BF3 Crashing

Swanny-CG
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

BF3 Crashing

Post by Swanny-CG »

So my game crashes at startup probably 3 out of 4 times, maybe more.

It's been driving me crazy, sometimes it takes 20 minutes to get in-game. Once I'm in it seems to be fine.

I've tried opening the BF3 window as soon as it shows on the taskbar, waiting, going immediately fullscreen, waiting, everything I can think of. Sometimes it goes away almost immediately, sometimes it waits until the map is just about loaded. I have tried closing Battlelog and Origin and starting from scratch - even rebooting.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Origin client. I tried uninstalling and redownloading/reinstalling BF3 beta.

Spec suggested reinstalling my video drivers. I read something else about lowering the clock speed on the GPU. I have no tried either of these yet.

I have noticed that if I go into task manager and kill two processes:
FlashUtil10v_ActiveX.exe *32
and
installhook.exe

I seem to have better success. For anyone else having issues I would be interested to hear if it helps lower the amount of crashing as well.

I just hope I get better reliability from the actual release.
i_am_not_your_father
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Re: BF3 Crashing

Post by i_am_not_your_father »

Swanny-CG wrote: For anyone else having issues I would be interested to hear if it helps lower the amount of crashing as well.
Not here to offer a solution but rather to share your pain. I was also experiencing the same thing but even worse: EA117 Desertcombat maps were taking fooooorever to load maps. So I got fed up with it uninstalled everything related to BF3 including my GPU BF3 beta drivers and at least Desertcombat is back to normal.

Since BF3 is still in Beta mode, buggy code comes with the territory.. add that to the multitude of players who are trying to join the game at the same time --> results in frustration. I was hoping that the final release would do away with Origin but apparently that's not the case. Origin is the &^%45$5#@ IMOHO.

IANYF