from standard "just to fix this issue, and just to fix it on .7" seems like a high (or more specifically, unnecessary) risk for what seems like very low reward.

On an unrelated note,

Is it just me, or does the https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHxsjBmiAac "original to modded" demonstration actually just look the same as before? The visual result for me (fullscreen with YouTube pumping 1080p) looks like they just adjusted gamma and AA on their video card while playing the existing game, and not "the game textures are now HD / different than they were before." Their "after" looks like what I see playing right now.

-Trench
Mali Mrav
Croatia

Post by Mali Mrav »

its almost the same just like you said
but its still cool that people are making mods for this glory game :D :D :D
im waiting to see it and play it

and trench for this above where should i extract that other files do i need to code something or?
there are some animations and other files that i cant find in dc/dcf folders
wanna try to see if i can run it on my pc

im preparing to start my own lan BF42/DC/DCF/DCX and maybe some other mods just for fun
at my garage for us 8 friends so we can have fun killing each other
im not good at coding so i dont know how to mod a map
Neo send me some pdf files to start learning how to mod but it have to much story to read
so im stuck on there
so im gonna just start normal maps
and i could ask admins on russian servers for there server maps that are already modded
or could i ask here for some advice or modded server maps if u are willing to pass them to me
:D :D :P

and yea my english is still bad at writing but im learning
so u need to deal with my bad english :D :P
Silent Assassin
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

I would assume you just need to extract files to where ever their readme or instructions say to extract them to. I don't know where that is, because I've not downloaded this mod or looked for those instructions.

I'm not a BF1942 modder or map maker either, so have fun with that.

That's great to be setting up for a regular LAN party. I can remember back in Utah one of the guys we worked with was renovating his house around the same time we were all into BF1942, and so his basement actually ended up with high-amp power and CAT-5 drops from the ceiling, along with a proper networking closet and rack. He could setup tables for 12 - 20 people in the middle of the room without any cables running across the floor. Fun times.

-Trench
Mali Mrav
Croatia

Post by Mali Mrav »

if there was a read me file i woudnt ask here
and on mod db there is no description so im forced to ask here
you are the only ppl that i can ask these kind of thing becouse i dont know any modder in croatia

we are gonna make one test night to see if ppl still like it
then we can think about future lan party :D hehe
still would like to have some maps so i dont need to mod them and etc...

i have some great suggestion but im not in power to achieve them
so im in the dark
hehe
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Silent Assassin