Toning Down the Personal Insults

Demonic
Australia

Re: Toning Down the Personal Insults

Post by Demonic »

Screw the sniping duels..."knife fight behind red main!"
YES !!!...tho my ping is now higher than it used to be so i know i wont last :D...but it would have to be on the 7.0 LV map....for old times sake ;)

Totally agree Jolly.....lets return the server for its original purpose ( actually playing the freakin game, than filling the chat with nonsense )

Perhaps the fact we have a TS server and discord server, those who love to chat so much can go there, and keep the in game chat clear ?! just an idea.
both allow chat in text soooooo...

hell i might drag out my original name ( oh crap...i mentioned 'drag' and sarge prolly got all excited :D peace at ya bro >: D )
BROTHERS IN ARMS
tonawandares
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by tonawandares »

Demonic wrote:hell i might drag out my original name ( oh crap...i mentioned 'drag' and sarge prolly got all excited :D peace at ya bro >: D )
I quivered when you said that...

~ tona
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Post by Sarge 1/68th Armor »

Demonic wrote: December 26th, 2020, 7:34 pm hell i might drag out my original name ( oh crap...i mentioned 'drag' and sarge prolly got all excited :D peace at ya bro >: D )
Hardy, har, har. :D At least capitalize my name. Somehow it makes it all better. ;)

'Silver Lions" 1st Battalion, 68th Armor Regiment, 8th Infantry Division/
SFC. TANK CDR. M1A1....HUA!

With Great Speed
Demonic
Australia

Post by Demonic »

indeed 'Sarge' ;) lol

i know TS has an over lay for gaming, i cant recall if discord has one also....but if those or just one is used for everything other than game related chat, then game related chatting can be left alone on the server.

i am one who relies on the in game text ( who killed who etc ) but i also watch out for players messages " so and so is here or there "...." helo is up " etc etc....

its dam near impossible to do that on the server these days...i find myself having to hit the tilde key to catch what was said before it goes scrolling up the page lol

i know some have gone above and beyond to draw numbers back to the server, but i kind of liken this to a persons house....i doubt anyone would invite friends over to a house, if the house is a mess.

personal insults/attacks during game play just dont belong (friendly banter has always been, but there needs to be a line to not cross )

excessive chat/joke telling/personal conversations etc should be taken else where and not fill the game chat up

and perhaps us old school regs need to report offenders more often when admins arent on....this isnt a 'snitching' fest...if your old enough to drive a car, play with yourself, be married and have kids, have a full set of pubes (unless you shave down there ) be mindful of traffic when crossing the road ( unless you're drunk...like some are when the get on to play DC ) can speak a full sentence ( unless you're drunk ) then you should be old enough to know better than bend/break rules when there are no admins on...
BROTHERS IN ARMS
BlinkofanEye
United States of America

Post by BlinkofanEye »

Demonic wrote: December 27th, 2020, 10:41 am if your old enough to drive a car, play with yourself, be married and have kids, have a full set of pubes (unless you shave down there ) be mindful of traffic when crossing the road ( unless you're drunk...like some are when the get on to play DC ) can speak a full sentence ( unless you're drunk ) then you should be old enough to know better than bend/break rules when there are no admins on...
So you're saying that anything still goes if we're drunk?

YISSS
Vote for map al_nas?
Yes (7)
Yes (8)
Demonic
Australia

Post by Demonic »

So you're saying that anything still goes if we're drunk?
spoken like a true guilty party lol :D

i just had a sudden thought of 'Eewwing' ( played here years ago ) being shit faced on T.S and trying to go off on one of his rants when he got killed....lolol muhahahahahaha
BROTHERS IN ARMS
BlinkofanEye
United States of America

Post by BlinkofanEye »

Well you'll be relieved to know that I'm off the sauce.
Vote for map al_nas?
Yes (7)
Yes (8)
BangBangOw<CP*SF>
United States of America

Post by BangBangOw<CP*SF> »

Demonic, the feedback I get from new people that I bring is that, the maps are boring and that there’s not enough people playing lol.

They haven’t complained of the chatting or anything of that sort. They didn’t particularly like how we played mostly CTF maps, and the fact that the larger maps are rarely played due to our limited numbers. The one time we had 40 players and a bunch of the new recruits played... they loved it. We played el al CQ with the helo’s it was absolutely bonkers, also did urban siege with an above 30 crowd. If we had a larger base, fresh maps (can be a mix of lesser played maps, custom maps, and ssm’s)... then I think we would excel.

I’ve tried my best to get people into our server, will be having more ideas come out of the bag as time goes on...

Maybe my maps will be a hit, had 23 people play my maps one night on my own server, if I can get everyone on here to eventually get them; that could spark a new life into the server. 👍🏻

Also side note: Discord does overlay in game just like TS, since you weren’t sure. 😄
Otto Kontrol
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Otto Kontrol »

So based on the the above post, we should change the way and feel of the server to appease all the new players? Discount the regulars who come to play here every night because of the maps and battle modes? A lot us really like the CTF maps, that's why we keep playing here night after night. I vote we keep the server pretty much as is (with some tweaks here then again and people kinda keep chats to a few post or so. WE don't care about your fart if it takes more then 1 or 2 posts to describe it. Going on and on because your hammered is a bit annoying. Make some funny comments, have some fun, have SHORT jibes with each other but just play the game and don't kill me. I know I am gonna get hammered for this but I am old so fuck it!

oTTo
BlinkofanEye
United States of America

Post by BlinkofanEye »

Otto camps too much
We should all chat in haikus
Confiscate Brain's booze
Vote for map al_nas?
Yes (7)
Yes (8)
BlinkofanEye
United States of America

Post by BlinkofanEye »

BTW guys, what is the official requirement to get into the grumpy old EA117 regular club? Like do I have to reach a certain age, play a certain number of years, or what?
Vote for map al_nas?
Yes (7)
Yes (8)
BangBangOw<CP*SF>
United States of America

So Otto, would you like to play some maps with 40 people ... which can very well be CTF...

We’re not changing anything, I was just inputting the fact that a lot of people look for more conquest style maps... rather than close quarters CTF over and over. Along with the fact they didn’t complain about the chitter chatter or insults at all.

Don’t get me wrong I love nas and Berlin ctf but they do get repetitive... seeing new maps, whether ssm’s or custom downloaded ones... would be a great refresher in my opinion. It’s been 20 years for some of you guys and I’m sure you’ve mastered Berlin by now lol. 😄
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Post by Sarge 1/68th Armor »

BlinkofanEye wrote: December 28th, 2020, 5:20 pm BTW guys, what is the official requirement to get into the grumpy old EA117 regular club? Like do I have to reach a certain age, play a certain number of years, or what?
It's invite only. You can only dream about it.

'Silver Lions" 1st Battalion, 68th Armor Regiment, 8th Infantry Division/
SFC. TANK CDR. M1A1....HUA!

With Great Speed
BlinkofanEye
United States of America

Post by BlinkofanEye »

And boy are those dreams wet
Vote for map al_nas?
Yes (7)
Yes (8)
BlinkofanEye
United States of America

Post by BlinkofanEye »

Or can you geysers still...yknow...”discharge?”
Vote for map al_nas?
Yes (7)
Yes (8)
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

Yeah, we "can", but it's more like seeing a quarter-pound of dry sand slowly spill out of a Sphinx....
BangBangOw<CP*SF>
United States of America

Trench wrote: December 29th, 2020, 8:10 pm Yeah, we "can", but it's more like seeing a quarter-pound of dry sand slowly spill out of a Sphinx....
That gave me a good past midnight chuckle 🤣
HairyRussianDude
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Canada

Post by HairyRussianDude »

Trench wrote: December 29th, 2020, 8:10 pm Yeah, we "can", but it's more like seeing a quarter-pound of dry sand slowly spill out of a Sphinx....
At least the Mrs. has a chance to react when a wild shot heads towards her face.
tonawandares
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by tonawandares »

Any more, I'm like..."I think I can...I think I can..." nah, I can't...maybe next time"

~ tona
tonawandares
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by tonawandares »

Just as a reminder to all:

Yesterday Crash decided to call someone he believed to be an admin a "fag" and then disconnected.
Because Crash already has a history here and has had his access removed for the same issue previously, his access to the game server has been removed again.
Although maybe directing it at an admin should have made things worse, it's really beside the point, and in this case the person wasn't even an admin, he just thought it was.

Please remember that personal or offensive insults on this server — as well as any racial, homophobic or religious slurs — will not be tolerated, to help keep our fun here as enjoyable as possible for everyone.

~ tona