Game Q&A

LF55

Game Q&A

Post by LF55 »

Being an old fart has some disadvantages. For instance, you are 100% guaranteed to be knifed by Nick at least three times in a game. On the other hand, I confuse easily and sometimes just pee my pants when I accidentally discharge my weapon and kill RFA (a happy accident). Anyway, something to look forward to as you age gracefully and try to play a young man's game.

Can someone explain how flags are maintained in BF3? For instance, I arrive in a flag perimeter held by the opposition. The flag does not begin to descend, which I know means there is an opponent on site. Is there a time limit if the opposition is not found, killed or run off crying?

Conversely, I notice if I am holding a flag, that the opposition will begin taking it in short order. Explain please, and maybe prevent me from having another urinary adventure.
How can you shoot women or children?
Easy! Ya just don't lead 'em so much! Ain't war hell?

LF55

Re: Game Q&A

Post by LF55 »

Come on you whippersnappers clue me in will ya?

swodi
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by swodi »

I think it has to do with the more team members within the flag area - if there is just one of you there and it's your flag, if just one guy from the other team enters the flag area it doesn't change - but if two from the other team enter the area it will change over for them... I think...
LF55

Post by LF55 »

Thanks Swodi, I was wondering if that was the case.

Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Post by Sarge 1/68th Armor »

I find that if you don't know where you are, not to run around in a panick into the enemies rifle barrel. It just scares the crap out if you!!

'Silver Lions" 1st Battalion, 68th Armor Regiment, 8th Infantry Division/
SFC. TANK CDR. M1A1....HUA!

With Great Speed
mikeyteh
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by mikeyteh »

Sarge,
Control of flags is completely determined by which team has more soldiers in the flag capturing boundary. If you enter an enemy base and the flag doesn't move, search the area (carefully) for any enemies. Once the area is clear (or your teammates arrive to outnumber the present enemies), the flag will begin to go down.

Listen for the clicking noise as well! You may notice that when you enter an empty flag area, you hear a clicking noise as the base is captured. As long as there are no enemies present on a base that you are trying to capture, you will continue to hear a clicking noise. If an enemy enters the base while you are there, the clicking will stop, alerting you further that you are not alone.
LF55

Post by LF55 »

Ok, that answers it. Thanks Mikey.