Lol

'Silver Lions" 1st Battalion, 68th Armor Regiment, 8th Infantry Division/
SFC. TANK CDR. M1A1....HUA!

With Great Speed
Derick Vinyard
United States of America

Re: For the LOVE OF GOD, ftk!

Post by Derick Vinyard »

CrAtE wrote:Neon would be great Sarge, youd be surprised how many times I type where they are and call out "Ive spotted mines over here!" or "its te cha fenua!" and often have the same guy hit them twice :29:
I suggest maybe having a server message that says something along the lines of "To forgive a tk: hit "~" and type "ftk"

I also often get no ftk love when someone runs in front of me as I am firing...or runs over my mines...or runs in front of me as I am taking off in a jet. I apologize even if it is not my fault/unavoidable. So goes a public server.

Good thing I am never on Crate's team!

-Derick
Swanny-CG
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Swanny-CG »

I added it, we'll see if it displays correctly.
Derick Vinyard
United States of America

Post by Derick Vinyard »

Nice! Thanks Swanny!
CrAtE

Post by CrAtE »

cool Swanny thanks! and lol @ Derick
SuperTesla
United States of America

Post by SuperTesla »

Thanks Swanny!

The FTK command seems to be unknown by a lot of people in BF/DC. I didn't even know about it until I came to EA117 last year, to be honest.
Long live Catpantsia!

BF player since 2003
Derick Vinyard
United States of America

Post by Derick Vinyard »

The server message looks good Swanny.

We all really appreciate it (especially Team Killing Crate)!

-Derick
mistamontiel
Cuba

Post by mistamontiel »

For the love of God , GET RID OF IT !

A DAMN ptk should be BY-CHOICE , absolutely 99% of the time when I screw up I'll see a "np" yadayada and no ftk , er I'll die shortly after and then it's too late

Why are we going out of our way all the time to fiddle in console .. it makes no xense
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Post by Sarge 1/68th Armor »

There many players that tk to get a plane of the .50. Personal vendettas would go unchecked. FTK works. If there was no FTK Cheese and I would have the most kills on each other.

'Silver Lions" 1st Battalion, 68th Armor Regiment, 8th Infantry Division/
SFC. TANK CDR. M1A1....HUA!

With Great Speed
fromage

Post by fromage »

Sarge 1/68th Armor wrote:There many players that tk to get a plane of the .50. Personal vendettas would go unchecked. FTK works. If there was no FTK Cheese and I would have the most kills on each other.
I would of course win. You'd be too busy fumbling around with your fapples.
Nuno
Portugal

Post by Nuno »

I FTK pretty much all the time. It helps the team. A short spawn time can place your team mate at the right spot (and time) to prevent your team's flag from being taken, or to prevent a base from turning white, or whatever. I only don't FTK whenever I know it was on purpose, or the other guy died before I had the time to type.

I don't care who TKed me either. I don't keep that kind of score, or do a mental black list. But I'm a team player. A lot of the players are not. They just park their virtual asses on one of their favorite kill spots, and ignores the fact that we're losing a base within their reach. Or there's 4x4, or something like that, and they pick the sniper kit. Guys that play like that, just for themselves, don't care about FTKing because they have no concern for the team effort. It's a shame, since the game can get pretty epic when it's played with a common goal.

Imagine how a football match would be if only half of the team cared about the game... One guy mooning the opposite team's bench, 2 guys laying flat around the pitch, hoping to trip a player (any player!), another one running around like an idio,,, well, that's usually me, but I'll be trying to be productive too! You get the picture.
Trench
Admin
Admin
United States of America

Post by Trench »

The top post has been updated with a more illustrative example of what it takes to successfully FTK.
        The URL http://ea117.com/ftk has also been created as a shortcut for reaching these instructions. So that when someone is unclear on how to FTK, you can type "go see ea117.com/ftk" if desired, rather than a longer explaination.
          mistamontiel
          Cuba

Post by mistamontiel »

Don't understand why MG are the only ones to embrace autoftk

And when there is little to no (both mates dying simultaneously) time to tilde>Enter>Up Arrow>tilde .. and and and ftking manually takes extra precious finger muscle when just want to frag o.O
          boom
          United States of America

Post by boom »

why don't shut it of drop teamkill to three and just get kick only. So make make you play little smart and careful. So think of your if 80 kills then 3 teamkills get kick then end up log back in score be zero come back in.
          Demonic
          Australia

Post by Demonic »

3 tk's from one individual tonight, within 5 minutes, and not a single apology.....he aint getting my love no more ( IE: no ftk )
          Most everyone else is quick to say sorry, which is the right thing to do...coz in the heat of the battle, sht happens lol
          BROTHERS IN ARMS
          Trench
          Admin
          Admin
          United States of America

Post by Trench »

I'm about 50/50 on saying sorry. Because in the heat of battle, shit happens.
          tonawandares
          Retired Admin
          Retired Admin
          United States of America

Post by tonawandares »

I've begun to incorporate the nftk into my effort to be more relevant in a post-common sense society.
          Let's say that it's just my way of joining the "cancel culture."

~ tona
          Demonic
          Australia

Post by Demonic »

Trench wrote: June 6th, 2022, 6:14 am I'm about 50/50 on saying sorry. Because in the heat of battle, shit happens.
          Well, i had a conversation with the person in question a few nights back, asking if they ever 'ftk'.....the response was ' i always ftk...even if they dont say sorry '.......i did mention to him it appeared he never 'ftk's me '...i dont know if that discussion became a means to not ftk me any more, out of spite...i dont know.

So with your response Trench, i will base my decision to ftk on 3 factors : 1) i see the person at least say sorry, 2) depends on who the individual is and 3) if i feel like it.

I ftk with no hesitation....its an automatic " hit tilde, type 'ftk'...hit enter....move on....even if i didnt get an apology.

It was mentioned in a previous post to this, that by not ftk'ing someone , that person then has to wait over 15 seconds to respawn...and in the heat of the battle, you want everyone on your team to be in the action, and help your team win.
          BROTHERS IN ARMS
          ButtBreathSenior

Post by ButtBreathSenior »

Dem, I feel your pain. It irritates me to no end that there are some "regulars" that do not know (or care I guess) about ftking. I immediately stop and forgive as soon as it happens unless driving or flying as it's the best thing to do for your team. That is of course if the person is actually a team player. Apparently some don't realize how important it is for all players to spawn as fast as possible in order to win. And that's the whole point of the game..to win! Really no excuse in my mind on not being able to do it. Most of the time I've ftked even before saying sorry. And I give everyone the benefit of the doubt UNLESS it's pretty clear it was done intentionally. Igive thought as good as I get..and keep a list beside my mouse. Depending on my mood and the situation if I call them out on it and don't get a response back I'll just tell them to win it on their own and go see if the wife is in a good mood.
          Demonic
          Australia

Post by Demonic »

Totally agree BBS....although i havent got a list as such, but after all of these years, you kind of know a persons personality and their habits, be it good or bad....i felt bad last night when i tk'ed Blink.....i was trying to help him while he was in a dual with someone else, but my dam truck clipped him :oops: ....i instantly said sorry and explained my error .... he ftk'ed me and all was good.

I know accidents are going to happen...specially on Nas, or Berlin where the action is confined.....but 3 in the space of 5 minutes and nothing, combined with the claim of 'i always ftk' a few days earlier when, he tk'ed me then.....na ahh.....no more offering to bend over and pick up the soap for him lolol
          BROTHERS IN ARMS
          Trench
          Admin
          Admin
          United States of America

Post by Trench »

ButtBreathSenior wrote: June 6th, 2022, 9:41 am ...I'll just tell them to win it on their own and go see if the wife is in a good mood.
          But if she doesn't FTK me, it's RIGHT BACK TO THE GAME.... 😉
          HairyRussianDude
          Retired Admin
          Retired Admin
          Canada

Post by HairyRussianDude »

Trench wrote: June 6th, 2022, 10:11 am
          ButtBreathSenior wrote: June 6th, 2022, 9:41 am ...I'll just tell them to win it on their own and go see if the wife is in a good mood.
          But if she doesn't FTK me, it's RIGHT BACK TO THE GAME.... 😉
          :lol: