Battlefield 3 beta start times, beta codes and more

LF55

Re: Battlefield 3 beta start times, beta codes and more

Post by LF55 »

And I am lost on a creek with no paddle. BF3 SN = LF5x5
How can you shoot women or children?
Easy! Ya just don't lead 'em so much! Ain't war hell?

i_am_not_your_father
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by i_am_not_your_father »

Ready-FIRE-Aim wrote:
The specific pop up message window I was getting would appear after I clicked "Join Server." Then comes the message: "Incompatible driver version; Detected AMD driver version 11.1: minimum version is 11.7; please update driver at amd.com before playing game." The only option was "OK" and after clicking that, I got sent back to the server search screen.
In my case, I had to install specific NVidia "beta" GPU drivers for BF3 otherwise it wouldn't let me join. So check the equivalent beta driver for your card. Might be v11.10?
Later,

IANYF
Ready-FIRE-Aim
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Ready-FIRE-Aim »

Ok, I've resolved my error messages and wanted to share those solutions here in case anyone else might encounter similar issues:

Graphics driver: Yes IANYF, the most current driver for my card is 11.10. My problem was that under the BootCamp partition for Windows 7 on my Mac, the AMD installer was unable to execute the install. So, I used the AMD installer program only up to the point of expansion. I chose to create a dedicated folder for the expanded 11.10 driver on the desktop to make it easier to locate and then used the Windows Device Manager to do the install. I honestly cannot tell a difference in graphics performance, but at least I have no pop up messages anymore. And I believe that with 11.10 now installed, the AMD installer will work going forward.

ESN Sonar error: Didn't know wtf this was except that I had very poor performance on "joining parties." Swanny and Spec really held my hand on this and tried to help me get familiar with the concept. Kept getting a pop up error message that ESN Sonar was "Unable to load 1 or more internal sources. Please reinstall. Code 0002"

Well it turns out that was related to the joining parties issue. I searched all over the web and found the (bizarre) solution. All I had to do was go into my Win7 Display Manager and set the screen font size to its minimum of 100%. I had chosen the next size up for tired old eyes but that was the prob. Go figure. No more Sonar errors.

and finally:
Win7 operations familiarity No solution for this. User error. Dumb as a sack of hammers. I miss Steve Jobs...........
Semper Rugby

Life is better just a half a bubble off dead plumb.