Was I kicked?

J0hn-Stuart-Mill

Was I kicked?

Post by J0hn-Stuart-Mill »

Hey guys.... I've played on your server a lot over the past few months, and I've always loved it, and haven't had any problems. But tonight I was kicked with the message: "Game disconnected: you were kicked from the game."

It's possible it's something dumb like punkbuster or EA having trouble, but I restarted my computer, and then rejoined your server, and was kicked again, this time within 5 seconds. The problem isn't happening elsewhere, so not sure what to think.

Particularly lame is the first time it was just seconds before the round ended, and I was about to be MVP..... so seems kind of suspicious. - http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/ba ... 351986612/

So do you guys know anything about this?
swodi
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Re: Was I kicked?

Post by swodi »

Howdy John - and welcome to the forums :)
If that is your gaming ID - it is not on the banlist so you weren't banned at least! :D
It may have been a random kick if the server was full when someone from our VIP list joined it may have disconnected you...

Either way - thanks for hanging out on the server!!!
J0hn-Stuart-Mill

Ok, cool!

I will say that it was kind of weird message.... I've only been kicked twice before, but both times it said "Stated Reason: " even if no reason was given.... so perhaps it was just some weird problem.
J0hn-Stuart-Mill

Well, I am so sorry guys.... The problem was not happening on infantry maps, but on a different vehicle map I was "kicked" again, so I tried a "repair install" and SURE ENOUGH it found some sort of problem and downloaded and replaced a 99 megabyte file.

No idea, other than the problem is gone now. STRANGE.
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Hacker :o
God bless the past and present men and women in uniform.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
swodi
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by swodi »

Very odd John :/ I haven't heard much of having to reinstall - but glad to know it fixed it!! See ya on the server!