Summer Maps

HairyRussianDude
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Canada

Summer Maps

Post by HairyRussianDude »

With Covid restrictions lifting and summer rolling up, there is likely going to be a drop in population on the server for the next little while.

We believe in "majority rules" and choice so we do not want to take away voting options by editing/limiting the rotation, so I would like to ask you the players which maps/modes you would like to see ran should we take the reigns during low population evenings.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease!
BangBangOw<CP*SF>
United States of America

Re: Summer Maps

Post by BangBangOw<CP*SF> »

Berlin Ctf, Bridge Ctf, Nas Ctf, weapon bunkers cq, urban ctf.

Gazala ctf is probably still fine if you hit 7v7, but lately I think the server was below 10 ppl.

HRD - Moved SSM announcements to custom maps thread.
sanchez
El Salvador

Post by sanchez »

I have not played in this server for a while now and is not because of the time of the year or the lifting of covid restrictions. A while ago while in game when the map changed to Gazala I commented that that map was only enjoyed by a few people, to which one player responded that I should go to another server if I did not like it, I told the guy to STFU and some other not nice words then I was told by an adm to go somewhere else with that, so I did. honestly, I played here no just for the game I thought I was playing with friends. another thing the voting system, when you have 20 players and 14 voted for a map and it did not pass, then the majority does not rule. but as somebody said better play with a few good players than with a lot of shit disturbers, there you have it. I will still come sometimes, Bangbang has invited me to his new maps so I will come when they are included.
HairyRussianDude
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Canada

Post by HairyRussianDude »

The STFU is what won't get you anywhere good my friend. Your grievance at that time is completely fair, but bring it to the forum.

Voting likely is not going to change. We had it set lower, and all that happened was constant map votes and changes. There were nights where we couldn;t even get through a single round without a vote interrupting the map. This brought on a slew of complaints as well. So, a percentage has to be picked and a high one was picked so that majority indeed rules on that decision. In your example, 14 players is not the 15 needed to make that vote happen. It is what it is.

The point of my post is to gauge which maps you guys want to see while we are slow. I'm personally willing to lean towards them this summer, but you all need to be vocal.
sanchez
El Salvador

Post by sanchez »

run Cu Chi or Lao Valley I will run back to EA117
tonawandares
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by tonawandares »

sanchez wrote: May 22nd, 2021, 11:29 pm run Cu Chi or Lao Valley I will run back to EA117
Never heard of those maps.

~ tona
sanchez
El Salvador

Post by sanchez »

BangBangOw<CP*SF>
United States of America

Post by BangBangOw<CP*SF> »

The only way that would happen sanch would be for me to make it lol, then put them on here.