BF3 sniper rifle scope test

OddJob2021
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

BF3 sniper rifle scope test

Post by OddJob2021 »

Testing with Beav on Canals. Scope is clearly hidden.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Re: BF3 sniper rifle scope test

Post by Nightstalker »

???? Are you talking about how you can still see the glare from his scope even though it is behind the cargo box??? Sorry you have to remember I am DC dork. I am surprised with all the other level up add-ons they have they did not make a scope anti-reflection cover for you guys also. Damn slackers.
God bless the past and present men and women in uniform.
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

TOG | Whirly wrote:this is also how they get there longest sniper kill Stu. but yes i think hes saying about the glare.. what was the distance anyway?

LMAO .. so its not ummm "real world" gaming kills. They are set up when the server is slow. ie Just Beav and Oddjob LOLOLOL.

I can hear the TS chatter now.

Player 1 lets say Beav ... "No no .. move a little further back and to the left. ..... Yea right there I can see you now."
BOOM

Player 2 lets say Oddjob "Good shot. Now you got the medal." :7: :7: :7: :7:

Player 1 .. Beav ... "I am the best on the server."

Player 2 Oddjob. .. "Yea but Spec's knife kills make me feel funny in my pink parts"

Player 1 Beaver. "Pfft bloody hell mate I am a pink part ... did you see my name?"
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. This is Nightstalker and this is EA117.
Beaver
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Great Britain

Post by Beaver »

What we are showing here is the fact that i could see jay as clear as day, but it is showing my scope is behind the crate, (indicated by the scope glint).
OddJob2021
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by OddJob2021 »

^Right. And Nightstalker, I'm gunna have to learn to talk shit from some of the guys on TS and maybe get some dirt on you for ammo back :D And as for the distance here it's Canals on TDM Whirly, lol, and right empty server for testing this stuff is ideal. Believe it or not Nightstalker, I'm using an 8x scope in the screenshot. The un-zoomed one shows suppression, meaning beaver can hit me. I'd say in this specific instance we're about 50-65m apart.

EDIT: Nightstalker, as for an explanation as to why I have a problem with this, lets say it was a real game: Beaver has position on me, I see the scope glint, so i jump and lie down with zoom to find him half hidden. he shoots, and misses barely, I get suppressed, which means my shots are slightly off expected target. I now have to choose whether I go for the one-shot (I have a 75% headshot ratio with this gun) headshot or go for the reliable body/legshot which he will survive and fall back to recover from if he can't hit me. This is a problem in this case because I cannot see 65% of his head which means I have to hit his left cheek lol. But he can see my whole body clear as day, and easily aim for the headshot with 100% clarity.

EDITx2: Oh and I actually have a flash-hider for my SWFA 20x42mm scope on my AR-30 ;).
Last edited by OddJob2021 on July 30th, 2012, 2:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

;) ... I do not know what you mean by suppression and not being able to be hit because when I hear suppression I am think of a suppressor or silencer if you will. Which would not impede someone from being hit just muffle the sound of the muzzle blast.
OddJob2021
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by OddJob2021 »

Nightstalker wrote:;) ... I do not know what you mean by suppression and not being able to be hit because when I hear suppression I am think of a suppressor or silencer if you will. Which would not impede someone from being hit just muffle the sound of the muzzle blast.
I made an edit, I should have been more clear.
Sarge 1/68th Armor
United States of America

Post by Sarge 1/68th Armor »

Being an Air Force dufuss you'll never here an command for suppressive fire. ;) You know, keep their heads down so you can deploy safer :roll: Get out more and watch a few war movies

'Silver Lions" 1st Battalion, 68th Armor Regiment, 8th Infantry Division/
SFC. TANK CDR. M1A1....HUA!

With Great Speed
swodi
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by swodi »

yeah - when you get suppressed it's when someone fires at you - and they come close but don't hit you - it's makes it all blurry and unfocused for a second, then back to normal... With a level up, both personal and squad level ups you can have anti-suppression which attempts to prevent getting suppressed :D
Nightstalker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
United States of America

Post by Nightstalker »

Thank you Swodi. That explains it.