My Custom Maps Updates

BangBangOw<CP*SF>
United States of America

Re: Behold! Oasis Takeover!

Post by BangBangOw<CP*SF> »

Why Thank you Texas!

I love the Garth Brooks quote you made. Went along perfectly with DC :)
BangBangOw<CP*SF>
United States of America

New Map Release: Tears of the Sun

Hello all,

Here is my latest custom map release. It's based off of the movie Tears of the Sun 03' . It's a push map based in Nigeria against Boko Haram terrorist's.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BangBangOw<CP*SF>
United States of America

Re: New Map Release: Tears of the Sun

Pics PT. 2
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BangBangOw<CP*SF>
United States of America

Pics Pt. 3
BangBangOw<CP*SF>
United States of America

Push map featuring; custom textures, push order for flags, custom skybox and jungle sounds, Boko Haram flags and skins for Iraq, and much much more.

The 20 people that played this map loved it. I'm sure you will too! :)
BangBangOw<CP*SF>
United States of America

Re: My Custom Maps Updates

New Map: Zero Dark Thirty

Small CQ map based off of the Osama Bin Laden Raid and movie "Zero Dark thirty".

Map Features a small complex area. US Navy Seals are granted two blackhawk helos, and a tunnel insertion spawn point.

Three flags, tunnels and underground included.

I tested this map 4v4 and we had an absolute blast. It favors small sizes, 10v10 is probably max.
BangBangOw<CP*SF>
United States of America

Pics pt 2
BangBangOw<CP*SF>
United States of America

Also, side note.

This is a Night map, but it's not a Basrah Nights type of dark, or a Operation Bragg Dark.

I balanced the "night theme" , with the "I can actually play this map without having a dark room". I know many players complain about night maps. Made adjustments so it's still very bright in places with a full moon night sky, while also giving the full "night raid" experience.
jolly_giada
Admin
Admin

Post by jolly_giada »

Looks fun; spend some of that time finishing the installer so we can play it!
BangBangOw<CP*SF>
United States of America

Have one proto type with logic that can find EA Games installs and Origin installs, need to figure out the "random folder" location.

Tuia is helping me, will see what we can come up with.
BangBangOw<CP*SF>
United States of America

Update on Future Map Making

Hello all.

I have finally finished all of my "starter" DC maps.

This Includes:

-Act of Valor
-Rescue Mission
-Alpine Incursion
-The Suck
-Oasis Takeover
-Zero Dark Thirty
-Tears of the Sun

Now that I've created a good map list for a starter pack so to speak.

My next map making adventure is going to include; Mini Campaigns with a set theme.

In each Campaign there will be 4 maps, to be played in a specific order, that have a good amount of historical accuracy.

Themes: 1. Desert 2. Jungle 3. Winter 4. Middle Eastern Urban

These will come out in the order above, and will include the 4 maps. My ultimate goal is to make sets of maps to be played on a set event night so to speak. "Desert Campaign Night". If you sorta understand what I'm going for here.

Currently Working on the Desert Mini Campaign.

Maps:

-Zahedan Offensive
-Ar Ramadi Offensive
-Mozul Offensive
-Irbil Offensive

Too be played in order, will consist of a mainly tank map, mainly infantry map, a map with every type of vehicle, then a tank helo mix.

Maps will be small, good enough for 20 or less players, but large enough to support 30+ ppl.
BangBangOw<CP*SF>
United States of America

Final Edition of Starter Maps & Installer Info

Hello all,

After been given permission by the admin team here at ea117, to select 4 maps to be brought into the server via my custom maps installer...

I went back and revamped the 4 maps that are going to be in the installer (99% sure these are the ones, unless last minute input by admin team).

Updates to the maps:

-Oasis Takeover: Had to take away objective mode, DC_Final is not very friendly with this mode. Works in CQ just fine.
*Fixed Custom ak74u errors, and crashes upon loading.

-Alpine Incursion: Revamped the Map, added 25 new custom textures, new custom minimap, special forces para spawns and much more. (SEE PICS)
*Fixed Ak74u errors

-Tears of the Sun: Added more custom textures, sounds.
*Fixed ak74u errors

-Zero Dark Thirty: Added a custom minimap, more custom textures, made the map a tad brighter for those with impaired vision.
*Fixed ak74u errors, and concrete texture error.

SEE pictures below for a few texture updates on these maps.
BangBangOw<CP*SF>
United States of America

Pics PT. 2
BangBangOw<CP*SF>
United States of America

Tears of the Sun Updates, and Zero Dark Thirty Updates.
BangBangOw<CP*SF>
United States of America

I am currently on my way out of town for the next month ish.

Installer with the 4 selected maps will be available at that time, or shortly after so stay tuned. It will be located in the official downloads thread.

These maps will be run in the later hours or before the main crowds on occasional nights, so that players without the maps won't be affected. They will not be in the map list to start off, and can only be run by an admin. There will be no "run Bang's maps" requests or map votes for these maps during primetime for the first little while after publishing the installer. This will be frowned upon by myself and the admin team here.

Once the majority of our regulars have installed the maps and we have some successful nights where we ran them... then we can progress to a more formal form of playing the maps and/or others as needed.

Thanks to all who have supported me and my custom map adventures. I guarantee you'll find some new maps refreshing and a good change up to this great and classic game.

Regards,

BangBangOw
HairyRussianDude
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Canada

Post by HairyRussianDude »

BangBangOw<CP*SF> wrote: May 20th, 2021, 11:21 am Kursk ctf (bang has a Ssm of this), Dc cornered ctf (bangs Ssm of this), Caen ctf (bang has Ssm of this), Kharkov ctf (bang has an Ssm of this), bulge ctf (bang has an Ssm of this).

I have created some ssm’s of other ctf maps that should be a good hit on here. I’ve made them for my community and ea117, I’ll share em when I get back in a week or so.
Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

Thanks for making these awesome maps. I haven't had a chance to look at them properly. You are pretty productive when it comes to map making, I have to say. It usually takes me like a couple months to make a map xd
BangBangOw<CP*SF>
United States of America

Black Mamba wrote: July 12th, 2021, 1:36 pm Thanks for making these awesome maps. I haven't had a chance to look at them properly. You are pretty productive when it comes to map making, I have to say. It usually takes me like a couple months to make a map xd
I've spent over 2,000 hours on:

7 maps fully done

4 maps 50% done

5-7 Maps with just the basics done so call it 25%
BangBangOw<CP*SF>
United States of America

Footage From BangBangOw's Custom Maps

Hello all,

If any of you are interested, this past weekend I hosted my custom DC maps, and one of the players kindly recorded the matches.

Here are the links if any of you wanted a sneak peak. Had a decent crowd, not the largest I've had but still was a fun day of DC. 8v8's at the peak.

Zero Dark Thirty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhzS7j0YUY8

Tears of the Sun: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpMBr7EZXWs

Oasis Takeover: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g90jx54iMRs

The Suck: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wVgdr5Cwsw

Phili CTF SSM: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AF9vD-5_QUY

Alpine Incursion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARvj5mFR3eA

Rescue Mission: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8dEF854rW4&t=11s

His Youtube channel has some quite interesting videos, however he was nice enough to post these from our event. He also filmed Caen CTF, might add that video here soon when he posts it.

Hopefully someday we can play these maps on here with you guys! :)

Thanks,

BangBangOw