Jetsam

LF55

Jetsam

Post by LF55 »

Just my opinion, but jets are running the game in many rounds. Often it makes it nearly impossible to score (let alone leave your base) whether infantry or in ground vehicles. If team does not have fliers, than the other teams wins...it is just that simple. My experience is that jets do not assist in theater, they run the theater even when you are on foot. Stingers are not effective as the jet's speed usually prevents a 2nd launch post flares or ECM.

I see a lot of pilots fly partners in series. What the first does not kill the one right behind finishes off. Absolutely deadly. I'm also getting killed on the ground much more now. You could say pilot expertise has increased with time, and I would agree. But, what I see/hear a lot now is just a few bullets being used to make the ground kill from the air. I'm suspicious when I see that high a level of control and attack.

I also notice a lot of near zero velocity attacks with jets now. For sure, it's much easier to target and kill if you are not moving. I haven't been successful in changing my throttle setup using a Logitech Extreme 3D joystick to effect slower ground speed. It seems I can get normal speed or uber speed, but nothing less. Any thoughts?
How can you shoot women or children?
Easy! Ya just don't lead 'em so much! Ain't war hell?

Grizzly
United States of America

Re: Jetsam

Post by Grizzly »

Larry, these god awful jets give me the red ass to no ends as well. It's nothing like DC and I have pretty much given up any hope of competing with these kids that are now playing 22 hrs a day instead of getting a damn job and paying in for my damn Social Security! I use a logitech 3d and have yet to figure out a good sensitivity setting, I either over or under shoot every time. Hours of gameplay and a tweeners reflexes win out over educated logic in this damn game. Good Luck Brother!
HI! I love you!
LF55

Post by LF55 »

Amen Brotha Grizz!

I hate doing it, but once I'm in game and that kill pattern is established and I'm repeatedly getting my ass handed to me just trying to clear the base, I quit and look for a new server. Of course this has nothing o do with the particular server, it's all Dice and the advantage they have given to jets.

As far as the joystick, my son Cris (Dvaren) has the same Logitech. He has been trying to figure out how to find '0' on the throttle as well. No luck yet. If he or I come up with something, I'll post here.

Swanny-CG
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Swanny-CG »

With past sticks, I've usually had some calibration program that I could use to show the throw on a particular axis or throttle. If you have that you can mark it on the throttle itself maybe?
LF55

Post by LF55 »

Thanks Jason. I'll see what I can find.

Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Post by Sarge 1/68th Armor »

I just use my sons Nerf sword and slash my screen to no end, screaming profanities....I'm fun to watch play :D :x

'Silver Lions" 1st Battalion, 68th Armor Regiment, 8th Infantry Division/
SFC. TANK CDR. M1A1....HUA!

With Great Speed
Swanny-CG
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Swanny-CG »

LF55 wrote:Thanks Jason. I'll see what I can find.
Either something from the manufacturer or check in COntrol Panel - you might have something built in to Windows where you can approximate it.

I remember some Logitech controller I used to have had an app that you could use to set throw percentages. This would let you create an effective "dead zone," say from -10 to +10, that would be 0 throttle, then use +10-100 for forward thrust and -10-100 for reverse.
LF55

Post by LF55 »

Thanks Jason, I'll look for it and let you know here.

I just finished a round of Firestorm on another server with 2000 tickets. Get this, the round was 2 hr-28 min. long. We were up 1800 to 600 kicking some butt at the 1 hour mark. They then got two ringers in jets and helo pilots who kept stealing from our main. It went on for another hour and a half after that. They creamed us in the air, and that made all the difference. Final was 757 for us, but I had serious doubts we would win.

Here's a link: http://battlelogger.com/reports/img/35617643-1.png

I'm exhausted. I'll go take an old guy epsom salts bath and change my Depends now.