Joystick Control in BF3

Jump3rRay

Joystick Control in BF3

Post by Jump3rRay »

It's seems a bit touchy in BF3. Joystick control that is. I picked up the Logitech Extreme 3d Pro. Took some searching to get things working right, but the stick is still a bit sluggish in game. From what I have read, they need to fix this issue with a patch.
Beaver I will try to find the link I used to get my sick working in BF3. Anyone else using a joystick in game?

Basically what I did, was this.
Entered the game via campaign mode. removed all joystick bindings.
Saved the configuration and exited the game.
I then re-entered the game in campaign mode and set the bindings as I like them / wanted them, saved and exited and was able to fly using my new joystick.
One other note though. If you have a throttle on the joystick, make sure the strottle is in the off / lowest position. Otherwise you won't be able to run, reload or fire your weapons..
Swanny-CG
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Re: Joystick Control in BF3

Post by Swanny-CG »

Yeah I removed ALL the defaults and re-did it according to how I wanted it set up. Some of my buttons it called "gamepad up," "gamepad down," etc. So it wasn't a plug in and go kind of thing. When I first tried to use it, it stilll had infantry stuff mapped and I was running around just emptying full clips of ammo over and over.

It seems OK now. I'm not a great pilot and tend to overcommit but I don't think I can honestly blame that on the joystick :)
LdrHavoc
United States of America

Post by LdrHavoc »

I got a joystick for Christmas but it dont have rudder control :[ so I am going to take it back and get one that does have rudder control as for now the normal Keyboard method will work Arrows and A,S,W,D for the win
Jump3rRay

Post by Jump3rRay »

I returned my Joystick today. Useless in the game until they fix it. Very sluggish and non responsive.
Jump3rRay

Post by Jump3rRay »

Noticed that Whirly. It's disappointing really.
Axel
Canada

Post by Axel »

The game makers seem to be interested in feedback in order to improve gameplay. Have you guys posted some of your joystick concerns on their forums?

I was thinking of getting myself a joystick, but will hold off. Instead I opted for a 24" monitor :D :D