Dice does it again. M320 smoke glitch

Beaver
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Great Britain

Dice does it again. M320 smoke glitch

Post by Beaver »

Aug A3 with underslung + m320 smoke = glitched
Last edited by Beaver on June 5th, 2012, 2:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
toolman
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Re: Dice does it again. M320 smoke glitch

Post by toolman »

what the hell kind of post is this??? :twisted:

if it's the same vid I saw on the battlelog forums looks like the smoke kills people now. :P
professional driver. closed course. do not attempt.

LF55

Post by LF55 »

Nick, just move to India and fix it yourself. Geez
How can you shoot women or children?
Easy! Ya just don't lead 'em so much! Ain't war hell?

Axel
Canada

Post by Axel »

:lol: :lol:
LF55 wrote:Nick, just move to India and fix it yourself. Geez
swodi
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by swodi »

yeah, I saw someone report a guy for killing him from along ways away with smoke - I watched procon and nobody said anything after that for a few rounds with the guy... lovely.
Beaver
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Great Britain

Post by Beaver »

Its no way near as bad as the m26 glitch was, but still a glitch none the less, and something to watch out for.
mikeyteh
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by mikeyteh »

You were always able to kill enemies with the M320 smoke. It may be easier now to do it, and from much longer range, but it still only kills one player at a time and has far less ammunition than a sniper rifle, which would earn a shooter that same one hit kill. It is not game breaking as the Dart/Mass glitches were, but will certainly frustrate some people.
DeTr3vNi
United States of America

Post by DeTr3vNi »

mikeyteh wrote:You were always able to kill enemies with the M320 smoke. It may be easier now to do it, and from much longer range, but it still only kills one player at a time and has far less ammunition than a sniper rifle, which would earn a shooter that same one hit kill. It is not game breaking as the Dart/Mass glitches were, but will certainly frustrate some people.
And to add you can't use a scope for it just the normal dumb cross hair....and you only get 7 shots. I don't see this being a problem...
Chief-Go2

Post by Chief-Go2 »

DeTr3vNi wrote:
mikeyteh wrote:You were always able to kill enemies with the M320 smoke. It may be easier now to do it, and from much longer range, but it still only kills one player at a time and has far less ammunition than a sniper rifle, which would earn a shooter that same one hit kill. It is not game breaking as the Dart/Mass glitches were, but will certainly frustrate some people.
And to add you can't use a scope for it just the normal dumb cross hair....and you only get 7 shots. I don't see this being a problem...
I was using it to snipe A and B from the carrier on Nosehair canals. Yes, it's a problem.
mikeyteh
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by mikeyteh »

Chief-Go2 wrote:
DeTr3vNi wrote:
I was using it to snipe A and B from the carrier on Nosehair canals. Yes, it's a problem.
Perhaps it's a bit OP...
OddJob2021
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by OddJob2021 »

^Perhaps? I can't believe people are trying to justify it. This is obviously a glitch. The 320 has drop but this smoke garbage doesn't? Now I see why you wanted to try to out-snipe me with it inverted, it's a cake walk, no drop-calcs. Although the valid point was made about ammo/kps(kill per shot) it doesn't take any skill because it doesn't follow the same rules of physics the rest of the weapons do. If I see anyone using this glitch they will be warned, then kicked if repeated. If I see any 117 member doing/using it, it's an auto-kick, period.
mikeyteh
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by mikeyteh »

OddJob2021 wrote:^Perhaps? I can't believe people are trying to justify it. This is obviously a glitch. The 320 has drop but this smoke garbage doesn't? Now I see why you wanted to try to out-snipe me with it inverted, it's a cake walk, no drop-calcs. Although the valid point was made about ammo/kps(kill per shot) it doesn't take any skill because it doesn't follow the same rules of physics the rest of the weapons do. If I see anyone using this glitch they will be warned, then kicked if repeated. If I see any 117 member doing/using it, it's an auto-kick, period.
Jay, it was a bit of sarcasm. I've never personally used the M320 Smoke since the latest patch. Chief's comments said enough to convince me. My first impressions of the glitch I shared earlier in the thread. DICE has already acknowledged the glitch and incoming fix, although the patch is likely to be weeks/months/DLC's away. Is this something that would warrant a !smoke command for all to use to report users? Perhaps at least a !smoke command to spam in chat when we see someone using it would be appropriate like the original !dart command was. Just my $.02.
OddJob2021
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by OddJob2021 »

I like the idea of the !smoke until they patch it. Good call. I hope spec is reading if not I'll try to remember to tell him.